renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

uhh bros before foes?

#92 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

That is where you are wrong. You are still able to do everything you wanted to do before, now you just do it yourself or with a new group of people. None of your life goals change, just the people you experience them with does.

This. With the possible exception of maybe delaying somethings like home purchases etc. if he was counting on two incomes. But that's not a bad thing either as relationships work best (IMO) when both people have some financial independence first, and when a couple picks a lifestyle that can largely be supported by either in come. Ensures living below your means, and can weather one partner losing a job for a while or a breakup without financial ruin. Just my opinion of course. Some people just want a housewife type to raise the kids, or want to max out lifestyle on to incomes etc.

Otherwise, meet some new people. Join some meetup.com groups or campus groups (think you said you were a grad student--I did a lot of grad/staff/faculty league intramural sports in grad school, there were happy hours etc.)--to find people who like doing the same stuff. Do some things you enjoy on your own like going to movies or hiking or whatever your into. Focus on moving on, taking care of yourself and getting happy again and you'll meet someone else when the time is right.

If you're shy or working too much to meet people down the road when you're over it and ready to move on, don't be too good for online dating. I've done it a few times over the years and met some cool people. Never a serious relationship out of it as I just happened to end up meeting someone through friends, work etc. while doing it every time, but have several friends of both genders who met their current partners online and I at least got some casual relationships and sex out of it the times I gave it a shot.

In my experience Match.com was the best as it had the most users--and being a paid site most members were serious about meeting people and going on dates. Just have to be patient and e-mail a lot of people as the decent looking girls on sites like that get a shit ton of e-mails (hundreds a day in some cases) so you have to contact a bunch of people to get a few dates--searching regularly and finding new members who meet your interests as key as then you can be in the first round of e-mails before they're booked up with dates and/or overwhelmed with e-mails and give up.

#93 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

I just cannot find a girl.

you could be worse off... :-#

Auen1.png?7125

#94 Habbler

Habbler

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:06 PM

Also, just got into a great relationship on New Year's with a chick that I'd known for a while from OKCupid. Things are progressing slowly, but nicely. A million times better than my last two relationships. Life is grand.

Met a really nice girl right after NYE too using OKCupid. It was fun while it lasted, but apparently I am too nice. She broke it off after 2 months saying I was too good for her and she wasn't ready for anything long term. She of course wanted to stay friends on Facebook and keep in touch, and I begrudgingly agreed.

Well I made it a whole 4 days before calling her up and telling her off. At least I know there won't be any games in the future, but I still feel like a dick for going all "Listen bitch! I had my doubts too!"

#95 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

ouch. maybe i'm not doing so bad.

Auen1.png?7125

#96 200STM

200STM

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:30 AM

I got a story, a cashier at my job was flirting with me for a good while she was quite cute, petite, amazing smile and had a big nerdy side to her. I decided that I would just like to have her as a friend so anytime she made advances I just ignored them and always reassured her I'm glad we're friends! I even bought some my little pony toys in front of her and she thought it was cute she even started to watch the show so she can have something to talk about with me. I felt bad because I don't want to lead her on so one day after going to a hukkah bar and enjoying some in and out burger I told her that she should try to find another guy and that I appreciate that she wants to be with me in a relationship level but I rather have us be friends I let her down easily and we were still friends until she quit and found a new job. We don't talk anymore not even on facebook whats funny is she found a boyfriend who surprisingly looks like me. My friends till this day tell me I should have gone for it but she was too good for me and I rather have her as a friend though we don't talk anymore lol it was still great knowing that there are some really amazing women out there (well here in Bakersfield lol)

#97 FlyingAce39

FlyingAce39

Flyin' High Again

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

Seems like all the girls around me (in the part of town I live in) are either pregnant/have children already or they are already hooked up to some pretentious douchebag. Either way, it makes me sick. I always think about that "one that got away".

I was out at the local RC flying field flying one of my planes and this really cute girl comes out to the field with her parents. I was 19 at the time and she looked like she was 17 or so. Both her and her parents were really fascinated with my planes and that really made me feel cool. She also seemed to be interested in me and I was just stupid enough to not get her number, but not from arrogance or lack of interest. (Because she was REALLY cute.) I just didn't think about it. I never did get her name or number, but I will ALWAYS remember that girl. I've tried to find her from information that a mutual friend had, but it was unsuccessful. In the words of Hall and Oates, "she's gone".

660090.png 660091.png

#98 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:56 PM

good song, flyingace.

well, i'm still out there, not really doing much. just finding ways to kill time i guess. life can be quite boring when you're alone.

Auen1.png?7125

#99 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

Helps if you have a backlog of games. At this rate, I'm still good for another year at least.
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#100 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:41 PM

Seems like all the girls around me (in the part of town I live in) are either pregnant/have children already or they are already hooked up to some pretentious douchebag. Either way, it makes me sick. I always think about that "one that got away".

At least you already know who the easy ones are!

#101 Ag_SurfR

Ag_SurfR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:31 AM

Helps if you have a backlog of games. At this rate, I'm still good for another year at least.

i was so depressed i gave away my ps3. maybe i'll buy a new one.

Auen1.png?7125

#102 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:06 AM

I was going to post a shortened version of this in the "hOTT and bOTThered" thread, but I guess this would be better.

On pay day, a co-worker friend (Steve) and I go out to eat. We decide to go to a Denny's that was near his house. We eat and go to pay the bill where the cashier greets us. She was actually nicer than our waitress and was very charming when she said to come back for a future visit.

