Photo
* * * * * 6 votes

Anime & Manga Thread Vol. 2: Za Warudo!!!

• Please log in to reply
3075 replies to this topic

#2041 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:59 AM

IMO, the only English VA Sakura should have is Kari Wahlgren.

#2042 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:01 AM

I figured and felt that that was fairly obvious.
I'm not changing my signature until Busou Renkin, and Trizenon get licensed.
FC: Pokemon Pearl - 1160-6253-4611
Posted Image

#2043 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:11 AM

So, I am reading through the cast list on Stratos 4 and am surprised how many of the English VAs are successful singers and have been in big name TV shows and movies.

So why is it the dub is so generic-sounding?

#2044 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:13 AM

Not feeling Attack on Titan at all =[

way too dramatic

UjCoyFa.png

#2045 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:43 AM

Not feeling Attack on Titan at all =[

way too dramatic

Posted Image

#2046 3GSid

3GSid

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:25 AM

I have been trying to get through my unwatched backlog. I finished up Ouran Host Club and am currently watching Stratos 4. Still have Gravion, Baka & Test, Sailor Moon S, Angel Beats, Naruto Shippuden 12-14, Persona 4, Infinite Statos, Clannad, Demon King Daimao, Tiger & Bunny, and Birdy the Mighty: Decode. Probably forgetting a bunch. That isn't counting series I have that I haven't watched in a long time. I haven't watched Escaflowne or Fruits Basket in almost a decade.

Also getting back into Shonen Jump since the last issue I read was back in December.

I feel ya on the backlog bud. Buy so much, just to have it sit. Will tackle through it sooner or later though haha.

My Completed Anime List

http://myanimelist.n...tatus=2&order=4                      

Want 20% off brand new games? I can help you! Check my thread for details!

http://www.cheapassg...ion-animemanga/

#2047 GogetaSS4

GogetaSS4

Super Saiyan 4

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:34 AM

I don't know why there's so much hate for Attack on Titans, I freakin love it.

GogetaSS4sig-v2.gifApostleOfGod.png

#2048 Rogueleader17

Rogueleader17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

I am enjoying it too.

tachikoma_02.gif"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."

#2049 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:49 PM

Anime North time tomorrow, cannot wait. Will hopefully be coming back with a lot of new manga and anime :D

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#2050 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:34 PM

I just think that episode 7 of Attack on Titan will be one of those polarizing moments where people will decide whether they want to keep watching the show or not. I can easily see where both sides would be coming from.

I can also see why people might lose interest early on. The show really needs to give its viewers a strong sense of how futile and desperate humanity's struggle is in order for the show to work. Instead of your normal 1-3 episodes of "Everything is hopeless," they're getting 6 (and at this point may be assuming it will never end).

I have to confess though, if not for this thread (and the short window in which the bulk of the manga series was around $6/each) I'd have completely ignored this series. For now, I'm glad that I didn't.

#2051 panzerfaust

panzerfaust

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

I was polarized in the opening minutes of episode 1, and set it down for good after episode 2. I hear the manga is great, though.

Gonna try out Yahari instead. Hearing good things.

UjCoyFa.png

#2052 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:34 AM

IMO, the only English VA Sakura should have is Kari Wahlgren.

To an extent, I agree with you, she did a really good job, and she even imitated Tange's "HOÉ"'s very well, while sort of making it her own. I say to an extent, because no matter how good she was, she still sounded off for some reason. (I know that spelling was weird, but that was the only way I could spell HOÉ WITH the accentuation on the Ay/long e sound (depending on what you think the sound was)). I take it back, the dub was good, the only voice I questioned was Mona Marshall as Sjaoran. It's not that she's a bad voice actor, because she's not. And it's not that she can't voice boys, because she can. It's that it sounded weird to have two girls talking to each other about love, in this case. That's why I hope if someone dubs CCS they get a boy to do the voice (like hiro in fruits basket), instead of a girl, so they sound like an honest to goodness boy, or they get Sarah Strange. I'd be okay with that.
Posted Image

#2053 Razzuel

Razzuel

People are idiots.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:31 AM

So, I am reading through the cast list on Stratos 4 and am surprised how many of the English VAs are successful singers and have been in big name TV shows and movies.

So why is it the dub is so generic-sounding?

Stratos 4 has excellent casting — all of the voices feel like they match their characters — but the voice actors were poorly directed, which is why it has that mediocre aura. I still loved the English dub though, despite that.

#2054 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:37 AM

I think one of the reasons why some people have been hating on it is due to some places getting unfinished versions of the episodes. Certain stations in japan air it earlier and the studio gives them an incomplete version due to time constraints.

The schedule the 2 simulcasts having been airing lately. It seems like Funimation has been getting the complete version(they've delayed it a couple times due to materials), while Crunchyroll is airing the unfinished version.

#2055 GogetaSS4

GogetaSS4

Super Saiyan 4

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:23 AM

I think one of the reasons why some people have been hating on it is due to some places getting unfinished versions of the episodes. Certain stations in japan air it earlier and the studio gives them an incomplete version due to time constraints.

