• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:17 PM

http://www.gogamer.c...8VVviewprod.htm

This sells for $50 new at most places, though there are a few copies listed on EBay for relatively the same price. Maybe this is the first sign of a price drop?

Shipping is admittedly rough (around $27 shipped), but this game is getting harder to find.

#2 rodeojones903

rodeojones903

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:22 PM

I really enjoyed this game. I paid full price and dont regret it one bit.

#3 sonderiaom

sonderiaom

Starry Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:23 PM

If shipping were cheaper I'd jump all over this like a fat kid over hohos
Posted Image

#4 argyle

argyle

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:29 PM

I see they take Google checkout - is the $10 off for first-time users still in effect?
Posted Image

#5 fairtrade

fairtrade

Minor Circuit Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:43 PM

Actually this game is also marked down at my local Fry's for somewhere between $16-20 (I forget the exact price, might have been $16.77 or 17.66). I'll have to keep in mind that it's a good game and pick it up next time I'm there.

#6 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:47 PM

Isn't the game complete crap, though? I mean unless you gundam obsessed (you make the models and dress up at home) there's no point in playing this, right?

#7 pimp tyranny

pimp tyranny

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:49 PM

no, MS Saga was the good one, from the reviews i read. Metal Saga and Steambot Chronicles were the complete crap, iirc.

it's an RPG, there's a point to play it if you're an RPG fan. you don't have to be gundam obsessed. in fact i'd say this would be a good initiation into Gundam, since i never felt like watching Gundam, but i'm very interested in this game.
Posted Image

#8 argyle

argyle

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:51 PM

no, MS Saga was the good one, from the reviews i read. Metal Saga and Steambot Chronicles were the complete crap, iirc.

it's an RPG, there's a point to play it if you're an RPG fan. you don't have to be gundam obsessed. in fact i'd say this would be a good initiation into Gundam, since i never felt like watching Gundam, but i'm very interested in this game.

Metal Saga was indeed crap, but Steambot is a pretty good game. Has a few rough edges, but was definitely a fun playthrough imo.
Posted Image

#9 fairtrade

fairtrade

Minor Circuit Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:58 PM

If one were to judge solely by IGN, all 3 games are average and have various problems. MS Saga is also the lowest rated there of the three. But I might still pick it up, it's under $20 and the majority of the complaints were with the SD look of the Gundams and dated-looking graphics.

#10 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2007 - 10:00 PM

This game is GREAT Gundam Game vere made. I'll buy it whenever it drop down $20 in store.
"Evil is Funs"

#11 Duo_Maxwell

Duo_Maxwell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2007 - 10:21 PM

Isn't the game complete crap, though? I mean unless you gundam obsessed (you make the models and dress up at home) there's no point in playing this, right?

It scored in the 6-7/10 range in most every review. I thought it was a little above average. I mean for a license-based RPG it offers a decent battle system and loads upon loads of customization options letting actually make use of the bonuses/cash you earn, somehting alot of RPGs don't do well anymore. I mean it was by no means perfect, and I'd even struggle to call it an all-around good game as it had somethings I hated (to many random encounters, not really unique in it's design at all, and there was "chibi-esqe" gundam designs). But overall it was a fairly enjoyable experience espeically compared to the other Gundam games that have been released stateside thus far.

#12 Killrig

Killrig

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2007 - 10:32 PM

What happened to the 2 or 3 dollar shipping from GoGamer.com? With shipping at 8 bucks it's not even CLOSE to a deal to order from GoGamer. Does anyone know WTH happened?

Danke.
-- K-rig

#13 disgaeaea

disgaeaea

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2007 - 10:36 PM

i read a review a while ago. a really simple rpg with gundams. like, kiddy-ish gameplay with no depth.

still it's probably one of the better gundam game out there, because of the fact that most of them sucked

i'll probably get it for $20 at frys(if it is $20)

#14 fairtrade

fairtrade

Minor Circuit Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:28 PM

That was Fry's in Houston btw for the deal I mentioned. Fry's might be YMMV with their regular video game markdowns but I kind of doubt it.

#15 EXStrike

EXStrike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:11 AM

Side note: the chibi-Gundam looks were done as a part of practicality. One of the developers said that they decided to make the MSs SD so that the customization would work.