Two weeks past and we go back to the same Denny's. We are seated and the waitress comes to take our order. It was the cashier from two week's earlier. Her name is Laura and she looked at me and said "You look familiar" with a smile. I looked at her and my heart started beating fast. There felt like such a strong attraction where I couldn't speak. It felt like time stopped until she asked if I wanted to order. I ordered and then Steve ordered. However, I noticed that she was still staring at me while he was ordering.

Throughout the night, she was very good making sure we had enough to drink, eat, etc. that I decided to add more than 20% for the tip. I even put in a good word to (I am assuming) the manager. Since then, Laura was the waitress every time we returned. One time I was watching a show on Steven's phone. She came over, asked what I was watching, and leaned behind me to watch (the battery went out shortly after).

I wondered if Laura was just being nice so she could get a big tip. Part of me thinks she didn't for two reasons:

1. She gave us the choice of paying at the table or at the register. I remember always having to go up to the register to pay at Denny's.

2. I left my card next to the receipt on the table the next time we were there and she never picked it up. It wasn't like she was in a hurry to get the money although she did mention working long hours without making much.

Steve was suggesting I make a move to get her phone number. I was scared because the last time I asked a woman for her number, she answered "I don't think my finance would like that" but I decided to do it when we went back to Denny's this past Friday.

She wasn't there.

After paying the bill, I asked if Laura was still around. I find out she quit the job but the person did not know exactly what happened to make her leave.

I feel crushed and kind of embarrassed to the point where I feel like I shouldn't go there anymore. Sure there are attractive women out there, but I don't remember the last time a woman made me feel so wanted and desired. I'm wondering if I should have made a move sooner; Steve thought I should have returned later that night when she was talking about her long hours.

Since this happened, I don't know what to think. The only thing I'm doing is playing "Love Hurts" on Rock Band and drinking - one bottle of beer a day (usually I drink once a week at the most).

Sorry if this post was too long or in the wrong thread, but I never experienced anything like this before.

Thanks for reading.

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#103 bigpimpin24

bigpimpin24

Killamanjaro!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:53 AM

I'll just leave this here

Posted Image
"War? War never changes.."

#104 kodave

kodave

Posted 25 March 2013 - 07:14 AM

I was going to post a shortened version of this in the "hOTT and bOTThered" thread, but I guess this would be better.

On pay day, a co-worker friend (Steve) and I go out to eat. We decide to go to a Denny's that was near his house. We eat and go to pay the bill where the cashier greets us. She was actually nicer than our waitress and was very charming when she said to come back for a future visit.

Two weeks past and we go back to the same Denny's. We are seated and the waitress comes to take our order. It was the cashier from two week's earlier. Her name is Laura and she looked at me and said "You look familiar" with a smile. I looked at her and my heart started beating fast. There felt like such a strong attraction where I couldn't speak. It felt like time stopped until she asked if I wanted to order. I ordered and then Steve ordered. However, I noticed that she was still staring at me while he was ordering.

Throughout the night, she was very good making sure we had enough to drink, eat, etc. that I decided to add more than 20% for the tip. I even put in a good word to (I am assuming) the manager. Since then, Laura was the waitress every time we returned. One time I was watching a show on Steven's phone. She came over, asked what I was watching, and leaned behind me to watch (the battery went out shortly after).

I wondered if Laura was just being nice so she could get a big tip. Part of me thinks she didn't for two reasons:

1. She gave us the choice of paying at the table or at the register. I remember always having to go up to the register to pay at Denny's.

2. I left my card next to the receipt on the table the next time we were there and she never picked it up. It wasn't like she was in a hurry to get the money although she did mention working long hours without making much.

Steve was suggesting I make a move to get her phone number. I was scared because the last time I asked a woman for her number, she answered "I don't think my finance would like that" but I decided to do it when we went back to Denny's this past Friday.

She wasn't there.

After paying the bill, I asked if Laura was still around. I find out she quit the job but the person did not know exactly what happened to make her leave.

I feel crushed and kind of embarrassed to the point where I feel like I shouldn't go there anymore. Sure there are attractive women out there, but I don't remember the last time a woman made me feel so wanted and desired. I'm wondering if I should have made a move sooner; Steve thought I should have returned later that night when she was talking about her long hours.

Since this happened, I don't know what to think. The only thing I'm doing is playing "Love Hurts" on Rock Band and drinking - one bottle of beer a day (usually I drink once a week at the most).

Sorry if this post was too long or in the wrong thread, but I never experienced anything like this before.

Thanks for reading.

Sounds like it might have been a "missed connection" so to speak (have you tried that avenue via Craigslist?).

But on the other hand - it was just a waitress at Denny's. And you're moping about this? You need to get out there any meet other people. There's no reason you should be hung up on a waitress just because you missed your window of opportunity to make a move and ask her out.

#105 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

Not to be rude but it is the waitress job to make you feel good and special, otherwise she doesn't get a tip. Once you have your routine down, or if you realize someone is tipping nicely you tend to to gravitate towards them and show them favor (as they will show you a nice tip). She might have actually thought you were attractive, you never know, but I definitely wouldn't be down in the dumps because my waitress quit.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#106 raiden_86

raiden_86

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

i agree with kodave & perdition(troy

#107 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:45 PM

She wasn't there.

Thanks for reading.

Don't ever go to a strip club...

#108 irideabike

irideabike

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

lmao, you had me dying with that post.

There are no shortcuts. No do-overs. What happened, happened. Trust me. I know. All of this matters.

Madden 13 SB Champ in the CAG gentleman's league.

#109 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:19 AM

You guys are right. At the end of the day, she was just a waitress. She knew my name since she saw it on my card so she could have definitely contacted me or find me on Facebook if she wanted. Still, I never felt that way about a waitress before and I felt like I should have made a move sooner when I had the chance. It still makes me sad though.

And yeah, I don't do Craigslist. Never been to a strip club.

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"