Problem with Game Room.

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#91 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:18 PM

Game Room would be better if they let you stick XBLA games in there, it would be especially awesome with the cabinets for games like Outrun and Virtual On. It would just be a more advanced way of looking at someone's gamerscore / what games they've played. Also a cool way to show off your virtual collection.

The interface sucks too, should have let us walk around with our avatars.

That sounds like an awesome idea...seems like they totally missed the boat on that.

#92 Metalic Sand

Metalic Sand

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:35 PM

I think the Game Pack stuff is going to be Game Room's downfall. It's really stupid.

Yea its almost exactly why Home is so bad on PSN. Dling packs/areas.

I would have thought they would have learned things like this dont work!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Add me on LIVE to compare or challenge XBLA scores! https://www.dropbox....ls/NTUzNzI3OTg5

#93 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:22 AM

http://kotaku.com/55...ntil-late-april
In the link is another couple of links for places to tell Microsoft what you want.
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#94 4thHorseman

4thHorseman

The New God

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:51 AM

Late April? As if the games themselves couldn't kill Game Room, the time between games helps turn the knife a little.

#95 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:57 AM

I was excited, probably unnecessarily so, about the Game Room concept but the final product is a massive letdown. Emulators and other disc compilations, as others have said here already, have done this far better -- as much as "walking around" is sort of cool, I can't bring myself to actually pay even a couple of dollars for games I can play elsewhere for nothing. Games that, frankly, aren't even worth a few dollars anymore to play.

#96 100xp

100xp

Blizzard Spy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:06 AM

I was hoping I could walk around my arcade mall, ride an escalator etc, the one nice thing I noticed was your avatar and your friends avatars are rendered a lot better. you could see detailing in the ODST armor. Still, seems wrong to buy virtual tokens and games to play when you're already paying for XBL gold. I think my coleco still works w/the atari adapter.

if MS somehow figures out how to profit from the masses by developing XBL sims with our avatars, they've won...oh noes...

#97 Spybreak9

Spybreak9

$$$$$ Game Scholar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:12 AM

So wait a friend told me if you both buy the same arcade console and play in your friend's arcade you can gain tokens that way?
N7_Spectres are not trained, but chosen_N7, Check out my personal Gaming 4 Life gaming blog for gaming talk.Spybreaker.pnguc.png
:D Destiny, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Sunset Overdrive, The Master Chief Collection, The Witcher 3
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2908-9378

#98 uglyteradon

uglyteradon

CAG-tastrophe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:25 PM

I've only found three games that I felt were worth buying... but really I'll be stoked if they release Tron or the old Star Wars arcade machine. I think that this is a good idea for Microsoft and it's been fun competing for high-scores with my friends.

#99 Danil ACE

Danil ACE

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:47 PM

Microsoft's Game Room is on par with Sony's Home for being completely worthless.

#100 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:44 AM

Tutenkamen or whatever it is called... I always liked that game in the arcade. Only one problem: this is the first time I've seen just how badly the 360 d-pad sucks. The game is virtually unplayable with the d-pad. It's better with the analog stick, but still not ideals. But I have a Hori HRAP EX-SE, so I'm good there, but for others?

#101 phantomfriar2002

phantomfriar2002

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:30 PM

Can you say "epic fail"?

All "new" games indefinitely delayed...

http://www.1up.com/d...ory?cId=3179046