The Humble Double Fine Bundle has ended

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
220 replies to this topic

#121 hostyl1

hostyl1

Can do this all day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:19 PM

My prediction for the bonus game(s) to be revealed in a week: The below average content from the Amnesia Fortnight bundle.

My prediction for the reaction to this revelation: Disappointment.

lSPNQ82Sq4E
Posted Image

#122 squishface

squishface

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

so I beat the average and get brutal legend and the soundtrack with steam keys ?
"I do whatever my Rice Krispies tell me to!"

#123 cheapo72

cheapo72

Run, you pigeons!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:47 PM

Personally I don't even consider EFF a charity. It's more like a political action committee/special interest group. They might have commendable goals but it isn't as if they're feeding starving kids in Africa. Child's Play is nice but I believe I've read where the Penny Arcade guys pay themselves six figure salaries to head the charity. Funny stuff.

This is why I'm grateful for the "Humble Sliders" compared to a forced allocation by something like IGS. The ability to not give money to either of those groups makes purchases less of a dilemma for me.

This may be a weird/selfish question but does anyone know if the charitable donations for the Humble Bundle are tax-deductible?

Generally, in the US, you can only deduct the amount that exceeds the fair market value of the merchandise or services received. MSRP for these games being over $100 (according to HB), you'd have to donate more than that only to be able to deduct the difference.

I doubt that Humble Bundle, Inc. is itself a non-profit entity. Your donations may be promised to a third-party charity, but it is Humble Bundle which gets to do the deducting.

#124 Mooby

Mooby

Herp Derp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

You really do hate everything, don't you?

Just stuff that is hate-worthy.

#125 vickers500

vickers500

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:24 PM

Didn't have a single one of these games (and have never bought a humble bundle before), so I decided to throw in a buck to get Stacking, Psychonauts and Costume Quest. I probably wont beat any of them or even play them very much, but I've been interested in at least trying Psychonauts and Stacking, and there are many reasons I can justify spending a dollar on them (gives money to charity, support a company who makes unique games, it's only a dollar, I've made dumber purchases like spending money on android games).

But there is a chance that I might like one of the games as well. Wish I had paid more attention to the humble bundle a while back when the THQ bundle was going on.

#126 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

Posted Image

I dream in yellow comic sans.

It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets Bad Rats again.

♥·.·´¯`·.·♥ Le Mew - Le Purrrrr ♥·.·´¯`·.·♥
Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

Don't you be messin' with asheskitty. That girl be from the STREETS, yo.

#127 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:04 PM

Posted Image

really on a meme roll today I see;)

76561198022997080.pngA_Different_Nate.png

#128 Kuma

Kuma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:07 PM

Didn't have a single one of these games (and have never bought a humble bundle before), so I decided to throw in a buck to get Stacking, Psychonauts and Costume Quest. I probably wont beat any of them or even play them very much, but I've been interested in at least trying Psychonauts and Stacking, and there are many reasons I can justify spending a dollar on them (gives money to charity, support a company who makes unique games, it's only a dollar, I've made dumber purchases like spending money on android games).

But there is a chance that I might like one of the games as well. Wish I had paid more attention to the humble bundle a while back when the THQ bundle was going on.

Psychonauts will change your life

#129 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:12 PM

Psychonauts will change your life

it really is an excellent game, one of if not my favorite games for the original xbox. That said, a few of the levels could definitely have been better put together. Fantastic experience overall, but has all the typical Double Fine "charm and humor before gameplay" you'd expect.

#130 MiraiLink

MiraiLink

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:25 PM

Thanks to Bing searches and Amazon payments, I was able to get this with my gc. Sweet!
Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock n' Roll. - Shigeru Miyamoto

#131 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:34 PM

Thanks to Bing searches and Amazon payments, I was able to get this with my gc. Sweet!

since when can you use amazon GCs for Amazon Payments?:-?

never worked for me

#132 ZiggyGod

ZiggyGod

Aspiring Hero

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 03:26 AM

never worked for me

You can do this!?!? If so tell me how! Plz :)
Visualize my mind... :whee:
:3ds: Friend Code: 4811-6958-3162 Ziggy
618684.png

#133 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:19 AM

really on a meme roll today I see;)

Yeah, I don't know what's wrong with me today... ooh, maybe the meds are wearing off. :rofl:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Price Trackers --- Enhanced Steam --- SteamGameSales --- IsThereAnyDeal --- CamelCamelCamel Amazon $5 off w/EC List

#134 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:23 AM

never worked for me

You can do this!?!? If so tell me how! Plz :)

Can't you just transfer your Amazon Payments balance to your bank account and use it as cash? That's what I always do.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#135 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:37 AM

Can't you just transfer your Amazon Payments balance to your bank account and use it as cash? That's what I always do.

