Photo
- - - - -

[NOT DEAD] Hyrule Historia [Art Book] - $19.24/CE (Limited to 4,000) (Jan 2013)

• Please log in to reply
2575 replies to this topic

#1381 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

Spoiler

And they're right at home together. :D
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#1382 RabbitSuit

RabbitSuit

CAG Newbie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:50 AM

Went into my local comic book shop earlier today and they were selling the limited edition for 235USD.

Really glad I made my order when they popped up. Might have to do this more, but I hope this doesn't become a habit.

Yes! I am in a signature! :applause:

#1383 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:50 AM

Spoiler

All sealed? Wow! I would be tempted to open each and every one of them. You probably have a 2nd set opened or something. Hehe!

#1384 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

Heads up, my book came from Lexington, as well, and like I've posted earlier, it was damaged and in a box far too large for it (with no padding, to boot). Looks like it's a crapshoot.

:( that's a bummer. I'll update in the morning when I get it.

#1385 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:56 AM

Spoiler

Beautiful! I plan to get the rest of the guides eventually.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#1386 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:08 AM

All sealed? Wow! I would be tempted to open each and every one of them. You probably have a 2nd set opened or something. Hehe!

I have some of the paperback guides, but I don't really use them, so no need to open them. I really want to open the regular edition of Hyrule Historia, but, then again, I don't... Decisions, decisions... :D

Beautiful! I plan to get the rest of the guides eventually.

I'm sad they didn't make a hardcover OoT3D guide. Dunno if it's because it's a remake and they didn't think it'd sell or if the hardcover guides just weren't selling enough.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#1387 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

I don't know why, but just the idea of collecting sealed things just rubs me the wrong way. I have 900+ games, not to mention the blu rays, artbooks, oh Jesus lol... The point is, though, how the hell can I enjoy any of my things if they are sealed? My stuff is all mint as can be, but no one gets to enjoy sealed things. I could buy regular editions of everything, but then I never get to see any of my CE stuff, and I would spend a fucking fortune on top of what I already spend. Do people that do that collect just for the sake of selling? Because I can't really imagine any other thing a sealed collection is good for, really.

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

My Collection: https://docs.google....hvRG9LMlE#gid=0

#1388 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:22 AM

I don't know why, but just the idea of collecting sealed things just rubs me the wrong way. I have 900+ games, not to mention the blu rays, artbooks, oh Jesus lol... The point is, though, how the hell can I enjoy any of my things if they are sealed? My stuff is all mint as can be, but no one gets to enjoy sealed things. I could buy regular editions of everything, but then I never get to see any of my CE stuff, and I would spend a fucking fortune on top of what I already spend. Do people that do that collect just for the sake of selling? Because I can't really imagine any other thing a sealed collection is good for, really.

For me, I buy double of what I like. One for keeps to open and one for minty collection in a long run.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#1389 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

Why do you even care, it's even not your money people are spending.

#1390 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:47 AM

Why do you even care, it's even not your money people are spending.

I just don't get it. People fly the fact that they do it like a flag, and it just makes me ponder if they have extra chromosomes lol. This is a forum. It's kind of the perfect place to discuss things of this ilk. :3

Check out my youtube channel! I do video game collection updates, unboxings, final impressions, and intelligent game industry commentary.  Expect lots of collector's editions, as well as steelbooks from all over the world! :D

http://www.youtube.c...77?feature=mhee Twitter: https://twitter.com/Helldestroyer77

#1391 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:48 AM

Went into my local comic book shop earlier today and they were selling the limited edition for 235USD.

Really glad I made my order when they popped up. Might have to do this more, but I hope this doesn't become a habit.

can't they get in trouble with Dark Horse and/or Nintendo?

#1392 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:50 AM

Spoiler

Damn I'm not much of a collector but seeing all that together makes me jelly :drool:

Now playing:

:ps4: inFAMOUS: Second Son
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: The Walking Dead Season Two: Episode 3

#1393 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:51 AM

People fly the fact that they do it like a flag[...]

For the record, I wasn't the one who brought up the fact that they were all sealed.

