Photo
- - - - -

Madden 13 Official CAG League - On Hiatus. See you in August for Madden 25!

• Please log in to reply
13923 replies to this topic

#13381 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:01 AM

I can confirm the veracity of Doom's statement. I've eaten Foster for breakfast on several occasions. Tastes delicious. :D

33126.png

#13382 siradam134

siradam134

rawr. 'nuff said

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:04 AM

It wasn't meant as an insult, doom. Simply an observation on my part. Sorry our opinions differ.
Posted Image

#13383 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:07 AM

I think we can all agree on this: Being good at defense in Madden is significantly more difficult than being good at offense (and by "good at offense" I simply mean putting up a lot of yards and points). The problem is, as Doom points out, that many people just view defense as "that unfortunate time between instances of me having the ball" and put no work into it. There is no doubt that is a huge contributing factor in some of the outrageous offensive stats.

33126.png

#13384 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:08 AM

No offense taken Fero, just stating what I thought about the inflated numbers. It's definitely a problem, but some guys just need to work on pre-snap adjustments. It makes a world of difference.

Changing the audible/presnap controls to the Madden 10 style makes it so much easier(at least for me)

CAGFL: (187-31)

Doomtime1.png

#13385 Doomtime

Doomtime

Victor von Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:23 AM

I think we can all agree on this: Being good at defense in Madden is significantly more difficult than being good at offense (and by "good at offense" I simply mean putting up a lot of yards and points). The problem is, as Doom points out, that many people just view defense as "that unfortunate time between instances of me having the ball" and put no work into it. There is no doubt that is a huge contributing factor in some of the outrageous offensive stats.

Absolutely. It really wouldn't take much to go from terrible to decent once we get more guys understand how the defensive adjustments work.

CAGFL: (187-31)

Doomtime1.png

#13386 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:33 AM

I think the biggest adjustment people could make to see immediate improvement defending the run is understanding the right and wrong way to counter it while usering a defender. With very few exceptions, your defender is never going to be faster than the guy he's chasing, so simply chasing him makes no sense. Nor does constantly trying to crash the backfield and meet him head on. I find the best defensive players in this league (and I'd certainly include myself in that group) are the ones who understand the value of lateral movement on defense and, most importantly, on forcing running backs out of their pre-determined running lanes. Everyone loves the feeling of gambling and blowing up a run in the backfield, but keeping guys to only 2 or 3 yards consistently is much more beneficial in the long haul.

33126.png

#13387 Mog3526

Mog3526

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:35 AM

I'm not saying doom is wrong but to do presnap adjustment in madden 13 is hard to do for the simple factthat sometimes audibles get jammed when trying to change them and if the offensive team snaps it uts you at a disadvantage. So keeping straight up is best. But there are a lot of running plays that take advantage of the ai like those counters that everyone is now running and also read options only way to stop it is to just blitz everyone which is unrealistic in my opinion. I run power or obvious stretch to keep it fair. But since taken advantage of ai is allowed I have been trying to implement more of those plays. Just saying

#13388 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:37 AM

I don't think Doom is talking about switching to completely new plays via audible. But things as simple as changing the rush pattern of defensive ends makes a huge difference against the run, is easy to do, and yet is something almost no one does.

33126.png

#13389 BSETI50

BSETI50

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:00 AM

A lot of people in this league just dont adjust to anything. They run a defense, it doesnt work they get torched, yet they continue to run that defense. Thats worse cheesing in my mind than running a play, having it work then running it again.

Bengals packers tonigh at 7pm hopefully earlier...

#13390 BSETI50

BSETI50

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:58 AM

Defensive tip of the day... zone sucks against the run, so dont run it on first down, especially against someone who runs for 200yds a game

#13391 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

I sprained my thumb at softball yesterday, haven't tried to pick up a controller yet but I might be on the Madden DL for a bit. I'll see how it goes later.

33126.png

#13392 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

Remaining Games:

Rams-49ers
Chiefs-Chargers
Bengals-Packers (tonight at 7)

33126.png

#13393 Tanabeo

Tanabeo

Houston Mountaineers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 02:49 PM

My tip against the run that works for me is to spread your LBs and as besti said don't call a zone

#13394 Mr Grand Cru

Mr Grand Cru

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

What time are we advancing I'm going to play my game around 7:45 when I get home from work?

#13395 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

Remaining Games:

Rams-49ers
Chiefs-Chargers
Bengals-Packers (tonight at 7)

I'm trying to scheduled with the Chargers for tonight at 6:15. I dropped the ball on this as he PM'd me saying he was free all day yesterday. Sorry guys.
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#13396 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 06:00 PM

Bengals packers tonigh at 7pm hopefully earlier...

Please text me once you figure out for sure.

