Photo
* * * * - 12 votes

Best Buy Deal of the Day: Gran Turismo 6 $39.99/$31.99 Unlocked, Saints Row IV (PS3, Xbox 360) $29.99/$23.99 Unlocked

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3530 replies to this topic

#2821 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAG Veteran

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:20 AM

If you just made that then I'm not sure whether to applaud you or be worried about you.

Applaud with a worried expression.

Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask

GiftHulk  invite code:RD172480

ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444

Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!

Please send me a PM if you used my referrals. I want to do raffles for you.

#2822 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:58 AM

Applaud with a worried expression.

:applause:  :-k

Currently Playing:
3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :xb1: Garden Warfare :hot: Forza 5 :hot: :ps4: LEGO The Hobbit

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: AC4 :hot:
EldritchOnRye.png

#2823 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• CAG Veteran

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:00 AM

:applause: :-k

I thought you meant real life.

Swag Bucks referral: http://swagbucks.com/refer/newmask

GiftHulk  invite code:RD172480

ShopKick: http://get.shopkick.com/barium13444

Gets you GC and PayPal cash. Over 0 CAGs referred!

Please send me a PM if you used my referrals. I want to do raffles for you.

#2824 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:09 AM

I thought you meant real life.

Well that's emote version of what I did.  And isn't CAG real life?

Currently Playing:
3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :xb1: Garden Warfare :hot: Forza 5 :hot: :ps4: LEGO The Hobbit

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: AC4 :hot:
EldritchOnRye.png

#2825 Darby27

Darby27

2 Legit 2 Quit!

• CAG Veteran

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:40 AM

So this is what, about the 50th time they have had EM2 on sale?

#2826 Darthstryk3R

Darthstryk3R

Sith Happens!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

Just a refresher what was "epic flippy" value?

Steam ID:  Darthstryk3r

#2827 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:15 AM

10/6/2013 - :360: :ps3: Dead Island Riptide Special Edition $19.99

#2828 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:20 AM

EHv0UlR.png?1

this is so bad i had to laugh lmao
Currently playing
:ps3: Shadows of the damned, assassins creed 3
:360: final fantasy 13, gta 4: complete, dishonored
:3ds: nothing
:psp: ps all stars battle royale

Games recently beaten
:psp: assassins creed: liberation (best portible open world game ever dispite problems) :applause:
:360: Kane and lynch 2: dog days (meh game for 5$) :cold:
Games remaining in backlog: 8

#2829 dominator

dominator

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:23 AM

What's the difference between the regular edition and the special edition? Also, does this go live at 2am pacific?

TapouT545.pngTapouT32.jpg

126410.png

#2830 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:23 AM

Wonder if RIptide SE will drop any further?

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#2831 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:24 AM

Woulda bit if it was the Rigor Mortis, but when Dead Island has (is?) been around $15 at GF, pass.

#2832 MooseTheCorgi

MooseTheCorgi

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:30 AM

Woulda bit if it was the Rigor Mortis, but when Dead Island has (is?) been around $15 at GF, pass.

Dead Island has been $9.99 recently. 

Taking a break from gaming and on a major CAG hiatus.

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group

#2833 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:32 AM

Dead Island has been $9.99 recently. 

Riptide? The Special Edition only gives you a digital map and some in-game bonuses.

#2834 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:34 AM

I still have my $5 pre-ordered for this game bank in March.  Just want get to steelcase.  Thinking go pick it up for $5 pre-order!

"Evil is Funs"

#2835 Mostly Human

Mostly Human

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:39 AM

From Amazon:  Special Edition Includes Alternate Character Skin, Pack of Weapon MODs,Digital Strategy Map.

I could have swore there was an XP boost code but it's been too long since I played it.

#2836 gantt

gantt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:43 AM

Thanks for the heads up. Given the reviews, I'd hesitate to pick this up at $10.

#2837 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:47 AM

It's terrible. Navigating in tha game is like pulling teeth.

#2838 Naterrs

Naterrs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:46 AM

Is there any DLC that unlocks the special edition's weapon mods and character skin, or are they exclusive? Wondering because I just ordered the standard edition from GameFly.

#2839 PetersHere

PetersHere

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:48 AM

If the CE hits $20 I'll grab one, but this is not a deal at all. A tiny amount of DLC doesn't make this worth $10 more than the regular edition. 