#1394 Zaku77

Zaku77

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:53 AM

For the record, I wasn't the one who brought up the fact that they were all sealed.

I did bring this up because of you, but I just see a lot of people on here that do it. It was more a general commentary than directed specifically at you.

#1395 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:36 AM

both my replacement copies(zelda and sonic) shipped from Tennessee

#1396 RainFall

RainFall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:43 AM

The Blacks Ops guy is the most rational of the bunch. He paid for a privilege to play something fun in advance. Most collectors are vapid suckers for capitalist progranda.

#1397 Siye

Siye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

Sorry, but I don't feel like going through all these pages...

Does anyone know how long preorders were open for? Was it a small window?

Thanks

#1398 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

I have some of the paperback guides, but I don't really use them, so no need to open them. I really want to open the regular edition of Hyrule Historia, but, then again, I don't... Decisions, decisions... :D

I'm sad they didn't make a hardcover OoT3D guide. Dunno if it's because it's a remake and they didn't think it'd sell or if the hardcover guides just weren't selling enough.

with how cheap regular edition is right now id buy a 2nd copy for reading esp if you were lucky enough to get one in good shape

#1399 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

The Blacks Ops guy is the most rational of the bunch. He paid for a privilege to play something fun in advance. Most collectors are vapid suckers for capitalist progranda.

You might be the ultimate troll... how many copies of Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition have you tried to snake off of other CAG users all while trying to resell yours at an exorbitant profit?

The reason why I collect sealed things?

Because I can....

#1400 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

The premise of collecting anything new is pretty ridiculous if you break it down and think about it logically. You are essentially paying for something that you look at sitting on a shelf, in a room, or in part of a collection. It doesn't just have to be video games it can be anything. Baseball cards, bottles, stamps, whatever.

It's there for you to look at and admire, it gives you nothing of entertainment value in return. Then when you are on your deathbed you probably ask yourself what the hell it was all for.

With all that said, people just like collecting things. It is in their nature. I know it is totally stupid and illogical, but I get some sort of satisfaction out of it anyway. I know I could sell the stuff, make extra money(ie to someone who will actually play it and use it for their enjoyment). I do it sometimes despite me knowing all that, and whatever people want to spend their money on is their business.

#1401 panzerjedi

panzerjedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

A preorder for the Limited Edition is up on Amazon.de. The book is in English.

#1402 smellmybutt

smellmybutt

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

Pre ordered, thanks! Navigating the site in German was fun.

#1403 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

This is from a different allotment then the 4,000 the U.S. was seeing?

Is there any difference between the books?

Lastly how confident are you that they will receive these? I know people have mentioned that the foreign Amazon sites aren't very good at monitoring inventory and the fact that you can add 20+ to your cart doesn't bode well if these are limited over there too

#1404 smellmybutt

smellmybutt

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

No idea on any of those questions, but the release date on the site says February 12th and is a pre order, so I figure I'll give it a shot. If I get it, great, I paid around MSRP for it ($77), if I don't, I'm not too worried. Plus I can cancel anytime.

Should still be the same LE that released in the states, the cover of the book is the same and the price converts to around the same price here as well.

#1405 themidnighter23

themidnighter23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

that is one shitty comic shop for gouging the customer
where's my whiskey, Im bout to get tore up

#1406 cjenvy

cjenvy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

and of course my replacements which were due today dont appear to even be close to me sigh looks like im waiting till monday

#1407 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:33 PM

Yeah exactly. They are collecting for the investment. I guarentee they plan on selling those books in the future. Or else, like you said, makes no sense to have it sealed.

I almost buy doubles of all the super, rare collectible stuff. I have 3 Limited Edition Hyrule books. One sealed on display. One opened to handle and look at. And the third is coming from TFAW which when I preordered, wasn't sure if I would get it or not. So now I'm stuck with 3 LE books! The third one is my investment I suppose... I also have 2 Dead Space 3 Dev kits coming my way. One to collect and keep sealed to one day sell off and make a nice return on, one for opening and enjoying and looking at all the goodies.

