Android games ongoing sales.

• Please log in to reply
1347 replies to this topic

#1291 razorracer83

razorracer83

I got the need for speed.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:18 AM

Just curious, how good are HD Widgets compared to Beautiful Widgets?  And are the widgets in HD Widgets resource intensive?  I already have Beautiful Widgets, and I heard lots of good things about HD Widgets, but there is no point in getting them if they are not better than BW and if they slow down my Nexus 7.  But then again, I may get them to increase my options; I mean I have the Swype, Swiftkey, and Thumb keyboards on my Nexus 7, after all.

Wii U!?! I don't think you could possibly give a game console a worse name!!!

http://www.youtube.c...&hl=en_US&rel=0

I stand corrected.

#1292 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:41 AM

Not sure if I see the point of paying for any widgets, the first thing I did when I got my phone was get rid of mine. Maybe I'm old school but less stuff covering my wallpaper the better. Fill me in on what am I missing out on that I can't just open an app for.

#1293 XClaude

XClaude

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

Not sure if I see the point of paying for any widgets, the first thing I did when I got my phone was get rid of mine. Maybe I'm old school but less stuff covering my wallpaper the better. Fill me in on what am I missing out on that I can't just open an app for.

It's not about the amount of widgets, but more about the customization level it provides. More importantly, it provides behavior to provide conveniences.

My lock screen is very simple. Just a very large clock display and the jellybean unlock icon.
However, I have full control of what happens in all 8 directions of the unlock icon. Swiping from the left edge of the screen instantly pulls out a list of favorite apps. I also have Missed it! running and i can place it anywhere i like on the screen. In fact, I can place any widget at any size anywhere on my lock screen.

The ability to set up your lock screen to look and behave just the way you want it. Like you are building Lego.

PS: check out Missed it!

EDIT: With Missed it! You can set it to be invisible if you have no notifications. When you do receive something, you can set it to show the counter and any text string you want. I.e. "1 text" "2 texts" "1 email"
Tapping on these notification labels will open directly to the app so you can view it.

#1294 Xealot42

Xealot42

Psi-Powered

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:05 AM

Man I need good apps like HD Widgets and Nova Launcher to go on sale..

I'm still bummed I missed the $0.25 Nova Launcher Prime sale last year. I feel like $4 is a bit steep for a phone app.

#1295 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

^^Yeah, custom lock screen would be nice, thanks for the info.

#1296 mbrown3

mbrown3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

It's the exact opposite for me. I don't WANT to have to open an app to get information like weather, texts, etc. I want to see them when I turn on my phone, and only open the ones for which I want more information. That's one of the main reasons I switched to Android from iPhone. 

#1297 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:41 PM

starting to hate my   kindle      google play has better sales and deals  ... its just too bad you can buy crap off  google play for  your kindle  without  jailbreaking it what i dont think i can (since it would void the warranty)

WOOOO I STINK

#1298 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:07 PM

starting to hate my   kindle      google play has better sales and deals  ... its just too bad you can buy crap off  google play for  your kindle  without  jailbreaking it what i dont think i can (since it would void the warranty)

I tried to warn you :rofl:

If they had sliced open my belly, my lunch would have spilled out, and I would've had to eat it all over again!

#1299 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:16 PM

I tried to warn you :rofl:

hell cant pass up on it though  it will get me though  thanksgiving and then  maybe pick up a  cheap one that  plays google play.

only paid 99 bucks for it new 

then again       i have  over 100 apps on it.   Only play it  once  ever 3 to 4 days.  It would have to be a hell of a deal for me to buy another one..

is  4.99 a good price to pay for  Kairosoft Co.,Ltd  games..i dont think they ever go on sale

thinking pocket stable 

WOOOO I STINK

#1300 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:20 PM

is 4.99 a good price to pay for Kairosoft Co.,Ltd games..i dont think they ever go on sale

thinking pocket stable

I've seen them on sale on Google Play and the iOS App Store, so I presume Amazon will have similar discounts (typically they drop to $0.99-$1.99).
If they had sliced open my belly, my lunch would have spilled out, and I would've had to eat it all over again!