#2840 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:02 AM

Terrible game IMHO. Can't see spending that kind of money unless it's the Rigor Mortise edition.

#2841 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:12 AM

Unlike most others, I actually play games and recommend this if you liked the first ( if you hate the first then forget trying this one). For the record I played on 360 and experienced no bugs at all. Games are fun as could be. Controls are fine and navigation is fine. 

512847.png

#2842 lRolLlLilN

lRolLlLilN

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:47 AM

I liked the first myself as well. I'm still playing it lol. Hm this 2nd for 19.99? Hmm i'll wait.

#2843 guitar1god

guitar1god

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:10 AM

I played the first Dead Island with my brother and I heavily disliked the way the navigation worked. The mountains and other obstacles were not present on the map so I kept thinking I could go from point A to point B by following the marker, but then I would find an obstacle. I stopped playing after a few hours because the navigation was so frustrating. I kept wishing it was more like Fallout 3's map.

"You Gotta Shaaaaaare! You Gotta Caaaare!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie duxyM

#2844 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's Favorite DRM-Cashew & Cylon-Toaster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:31 PM

I played the first Dead Island with my brother and I heavily disliked the way the navigation worked. The mountains and other obstacles were not present on the map so I kept thinking I could go from point A to point B by following the marker, but then I would find an obstacle. I stopped playing after a few hours because the navigation was so frustrating. I kept wishing it was more like Fallout 3's map.

I namely use/follow compasses and mini-maps in those games to get me in the "right direction". I don't use them as a "be all, see all". 

Often, I will switch like crazy to the BIG map that takes up the whole screen for its real-estate - like in GTA games, Fallout games, Elder Scrolls games, Torchlight 2, etc.

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#2845 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:45 PM

I ran into navigation issues a handful of times, but not often enough to detract from the game. I think it was twice in the jungle and twice in the city. One look at the map cleared it up and the navigation would catch up soon after.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get Assassin's Creed III, Bioshock Infinite, NBA 2K14 or other games for $1 (Steam):  http://www.cheapassg...r-1/?p=11692782

#2846 derrtaysouth95

derrtaysouth95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:53 PM

Have the first one and to me a truly GOOD zombie apocalypse game has yet to be made.

I find faults with all the ones released so far.

I guess that's what happens when you are obsessed with The Walking Dead tv show/comic books.

#2847 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:14 AM

Have the first one and to me a truly GOOD zombie apocalypse game has yet to be made.

I find faults with all the ones released so far.

I guess that's what happens when you are obsessed with The Walking Dead tv show/comic books.

Out of curiosity what would a good zombie apocalypse game look like? Between Dead Island, Dead Rising, Left 4 Dead, Resident Evil, Killing Floor, Yakuza Dead Souls, State of Decay, The Walking Dead, Lollipop Chainsaw, etc. I'd say there are handfuls of good zombie apocalypse games.

#2848 daddy69

daddy69

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:26 AM

this is so bad i had to laugh lmao

LMAO

#2849 MooseTheCorgi

MooseTheCorgi

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:38 AM

Riptide? The Special Edition only gives you a digital map and some in-game bonuses.

Yes Riptide indeed. I just checked right now it is $14.99, but I ordered it a couple days ago for $9.99 so it must have just been apart of one of the gamefly used deals.

Unlike most others, I actually play games and recommend this if you liked the first ( if you hate the first then forget trying this one). For the record I played on 360 and experienced no bugs at all. Games are fun as could be. Controls are fine and navigation is fine. 

Stellar, I am not trolling but I am trying to figure out what you mean exactly when you say, "I actually play games." Are you referring to other games than Dead Island?I assume the majority of us that comment do indeed play the games we buy. 

Taking a break from gaming and on a major CAG hiatus.

Have Backlog issues? Need support? Come check out  The CAG Backlog Support Group

#2850 plus1zero

plus1zero

Turd Ferguson

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:18 AM

Yes Riptide indeed. I just checked right now it is $14.99, but I ordered it a couple days ago for $9.99 so it must have just been apart of one of the gamefly used deals.

Stellar, I am not trolling but I am trying to figure out what you mean exactly when you say, "I actually play games." Are you referring to other games than Dead Island?I assume the majority of us that comment do indeed play the games we buy. 

The majority of people that hoard on here have admitted to purchasing way more than they ever intend to play.