I hate the act of flipping so much, but now that I think about it, flipping is just a short term investment. As long as you don't horde and buy 20 copies of something where pthers get screwed out of the product. It's no different than those people who bought star wars figures in the 70's or 80's, kept them sealed and sold them on ebay for 20 thousand bucks.

I'm rambling...

#1408 SKEETER

SKEETER

YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

If you're not prime and chose FSSS, you are allowing them to take their time, and they didn't really have to do anything. All the prime and expedited orders get pushed in front of yours regardless of when they ordered. Frontline rep was just trying to stick to their policies, but backend just wants to grease the squeaky wheel.

They didn't take their time taking my money, so they shouldn't take their time to ship! What pissed me off was that some people (including my friend) bought the book this week using FSSS and already got shipment notices. Meanwhile, my 5 month old pre-order was still unprocessed?! That, and the fact that they charged me days before but they are only supposed to charge you when they actually SHIP!

Any other time I've ordered something using FSSS, it arrived the same week. This is the first time I've ever PRE-ordered anything with Amazon and I won't be doing this again anytime soon if this is the treatment we get for doing so.

Wii U ID: SKEETER
3DS Friend Code: 2707-1609-8783 (don't forget to PM me to add you too!)

laytonobj50%

#1409 EdgeCrusher36

EdgeCrusher36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

Yeah exactly. They are collecting for the investment. I guarentee they plan on selling those books in the future. Or else, like you said, makes no sense to have it sealed.

I almost buy doubles of all the super, rare collectible stuff. I have 3 Limited Edition Hyrule books. One sealed on display. One opened to handle and look at. And the third is coming from TFAW which when I preordered, wasn't sure if I would get it or not. So now I'm stuck with 3 LE books! The third one is my investment I suppose... I also have 2 Dead Space 3 Dev kits coming my way. One to collect and keep sealed to one day sell off and make a nice return on, one for opening and enjoying and looking at all the goodies.

I hate the act of flipping so much, but now that I think about it, flipping is just a short term investment. As long as you don't horde and buy 20 copies of something where pthers get screwed out of the product. It's no different than those people who bought star wars figures in the 70's or 80's, kept them sealed and sold them on ebay for 20 thousand bucks.

I'm rambling...

Mine has nothing to do with "investment" at all. Ever since I was a little kid, I always wanted doubles of all happy meal toys and anything like that, one to play with, one to keep sealed up. I still have all of those in storage. Call it OCD or whatever, hording, but I enjoy having a copy of something I enjoy sealed so I know I have it. And even stuff I open I want to keep everything with it, including slipcovers, inserts, any kind of outside cards/graphic outsert things on blu rays etc. I just must have complete items at all time or it drives me nuts.

In fact, when people on here try to pull the "oh people only do that to sell it later" comment is kind of a pet peeve/trigger point for me to get irritated cause that is the last thing on my mind.

#1410 Woocls

Woocls

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

:( that's a bummer. I'll update in the morning when I get it.

Sigh... both corners on the opening side are dinged up. It was in a box that fit it length and width but was too deep. and they stuffed in air bags to hold it in place. So of course it's been bouncing around inside that box since it left the warehouse. I'm actually impressed it wasn't in worse shape. But since I plan to read it cover to cover I can't imagine I'll keep it in perfect shape. So i'm not going to bother trying to get a new one.

Mine has nothing to do with "investment" at all. Ever since I was a little kid, I always wanted doubles of all happy meal toys and anything like that, one to play with, one to keep sealed up. I still have all of those in storage. Call it OCD or whatever, hording, but I enjoy having a copy of something I enjoy sealed so I know I have it. And even stuff I open I want to keep everything with it, including slipcovers, inserts, any kind of outside cards/graphic outsert things on blu rays etc. I just must have complete items at all time or it drives me nuts.

In fact, when people on here try to pull the "oh people only do that to sell it later" comment is kind of a pet peeve/trigger point for me to get irritated cause that is the last thing on my mind.

See, I was like you with my McDonald's toys. I wanted multiples of all of them because I had a knack for breaking them. So it was nice to have extras. I've still got tins at my parent's house full of the things.