I'm clearly missing something here.

#136 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:44 AM

I'm clearly missing something here.

I just checked my account (hadn't in a long time) and along with the option to withdraw money to my bank account I see they added a new option to buy an Amazon GC directly. Do you not have that option?

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#137 georgebot84

georgebot84

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:54 AM

So, no way to use a gc then? Or is my brain too tired?

#138 M3wThr33

M3wThr33

Batman with a gun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:24 AM

If it wasn't for the pre-order or the $70 shirts, BTA would be like $1.50. Brutal Legend is worth about 99 cents, according to eBay.

#139 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:31 AM

So, no way to use a gc then? Or is my brain too tired?

Ah, I misunderstood the question, my bad guys. No, there is no way to convert Amazon GC into Amazon Payments that I am aware of.

#140 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:32 AM

Silly spoderfox

#141 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Slut Shamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:37 AM

Silly spoderfox

Sorry, they recently replaced my brain with that of an idiot :)

#142 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:46 AM

I only Bought that THQ humble Bundle from them. .So im new to this Humble bundle thing. Im interested buying this bundle.Anyway I wanted to ask. Are they going to add more games to the bundle by the next week. Should i wait until next week to buy Humble Bundle. im Not going for the Brutal Legend anyway. Dont want to buy twice if they added more games :D

#143 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

Silly spoderfox

Nothing like the original.

Sorry, they recently replaced my brain with that of an idiot :)

Recycle. Reduce. Reuse.

I only Bought that THQ humble Bundle from them. .So im new to this Humble bundle thing. Im interested buying this bundle.Anyway I wanted to ask. Are they going to add more games to the bundle by the next week. Should i wait until next week to buy Humble Bundle. im Not going for the Brutal Legend anyway. Dont want to buy twice if they added more games :D

No, if you're not going to BTA, then you should toss in $1 soon. Bonus are free to those who bought before they were added, but if you buy after they are added you have to beat the (usually higher) BTA.

#144 RainFall

RainFall

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:03 AM

If you buy the $1 bundle and they add new games to the BTA, you get all new games they later add to the BTA(At least you did as of 1-2 bundles ago).

#145 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:02 AM

No, if you're not going to BTA, then you should toss in $1 soon. Bonus are free to those who bought before they were added, but if you buy after they are added you have to beat the (usually higher) BTA.

If you buy the $1 bundle and they add new games to the BTA, you get all new games they later add to the BTA(At least you did as of 1-2 bundles ago).

WOW, thanks guys. Im gonna buy it ryt now. After seeing yours posts , I registered to Humble bundle website. First time, when im buying THQ bundle i never signed up. After I signed up ,I got a msg saying i can claim my previous bought Humble bundle games to my account. After i claimed it, I got Redfaction path to war DLC & Titan Quest,Warhammer 40000 Dawn of war. I never claimed those until now. I didnt know that they added those games with the THQ bundle. thanks guys. Sorry about my English lol

#146 asheskitty

asheskitty

Friend of NakedBladeEyes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:23 AM

WOW, thanks guys. Im gonna buy it ryt now. After seeing yours posts , I registered to Humble bundle website. First time, when im buying THQ bundle i never signed up. After I signed up ,I got a msg saying i can claim my previous bought Humble bundle games to my account. After i claimed it, I got Redfaction path to war DLC & Titan Quest,Warhammer 40000 Dawn of war. I never claimed those until now. I didnt know that they added those games with the THQ bundle. thanks guys. Sorry about my English lol

I rarely have any problem understanding your English. ^_^

#147 heroes159

heroes159

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

I rarely have any problem understanding your English. ^_^

hehe, good to know that :D I always take few minutes & read my comment few times & try to fix Grammar mistakes & Spelling Mistakes before i post a comment. :lol: Maybe i worry too much about English lol.

#148 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:38 PM

woo
WOOOO I STINK

#149 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

Looks like it's going to stay ~$7.90 until (or unless) a BTA bonus is announced.

Selling Steam key: Pixeljunk Eden (Cards) $0.74

I'm also taking reservations for my Indie Gala August group buy! Please PM me if you're interested. :)

#150 blindinglights

blindinglights

Posted 09 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

Went in for $1 since I missed the previous bundle that had Psychonauts, but I couldn't justify $8 just for Brutal Legend.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.