The schedule the 2 simulcasts having been airing lately. It seems like Funimation has been getting the complete version(they've delayed it a couple times due to materials), while Crunchyroll is airing the unfinished version.

Oh really Tangy I didn't know this.

GogetaSS4sig-v2.gifApostleOfGod.png

#2056 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:22 PM

Need some advice. I have some CDJapan points about to expire, so I need to use them. Was going to get a Nanoha figure or a Gundam model, but shipping would be higher than the actual item. Is there any promo code that I can use to reduce shipping or something cheap enough that it wouldn't matter?

#2057 PimpLimp

PimpLimp

Pimpin Aint Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:30 AM

Sword Art Online is coming to Toonami in August

#2058 moon_knight

moon_knight

Gotta Have Blue Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

Sword Art Online looks pretty bad to me, but I guess I'll check it out then.

#2059 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:49 PM

Sword Art Online looks pretty bad to me, but I guess I'll check it out then.

If anything, at least it's something new that isn't licensed by Funimation. As this might mean there's a chance stuff from other publishers have a chance of getting on there.

#2060 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

I wish they would put Buso Renkin on there.
Posted Image

#2061 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

I wish they would put Buso Renkin on there.

Assuming they remember it exists.

A little surprised they haven't gone after Tiger & Bunny.

Then again, Viz may want to save all their stuff for Neon Alley.

#2062 the_punisher

the_punisher

Dare enter the metro.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:39 AM

Attack on Titan isn't bad by any means, but definitely has been dragging on a little too much and has seemed completely hopeless for a long time.

Spoilers:
Spoiler

I'll keep watching it cuz it still keeps my interest, but definitely not as good as it was hyped up to be. The last few seasons of shows have been mostly crap.

Unrelated, I started watching Last Exile. More than halfway through it right now and LOVING IT. Characters, world, everything about it is top-notch even though it's slightly dated (2004 I think). Highly recommended. I see a spiritual successor is airing right now, not exactly sure what that's about but seems similar to Eureka Seven vs. ES AO.

Money comes and goes, but deals don't last forever ;)

If anime was mainstream, would it be as satisfying?

#2063 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:44 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2064 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:40 AM

I was suggested that I post this in another thread I had started.... Anyhow, sometime in the mid 2000s my wife and I decided we should watch/collect Amine so we did just that.... The collect part, not so much the watch part. I have three boxes of anime. Some of its sealed but most of its not sealed... but pretty much all of its not been watched. It is all on DVD. (Original DVDs)

Anyhow, its been taking up space for too long... and its time to move it out.

So, besides asking you all is their any resources I can look at to figure out fair market value for this stuff?

Trade Thread Link (Note: I'm more than willing to look at trade lists...)

Trade List
Spoiler

Anyhow, thank you all for your time and responses. :)

#2065 Kuroi Kaze

Kuroi Kaze

Yes, I toss douches.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

Your wife had you collect Mezzo Forte and Ikki Tousen? Nice lady. :)

sig.gif
Sekai wa hiroi yo!

#2066 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:28 PM

Your wife had you collect Mezzo Forte and Ikki Tousen? Nice lady. :)

It was our collection... So some of it is probably a bit more aimed at me. ;)

Out of curiosity, can anyone give me a rough estimate what my R.O.D. TV collector box + Vol 1 would be worth out in the wild...? I had someone ask about it but I'm seeing 20 in trade from Amazon and someone trying to get 69 dollars for a used one. (Link)

#2067 roger watersmelon

roger watersmelon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:49 AM

I finally got around to watching episode 7 of Attack on Titan. Remember what I said earlier about episode seven? Move that to episode 8 :D

@Inmate - Honestly, the best way to figure out fmv on this stuff is to check eBay for closed listings, and other used dvd stores. The full sets and the collectible stuff (like ROD) you should have no problems with. However, you'll probably find that it'll be tough when trying to sell the individual volumes. The hardest things to get rid of are middle volumes of a series (followed shortly by first volumes) because there's such a narrow group of people looking for them.

Worst case scenario on the individuals though, you can always save them for $5 coupons during Best Buy's next Upgrade and Save. That's where all of my random volumes end up :D

#2068 DNukem170

DNukem170

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:10 AM

Nintendo is strategizing Pokemon X and Y like never before. The other three series debuted as close to a month beforehand, but the X and Y anime will be http://bulbanews.bul...in_in_October'>debuting in October. No info was given, but I doubt Iris and Cilan will be making the trip.

Curious if Ash will be getting another design overhaul.

#2069 Gden

Gden

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:15 AM

Anyone else wishing they would finally make Ash officially a teenager?
Posted Image

#2070 Danger Zone: Archer

Danger Zone: Archer

Not really here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:19 AM

Anybody watching Aku no Hana (AKA - The evil flower) ? Its on crunchy-roll

thumb.gif

My face when i see bullshit.