Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4216 replies to this topic

Poll: Which games are you pre-ordering? (3411 member(s) have cast votes)

Which games are you pre-ordering?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1261 usagi

usagi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:20 AM

Chase Sapphire, it's pretty easy with their program I highly recommend it. But it must be the same retailer, and no coupon deal/B2G1 trickery.

Do you remember the procedure required to PM on your credit card? I've read fine print for my credit card it says to call the Benefit line. Then to send them your receipt and a printed advertisement of the lower price. After few weeks they send you check of the difference. Is that about right?

#1262 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:31 AM

Do you remember the procedure required to PM on your credit card? I've read fine print for my credit card it says to call the Benefit line. Then to send them your receipt and a printed advertisement of the lower price. After few weeks they send you check of the difference. Is that about right?

Yep, the Mrs. manages the Sapphire and I manage the Freedom, so I can't tell you the exact details, but that is the general procedure. I remember last time there was a hassle about sending the printed advertisement since it was a online sale. She tried to just provide a link but they won't budge.

I also called them to ask if I can fax the ad for further PMs, I forgot what their answer was, I guess it was a no :D

EDIT: I realize I am contradicting myself, seemingly, by saying it was "easy" earlier, so change "easy" in my earlier statement to "not THAT big of a hassle".

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1263 TheLiptonDipper

TheLiptonDipper

Brony 4 Life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:43 AM

No I just forgot about the DLC coming and now need to decide, keep, or sell, my copy (gonna SSUUCCKKK if vanilla saves don't work)

http://www.gameinfor...ew-enemies.aspx

It says it will export old saves in this article.

#1264 thunder2

thunder2

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:11 AM

I'm sure the answer is a snake waiting to bite me, but I can't seem to confirm this outright. If I use reward certificates to bring down the cost when I pick up the game, that won't affect the promo $20 back, right? TIA.

#1265 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

Sony confirms Last of Us delayed to 6/14

Figures I didn't expect it where it was anyways b/c of GTA. There's just too many top titles release so close together w/o the potential sales boost from black friday/general x-mas sales.

I'm a little nervous about depending on a price drop in 30 days. I haven't seen Devil May Cry drop and its been almost 30. Silver members I get it.

Damn, it has been close to a month. With only 2(3 total) release of note Aliens, Dead Space & Anarchy Reigns there wasn't any real competition to the genre.

I'm sure the answer is a snake waiting to bite me, but I can't seem to confirm this outright. If I use reward certificates to bring down the cost when I pick up the game, that won't affect the promo $20 back, right? TIA.

RZ certs are "payment" thus they should never affect a promo/price match. They do make the receipt total look funny but it's still easy to figure out. Your good w/RZ certs & that's most likey what will be refunded back to you 1st during a pm.

#1266 Pliskin

Pliskin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

My Dead Space 3 purchase finally posted to my RWZ account, no mention of any bonus points though. Hopefully they'll pop up in a couple of days.

#1267 knight19

knight19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

I can't seem to find any of the special editions of Bioshock Infinite even listed on BBY.com - I'm looking for the Premium Edition ($80) - anyone know if you can still preorder it in-store and, if so, anyone have the 360 SKU (the pre-order kiosk at my store isn't working). Many thanks!

#1268 Killbomb

Killbomb

Waiting for Darkness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:38 AM

Anyone else on the fence on Crysis 3? Mainly hesitant because I'm already getting Metal Gear Rising and I'm out of RZ certs at the moment so it would be $60 up front.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#1269 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:33 PM

I can't seem to find any of the special editions of Bioshock Infinite even listed on BBY.com - I'm looking for the Premium Edition ($80) - anyone know if you can still preorder it in-store and, if so, anyone have the 360 SKU (the pre-order kiosk at my store isn't working). Many thanks!

It is sold out online. Had to google it, then find it thru various links.

The page isn't searchable even with the sku on the website, so good luck!

xivpads.png

#1270 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

My Dead Space 3 purchase finally posted to my RWZ account, no mention of any bonus points though. Hopefully they'll pop up in a couple of days.

I'm not seeing my $20 either. Might call in a week or so.

2ibzq5d.jpg

#1271 BiggyP2P

BiggyP2P

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

I'm gonna preface this by saying that I won't disclose the store I work for but some major changes are in the works. Beginning around the beginning of March (3rd I believe) the company is changing their return policy to 15 days. The price match policy is changing to 15 days as well. The wording in the learning states that a competitor price match is valid only at the time of initial purchase. Any matches done after purchase only apply to in store or bestbuy.com price changes. The wording makes it seem like competitor price matches will not be allowed after day one purchase.

Summary: 15 day return/PM window is coming in March. Silver members are also losing the 60 day window in April.

The employees at this store aren't happy at the moment.

