- - - - -

Arizona Minions, RISE!

• Please log in to reply
258 replies to this topic

#241 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:20 PM

Hey AZ CAGs orPhoenix area CAGs.
Anyone going to Saboten Con this weekend, its from Sat-Mon.

http://www.facebook.com/sabotencon
I shall be there but don't think I will be cosplaying my Umbreon, or maybe i will.
I also know Frank with be running the gaming section.

So if anyone wants to say hi or chill hit me up.
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#242 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:52 PM

Just chiming in as an AZ Cag in Scottsdale. No particular deals that I've come across to post. I would recommend Fallout Games as a store of choice for classic cartridge games and systems. There's a Fallout Games at 41st Avenue and Bell, and another one down in Tempe. I also favor the Play-N-Trade at Tatum and Bell.

#243 AzGoat

AzGoat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 December 2012 - 08:03 AM

Fallout games? I was not really impressed with them and over all i would rater just go to ebay.

Just chiming in as an AZ Cag in Scottsdale. No particular deals that I've come across to post. I would recommend Fallout Games as a store of choice for classic cartridge games and systems. There's a Fallout Games at 41st Avenue and Bell, and another one down in Tempe. I also favor the Play-N-Trade at Tatum and Bell.

#244 gunnergirl

gunnergirl

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

Anyone going to Con-Nichiwa 2013? Think I finally might make it to one. :D

#245 kburns10

kburns10

You Gots to Chill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:53 AM

There is still a Play N Trade open? Wow. There used to be one in Tucson near campus, but it closed down. I do like Fallout Games here in Tempe though.
Posted Image

$60 for FIVE kick ass games? With a BUNCH of extras?

And some of you are COMPLAINING about the price?

Youre not a CAG, just a CMF!! lol

#246 adriley313

adriley313

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

I will be at Phoenix Comic Con this year.
Can't afford to do Amazing Comic Con this weekend.
Now Playing:
:360: Prototype 2
:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Now Reading: Impulse by Steven Gould

#247 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:16 AM

Ooooo! A new Fallout games has opened up at Thunderbird and Tatum in Phoenix. This location is much closer to me, and will make shopping for classic titles a lot more convenient. I picked up a copy of Shadow Hearts: Covenant, while I was in there today. They have a great selection of older titles.

#248 Syranth

Syranth

Formerly WormFOODx

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:11 PM

I'll have to stop in there. I live about 2 miles from there.

#249 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

Perpetually behind the times

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

I always tell myself I'm going to stop by their Tempe store, but I never get around to it. I guess they are doing well enough to keep expanding, which is always good news for retro used game stores.

I see they do disc repair as well, not sure what machine they have though.

#250 kburns10

kburns10

You Gots to Chill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 03:54 AM

I always tell myself I'm going to stop by their Tempe store, but I never get around to it. I guess they are doing well enough to keep expanding, which is always good news for retro used game stores.

I see they do disc repair as well, not sure what machine they have though.

You should check it out. The guys who work there are cool and they have a pretty good selection!
Posted Image

#251 Richard Kain

Richard Kain

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:06 AM

Yeah, it's worth it if you're a collector. They have their computer system between the three stores linked up, so they can check the stock across all three locations. And if one of their other stores has a game you want, they're willing to transfer it over to the location closer to you.

I picked up a lot of great titles on my recent visit to their new location. Just for the PS1 I was able to get Beyond the Beyond, Broken Sword 2, Parasite Eve, Tobal No. 1, and Vagrant Story. All of them were in surprisingly good condition, and came complete with cases, inserts, and instruction booklets. The prices on Parasite Eve and Vagrant Story were extremely reasonable. $20 for Parasite Eve and $25 for Vagrant Story. Well worth it considering the notoriety of those titles and their developer pedigree. (Squaresoft PS1 games usually command higher prices)

#252 kburns10

kburns10

You Gots to Chill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2013 - 11:22 PM

Yeah, it's worth it if you're a collector. They have their computer system between the three stores linked up, so they can check the stock across all three locations. And if one of their other stores has a game you want, they're willing to transfer it over to the location closer to you.

I picked up a lot of great titles on my recent visit to their new location. Just for the PS1 I was able to get Beyond the Beyond, Broken Sword 2, Parasite Eve, Tobal No. 1, and Vagrant Story. All of them were in surprisingly good condition, and came complete with cases, inserts, and instruction booklets. The prices on Parasite Eve and Vagrant Story were extremely reasonable. $20 for Parasite Eve and $25 for Vagrant Story. Well worth it considering the notoriety of those titles and their developer pedigree. (Squaresoft PS1 games usually command higher prices)

That's quite a haul! I'm not sure when I'll be out that way (since I live in Mesa) but I'd like to see the new store. I know the Tempe store sent a lot of their duplicates to the new store to help with inventory.
Posted Image

#253 francobash

francobash

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2013 - 04:56 AM

I have been able to find some good deals at Zia in Chandler occasionally.

#254 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:33 PM

Finally stopped by the Tempe Fallout Games store, pretty interesting walkthrough.  Much better than the Gamers store that used to be there across the street (for those people old enough to remember Gamers).  I figure with them being catty corner to that Goodwill, they glean the good donations from there (which I can't blame them for doing so if they do).  Overall a cool place.

#255 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:25 AM

Shameless plug, but I am selling Bookmans credit at a decent discount IMO if anyone's interested. Shoot me a PM 

You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#256 SierraNight

SierraNight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:24 PM

Since I recently got back into retro collecting, I've been hitting up Fallout Games a lot. However, they didn't have a copy of Shadow Hearts so I went looking for other retro stores in the area. Today I found Flashback Games in Tempe, and I'm quite happy with that store as well. Very clean, well organized and fairly priced from what I purchased. Got a promotional not for resale complete Shadow Hearts for $20. Also got a like new Wild Arms and Okage The Shadow King. If you haven't been there yet you might want to check it out.

Sierranight.jpg

Sierra_night.png

#257 Pokechaos480

Pokechaos480

Posted 01 February 2014 - 05:47 PM

North Phoenix here. 

#258 praisedue

praisedue

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:57 PM

Chandler here. No gaming deals here..I live right across the street the a blockbuster that closed down a while back.

#259 Billytwoshoes

Billytwoshoes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2014 - 04:57 PM

Chandler here. No gaming deals here..I live right across the street the a blockbuster that closed down a while back.

You should check out that Zia Records on Dobson and Chandler Blvd.  I'm not a big fan of Zia since they overprice a good portion of their stuff, however there are a few things they significantly undervalue if you can weed through the bloated price tags.