#13397 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:27 PM

Chiefs vs Chargers at 6:15

#13398 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:52 PM

Bucs VS Saints probably sometime after advance. Another big NFC South game.

#13399 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

Waited 20 minutes but Chargers never showed. I don't care enough to wait around any longer, just sim it.
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#13400 Tanabeo

Tanabeo

Houston Mountaineers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:05 PM

Waited 20 minutes but Chargers never showed. I don't care enough to wait around any longer, just sim it.

I just got online and he is on madden

#13401 XpG CheesyMan

XpG CheesyMan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:14 PM

My bad, the xbox message you sent me staticz said 6:15 <cst> not est.... the message just saw on here did say est though. Sim dat biznatch! :whee:

#13402 siradam134

siradam134

rawr. 'nuff said

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 April 2013 - 11:49 PM

What time are we advancing I'm going to play my game around 7:45 when I get home from work?

We're only waiting on you to play your game against the cpu.........
Posted Image

#13403 staticz

staticz

FortySixin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:37 AM

My bad, the xbox message you sent me staticz said 6:15 <cst> not est.... the message just saw on here did say est though. Sim dat biznatch! :whee:

did I say CST? Sorry man, I give up
XBL - staticzV2
Steam - stat1cz

#13404 siradam134

siradam134

rawr. 'nuff said

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:16 AM

Alright Cru. It's 9:15. I gave you an hour and a 1/2 to get this game played.

I'm going to advance. You're not online on xbox.....so.

Once again. Sorry in advance.

P.s. you won 34-13.

Edited by siradam134, 09 April 2013 - 01:27 AM.

Posted Image

#13405 Man2008

Man2008

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:32 AM

Does anyone know the Vikings owner

#13406 Hemingway012

Hemingway012

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:06 AM

The Bucs come into this game and just took control from the kickoff. Bucs did everything right on D and OFF.

Bucs 42
Saints 14

Probably Freemans best game all season 9-13 Comp 126 yards adding 3 TD and no INT
Smith with another big game. with 149 yards on the ground and 1 TD
Walker 42 yards also ending up with 2 TD
Stroud with a 81 yards PR
Bass 3 INT while Watson had 1 INT as well, Ramos also returned a Fumble for a TD

Brees 163 yards 2 TD 4 INT
Saints couldnt get anything going on the ground with only 41 yards total
Colston was the main target with 77 yards and 2 TD

While the Bucs seem to be on fire in this game the Saints couldnt get anything going. Madden deff wasnt helping with some bad over throws by Brees some fumbles and so on. Can't wait for our next game this season. GG Neworlbush.

#13407 Deuce20602

Deuce20602

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:24 AM

after starting the season 0-5, the Texans have won two consecutive games... both of which were division games. it would seem as if Jim Brown has found a winning formula and yes, it does involve Arian Foster!

#13408 Og whitewidow

Og whitewidow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:17 PM

I absolutely love how Fero only posts game summaries on here after he gets a win..when he gets beat nothing...also i was not going to post this before, but after reading your write about about our last game, i feel the need! As a commissioner you shouldn't act pissy when you lose/are losing. Two games ago i played Fero, was up in the third, Fero turned the ball over and started running the most ridiculous defenses. Clear running play, and he was running 3 deep zone with three D-tackles (constantly) in what i determined to be a "temper tantrum", also, he was letting the clock tick, and was taking flags for not getting snaps off. It was the most pathetic thing i have ever seen in this league...this went on for more than one qtr. Idk about everyone else in here but when this was going on, i was disgusted at what i was seeing. If you are going to waste someones time..you can tell them up front, so the game can be simmed.

#13409 Og whitewidow

Og whitewidow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

Just in case there's ANY Confusion about this....

3 minutes left in the 2nd quarter, only down 7-0, 4th and 2.

NO, you may NOT go for 4th down and try to score a touchdown.

Kick the field Goal and move on.

Driving 85 yards for 3 points is heartbreaking..you should be able to go for whatever you want in that situation..many NFL coaches would have gone for that..considering how the first half was working out for me. Also, it was about one minute flat left on the clock!
-Pats vs Bills going down around 5 pm EST.

#13410 bvharris

bvharris

the black wind howls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:35 PM

I absolutely love how Fero only posts game summaries on here after he gets a win..when he gets beat nothing...

I usually only post full summaries when I win, do you have a problem with that too? Most people don't feel like writing 1000 words after a loss.

As for him being pissy when losing, I've seen much much worse than what you're describing. I feel confident in saying that nobody in this league likes losing games, and some handle it better than others. Could fero handle it better? Yes, and he can confirm that I've told him as much on several occasions. But calling prevent defense out of frustration really isn't the end of the world. Sounds like he's basically conceding 1st downs at that point... So take them, run the clock, and move on.

33126.png