#1272 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

I'm gonna preface this by saying that I won't disclose the store I work for but some major changes are in the works. Beginning around the beginning of March (3rd I believe) the company is changing their return policy to 15 days. The price match policy is changing to 15 days as well. The wording in the learning states that a competitor price match is valid only at the time of initial purchase. Any matches done after purchase only apply to in store or bestbuy.com price changes. The wording makes it seem like competitor price matches will not be allowed after day one purchase.

Summary: 15 day return/PM window is coming in March. Silver members are also losing the 60 day window in April.

What's the return/PM for Silver?

2ibzq5d.jpg

#1273 Mako1215

Mako1215

Mr.OneOfWonder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

Well looks BB is going to go down the drain even more.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#1274 blume3

blume3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

I'm having trouble finding out about the @gamer magazine. I wanted a physical subscription but they told me at the store that they only do digital now. I do not have an iPad so I have not been able to find any information about getting my digital subscription.

Anyone in a similar situation or have any info on how I can get this?

2ibzq5d.jpg

#1275 kelo360

kelo360

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

Anyone else on the fence on Crysis 3? Mainly hesitant because I'm already getting Metal Gear Rising and I'm out of RZ certs at the moment so it would be $60 up front.

I absolutely loved the beta especially hunter mode which added some much-needed white-knuckle suspense to online shooters. My only problem is deciding between 360 and PS3. Eurogamer gave 360 slight edge and lens of truth said PS3 was sharper.

#1276 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

well, this is bad news if it is true. I can live with this as long as they still offer $5-10 games with gamers coupon, and the occassional $10-20 sale on newer games.

Edited by YBX87, 14 February 2013 - 04:46 PM.

#1277 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

If true, then all I can say is its fun while it lasted.
Hopefully somebody else will provide some further info.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#1278 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

Nice April fools for Premier Silver folks.

#1279 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

Wow..... you just dropped the hammer on all us BB customers.

Thanks for the heads up but boy am i disappointed. Still in shock right now reading this but i suppose it's not sutprising given how BB has been faring.

#1280 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

Nice April fools for Premier Silver folks.

It wouldn't make sense to be. I think this is just our worst fears coming true.

#1281 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

Id wait till something official is said. A lot of gossip and rumors happen at stores.

15 day would seem like an odd number to use. Id expect 14 since thats exactly 2 weeks.

#1282 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

Id wait till something official is said. A lot of gossip and rumors happen at stores.

15 day would seem like an odd number to use. Id expect 14 since thats exactly 2 weeks.

15 days is half the current pm window, but **** WHY MARCH, Soooo many games out in march...

#1283 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

Still, I wouldnt worry to much till something official is said.

#1284 klimb22

klimb22

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

15 days is half the current pm window, but **** WHY MARCH, Soooo many games out in march...

I think you may have answered your own question with your last sentence. Though video games may only be a fraction of BBs business, I would bet that they are the most price matched. BB was probably thinking "these CAG folks are too smart...we can't keep giving away new games for $20"

#1285 FlyingMonkey9

FlyingMonkey9

Genetically Modified CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

Don't believe it

#1286 joshnorm

joshnorm

Hey, Wha Happen..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

I think you may have answered your own question with your last sentence. Though video games may only be a fraction of BBs business, I would bet that they are the most price matched. BB was probably thinking "these CAG folks are too smart...we can't keep giving away new games for $20"

I doubt they are thinking that. They are looking at How can we no longer stay in business...ahh I know get rid of PM-ing! It doesn't make a lick of sense and I would easily stop shopping there if this took effect.

#1287 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:57 PM

i doubt videos games even come close to a fractions bbs business. many times, when i go to the video game section at my local bestbuy. It is literally a barren waste land, no a soul around, not even a employee. I had to wait, when I needed the help.

#1288 Dund3r

Dund3r

You can't handle my undivided attention.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

I'll believe it when I see it, but if it's true, I will gladly go to another retailer who will give me $20 to buy games from them on Day 1 (i.e., Amazon, Walmart, Microsoft Store).

Don't fail me now Best Buy, I've been a supporter for too long to have something like this happen.

Edited by Dund3r, 14 February 2013 - 05:26 PM.

#1289 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

This would be a big change given how the industry standard is for 30 days.

The 60 day PM is supposed to be a privilege so i understand if that goes away but would they offer any return/PM window incentive for Silver members still? 30 days perhaps?

Regardless, it's going to stop my personal Day 1 purchases now. Fuck.

#1290 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:20 PM

Um...WOW, if that's true. It sounds like a surefire way to lose whatever business BBY currently gets in the gaming department; hopefully we'll find out for sure in the coming days. My next preorder is Bioshock Infinite, but I might end up just cancelling it if these changes actually happen.

And Donut2922, I have to say the same thing--I'd make far, far fewer Day 1 purchases if this happens. :cry: :bomb:

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps2: Shadow Hearts: Covenant :ps3: MGS2 HD [Dogtags/Misc.]  :vita: Doki Doki Universe; One Piece: Unlimited World RED
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/23]: :ps3: MGS2 HD [Easy] (5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi