Photo
- - - - -

Persona 4 Golden: Solid Gold Premium Edition up for pre order at Amazon for $69.99

• Please log in to reply
292 replies to this topic

#241 jello44

jello44

Posted 15 September 2012 - 02:40 AM

slidecage was right way back when. I read somewhere the other day (don't remember if it was Atlus forums or NeoGAF) that people are already getting cancellation e-mails. So, hopefully that first Monday morning was early enough for me.

I haven't gotten any cancellation e-mail as of yet and I pre-ordered in store that Monday morning. That was a day or two before Atlus announced they sold out in store and you could only get it on Gamestop's website.

72768.png

#242 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:45 AM

slidecage was right way back when. I read somewhere the other day (don't remember if it was Atlus forums or NeoGAF) that people are already getting cancellation e-mails. So, hopefully that first Monday morning was early enough for me.

being right = first sign of end of world :)
WOOOO I STINK

#243 AFC

AFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:47 AM

being right = first sign of end of world :)

We are getting close to the end of 2012. Not much time left for the world to end ;)

#244 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:51 AM

We are getting close to the end of 2012. Not much time left for absolutely nothing to happen ;)

Fixed that for you :)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#245 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:52 AM

http://www.gamefaqs....golden/64017886

Looks like people did start getting cancellation emails starting a few days ago. Anyone here get one?

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Uncharted: Golden Abyss - :)

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#246 AFC

AFC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:54 AM

Fixed that for you :)

I thought the ;) face conveyed the same message. Now it's a bit repetitive :)

#247 Namerson

Namerson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:03 AM

http://www.gamefaqs....golden/64017886

Looks like people did start getting cancellation emails starting a few days ago. Anyone here get one?

I'm pretty sure that Gamestop oversold but I want someone to copy and paste the e-mail. The OP just ditched the thread and no e-mail has been posted.

I pre-ordered from Amazon after they sold out and put a couple more up but it seems shitty of Gamestop to blame others when it's their fault. No reason they can't keep track of their numbers like Amazon.
3DS Friend Code: 1203 - 9542 - 1648 (Remember to PM if you add me!)

How not to review a video game: http://blogs.wsj.com...s-to-cross-ove/

I don't consider QTEs gameplay. This "game" is about as deep as the mini games on a disney DVD.

#248 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2012 - 03:39 PM

I'm pretty sure that Gamestop oversold but I want someone to copy and paste the e-mail. The OP just ditched the thread and no e-mail has been posted.

I pre-ordered from Amazon after they sold out and put a couple more up but it seems shitty of Gamestop to blame others when it's their fault. No reason they can't keep track of their numbers like Amazon.

Yeah, if all of these preorders are getting canceled, I'd imagine at least one CAG getting the email... I mean, it doesn't make sense that they wouldn't send out cancellation emails ASAP to everyone effected.

I don't think those people are lying though... I mean, what would be the point?

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#249 keine

keine

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:25 PM

Y
I don't think those people are lying though... I mean, what would be the point?

Posted Image

No, but this would seriously suck if it turns out to be true. I think a lot of CAGs suspected GameStop of overselling pre-orders and it would be shameful if they actually did. :cry:
Posted Image "I want me some glory hole." -The Great Jerry Jones

#250 nieon

nieon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:40 AM

so....... has anyone seen it available again on amazon? i pre-ordered the second time they let orders in, but i would feel better if someone was able to order on a third batch they might've had

#251 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:51 AM

so....... has anyone seen it available again on amazon? i pre-ordered the second time they let orders in, but i would feel better if someone was able to order on a third batch they might've had

I believe Atlus announced the pre-orders were all sold out. I wouldn't want to see a third batch. Be glad you got one and if amazon doesn't come through then they will compensate you most likely.

#252 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:58 AM

wonder if they will be very hard at all to flip them to make your cash back....

wont know until a day or two before they ship if they want this LE or the normal one from newegg

LE For 70 or Normal for 30 not sure if the LE is worth 40
WOOOO I STINK

#253 nieon

nieon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:15 AM

I believe Atlus announced the pre-orders were all sold out. I wouldn't want to see a third batch. Be glad you got one and if amazon doesn't come through then they will compensate you most likely.

yea but that tweet was just made a few days ago i think.. amazon was taking orders late august and sold out really fast. i'm hoping amazon had a third batch sometime in between so another cag was able to pre-order after the second run

#254 Youngnoble

Youngnoble

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 02:42 AM

Gamestop.com is still selling this, they pulled it down for a week and then put it back up. Maybe Atlus decided to print more since it sold out so quickly. There's really no reason why they can't.

#255 Bumslie

Bumslie

Don't Shit Where You Eat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:17 AM

yea but that tweet was just made a few days ago i think.. amazon was taking orders late august and sold out really fast. i'm hoping amazon had a third batch sometime in between so another cag was able to pre-order after the second run

Yea but Amazon, Amazon.ca, & GameStop were the only places to order it. Amazon had the 2 pre-order opportunities but don't know about Amazon.ca. We all know GameStop over sold so I wouldn't expect Amazon to put this up again. Don't get me wrong anything can happen I just wouldn't count on it.

#256 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:23 AM

They really can't just reprint the LE. The extras aren't like making a cartridge after all, lol. There is some legal stuff they would need to work out with Hori I would imagine before a reprint would even be thought of.

#257 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:04 AM

The second time Amazon had it up was likely to sell copies from the initial pre-orders that were cancelled. Amazon will probably have it again just after release so they can clear out remaining copies.

I doubt they plan to make more then 10000 copies. I'm almost 100% GS fucked up big time (maybe they were allocated 5000 copies and instead, put 50000 in their systems).

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#258 Agent ShortBus

Agent ShortBus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:22 AM

I preordered one of these from Amazon as soon as they went up, if their really only making 10000 copies should i just leave mine sealed when i get it and buy the game separately? My vita already has a carrying case, screen protector and a skin on it so the ones in the ce aren't going to be used even if i open it.

#259 BigPoeticCanine

BigPoeticCanine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:47 AM

I preordered one of these from Amazon as soon as they went up, if their really only making 10000 copies should i just leave mine sealed when i get it and buy the game separately? My vita already has a carrying case, screen protector and a skin on it so the ones in the ce aren't going to be used even if i open it.

I'm seriously torn on this as well. I'm a huge fan, but I can't help but wonder how much this will be worth. I suppose it helps that Amazon has my copy coming in the week after release, so I'll have a chance to see what's up on eBay. I may just keep it sealed just for myself, though I will very much need the skin and cases. :-#

Currently Playing:
:pc: Titanfall
:psp: nothing

:wiiu: Mario Kart 8

:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

:ps4: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

#260 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:06 AM

I'm seriously torn on this as well. I'm a huge fan, but I can't help but wonder how much this will be worth. I suppose it helps that Amazon has my copy coming in the week after release, so I'll have a chance to see what's up on eBay. I may just keep it sealed just for myself, though I will very much need the skin and cases. :-#

amazon is including the skin in the reg version of the game if you pre order. it looks like it's the same one that's included in the premium edition.

#261 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:22 AM

I may just keep it sealed just for myself, though

*30 years from now*

and this, Billy, is your grandfather's Persona 4 Premium Box Set. Wait, where are you going?

#262 Shadow360

Shadow360

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:45 PM

I pre-ordered this from Gamestop and I chose value shipping, but I'm worried that the box might get damaged during the shipment. It isn't too late to change shipping to one or two day shipping. Would it be worth it to change the method of shipping?

#263 Sandrock7383

Sandrock7383

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:55 PM

185 dollars? jeebus, i should have preordered one and sold it.

#264 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

I pre-ordered this from Gamestop and I chose value shipping, but I'm worried that the box might get damaged during the shipment. It isn't too late to change shipping to one or two day shipping. Would it be worth it to change the method of shipping?

GS usually packs their stuff in boxes now. Amazon is more hit or miss these days with special editions.

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#265 thefinal87

thefinal87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:35 AM

If anybody wants a copy, Play-asia is selling US Solid Gold Premium Editions for $20+ than MSRP.

http://www.play-asia...en-70-4uhl.html

#266 SpartenOmega117

SpartenOmega117

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

Don't worry about GameStop. They usually package stuff very well. And most of the time their value shipping is actually 2 day shipping.

#267 Callidus

Callidus

Collectaholic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

If anybody wants a copy, Play-asia is selling US Solid Gold Premium Editions for $20+ than MSRP.

Damn... all this time I thought I had pre-ordered this on Amazon long ago, but apparently not. Doh. Decisions... do I order one through Play-Asia? Shipping runs an extra $17 or so, which basically makes it about $110. I may just pass and take my chances trying to find one cheaper on eBay or AWD after release.

#268 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:03 PM

Damn... all this time I thought I had pre-ordered this on Amazon long ago, but apparently not. Doh. Decisions... do I order one through Play-Asia? Shipping runs an extra $17 or so, which basically makes it about $110. I may just pass and take my chances trying to find one cheaper on eBay or AWD after release.

Buy It for play-asia. Eliminate the risk and uncertainty.

#269 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

Damn, if shipping wasn't $17, I probably would've gotten it. Oh well, I guess I'll continue keeping an eye to see if Amazon has any near the game's launch.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#270 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

So does Play-Asia ship instantly at launch, or do they take a bit to process orders?

Posted Image