#1301 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:15 PM

I've seen them on sale on Google Play and the iOS App Store, so I presume Amazon will have similar discounts (typically they drop to $0.99-$1.99).

do you remember the last time you seen them on sale cause i been looking the last 6 months and dont ever recall a time they were on sale

WOOOO I STINK

#1302 jimbofluffy

jimbofluffy

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:35 PM

hell cant pass up on it though  it will get me though  thanksgiving and then  maybe pick up a  cheap one that  plays google play.

then again       i have  over 100 apps on it.   Only play it  once  ever 3 to 4 days.  It would have to be a hell of a deal for me to buy another one..

is  4.99 a good price to pay for  Kairosoft Co.,Ltd  games..i dont think they ever go on sale

thinking pocket stable 

I think I got Dungeon Village for $.99 about a year back or so on Google Play.  I think it was their anniversary promotion or something.

ach.png

#1303 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:32 AM

thinking pocket stable 

Not worth that much to me. I thought Game Dev Story was OK, but it gets repetitive fast. I'd spend a $1 at most.

#1304 Tallkido

Tallkido

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:35 AM

my weekly budget is free on amazon today

Posted Image

#1305 dorkyden

dorkyden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:11 AM

i am not sure if this is a new thread worthy but kitkat and android are doing a cross promo. go find some specially marked kitkat's from target/safeways/walgreens or any other major retailers. enter the code at https://www.hersheys...kitkat/android/ for a chance to win a nexus 7, $5 google play credit, or a small bag of kitkat minis

chance to win is quite good. i bought 6, opened 3, and won 2x $5 and a big of mini kitkats. other people in SD are reporting a high winning chance. 

Join Perk and make easy Amazon credit 

Join Swagbucks and get up to $5 Amazon credit every 9 days! 

#1306 mbrown3

mbrown3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:18 AM

They do go on sale, but not super often. But yes, holy crap yes, most of them are absolutely worth it. My favorite is Grand Prix Story, but Game Dev Story is a must-have too. I'd start with either one of those and if you like them, any of the others are good. If not, you won't like any of the others anyway.

thinking pocket stable 

#1307 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:13 AM

Granny Smith is the Amazon app of the day and I am loving it.

#1308 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

They do go on sale, but not super often. But yes, holy crap yes, most of them are absolutely worth it. My favorite is Grand Prix Story, but Game Dev Story is a must-have too. I'd start with either one of those and if you like them, any of the others are good. If not, you won't like any of the others anyway.

yea  i got    game story (was going to get it on 3ds but heard it was awful and it was cheaper on the app)  paid 2.50 for it.

might wait around thanksgiving to see if any major sales...

WOOOO I STINK

#1309 Stimes

Stimes

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:32 PM

Might and Magic Clash of Heroes is on sale for $0.99
http://www.app-sales...ale.php?id=3220

#1310 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:27 PM

Google play only... Man wheres the link to submit this to amazon

WOOOO I STINK

#1311 Tallkido

Tallkido

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:10 PM

hd widgets is on sale for a dollar

https://play.google....oudtv.hdwidgets

Posted Image

#1312 XzMrHitDatHoezX

XzMrHitDatHoezX

Walking Nuke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

Can anyone recommend a good RPG similar to FF series ? And that's not too pricey
Posted Image

#1313 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

Can anyone recommend a good RPG similar to FF series ? And that's not too pricey

I haven't played it so I can't comment on its similarities to FF, but I've heard good things about Dragon Book Fantasy.

#1314 Rip44

Rip44

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:35 PM

Just putting this out there. Wordament is on Android now. Its free and has a few Xbox achievements.

#1315 HaloGX

HaloGX

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

Man, that's tempting if It weren't free with Xbox Gold right now.

#1316 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

Just putting this out there. Wordament is on Android now. Its free and has a few Xbox achievements.

Nice, wonder if it's a new list like (I already have two listing from the browser and windows 8 versions lol). Link for the lazy ;)

https://play.google....wordament&hl=en

#1317 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

I'm tempted on that M&M Clash of Heroes game. Is it a direct port of the DS Game? Pretty sure I got stuck near one of the end bosses on that one.

Don't really hav much time to play it either.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#1318 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

I'm tempted on that M&M Clash of Heroes game. Is it a direct port of the DS Game? Pretty sure I got stuck near one of the end bosses on that one.

Don't really hav much time to play it either.

I would just pay for 

https://play.google....u.drastic&hl=en

One of the best emulators out there 

NoQf2AF.jpg

#1319 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

I haven't played it so I can't comment on its similarities to FF, but I've heard good things about Dragon Book Fantasy.

i would  not care for this game at all on the  vita  for that price,  got it for 2.50 and i would say that  was a stretch.  The  chapters do not link together and very short  (less then 10 hours)  

WOOOO I STINK

#1320 mbrown3

mbrown3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

Symphony of the Origins.