#16 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:11 AM

I paid $40 for this game. I absolutely love it and find it to be one of the better RPGs last year.
Posted Image

#17 monstericreated

monstericreated

merkin' snitches

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:13 AM

That was Fry's in Houston btw for the deal I mentioned. Fry's might be YMMV with their regular video game markdowns but I kind of doubt it.

Which Fry's in Houston? The one in the Woodlands, or the one over by Baybrook, or...?
Posted Image

Grateful for female avatar codes to beef up my wardrobe! :bouncy:

#18 fairtrade

fairtrade

Minor Circuit Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2007 - 12:16 AM

I wasn't even aware that there were multiple Fry's in Houston. The one at 45 and West Rd., near Greenspoint. Again I doubt it matters, it's probably a regular clearance markdown available at every Fry's.

Which Fry's in Houston? The one in the Woodlands, or the one over by Baybrook, or...?

#19 argyle

argyle

Posted 13 February 2007 - 02:11 AM

Well, I went in with a friend at work who had been looking for a deal on this for a while now. The shipping didn't go up with the quantity, thankfully, so we came out a little better that way. We had both agreed that it looks like this may be one that just disappears instead of seeing a lot of drops, since it seems pretty scarce already.
Posted Image

#20 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2007 - 02:15 AM

you can also get it for $25ish on amazon

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#21 LXL_Guy

LXL_Guy

Oathkeeper

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2007 - 03:42 AM

I'm satisfied I bought mine from the last B2G1. So yeah...a decent game to say the least.

#22 AaronChance

AaronChance

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:35 AM

i read a review a while ago. a really simple rpg with gundams. like, kiddy-ish gameplay with no depth.

You must be thinking of a different game. Has more depth than most RPGs, and no kid is going to get very far, since it gets hard fast. The story is terrible, but the gameplay is good. You really need to plan out your gundams, your weapon loadout, and prep your pilots to make it through.

#23 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:38 AM

I know the game has been going for about $20 on eBay for a while now, but I still haven't got it.

I guess I'm still holding out hoping it'll be uber cheap somewhere (even though its not avaliable in most stores)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#24 Supercake

Supercake

Mighty Pirate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2007 - 09:41 PM

I wasn't even aware that there were multiple Fry's in Houston. The one at 45 and West Rd., near Greenspoint. Again I doubt it matters, it's probably a regular clearance markdown available at every Fry's.

Ah, I hope it's still marked down. I've had my eye on this game for a long time, waiting for it to price drop. Now I can finally get it.

#25 monstericreated

monstericreated

merkin' snitches

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:24 PM

Well, you know Houston... Ridiculously spread out! I'll ask my bf to check and see if it's marked down at his Fry's (near Baybrook Mall). Thanks for the tip regardless.
Posted Image

Grateful for female avatar codes to beef up my wardrobe! :bouncy:

#26 Nirvanaguy777

Nirvanaguy777

All Hope Will Someday Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2007 - 03:47 PM

I had wanted this game for some time but the price always turned me off, perhaps now I will focus more on it.
Posted Image
David Post
Currently Playing: Persona 4 and Starcraft 2.

#27 coolsteel

coolsteel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2007 - 04:56 PM

I'm honestly surprised it has taken this long for any kind of drop on it, Bandai must know what they're doing since Zeta Vs Gundam also doesn't go for that cheap either.

#28 Whambamm

Whambamm

Thank you ma'am

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 February 2007 - 09:35 PM

After hearing that this game was $19.99 at Fry's B&M, I went to the one in Austin. It had a $29.90 sticker and when I had them price check it I was even happier than I had anticipated. The game's price was only $12.22. So be on the lookout at your local Fry's for this game. Sorry fellow Austin area CAGs, this was the only copy on the floor, but perhaps they have some more in the back.
Posted Image Posted Image

Winner of the 2004 and 2006 CAG NFL Suicide Pool.
My Tradelist

Posted Image

#29 argyle

argyle

Posted 15 February 2007 - 09:45 PM

Just as an FYI, I hate all of you that live near a Fry's. :-P

And my copy from gogamer should be arriving today.
Posted Image

#30 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 February 2007 - 07:42 PM

Update: price is down to $18.31 plus shipping.