Guilty Gear X2 #Reload $19.99

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2004 - 05:48 PM

Just picked this up at EB today. I love Guilty Gear and for $20, why not? I'm not sure if it's $20 everywhere.

#2 sblymnlcrymnl

sblymnlcrymnl

married ... with children

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2004 - 05:49 PM

It is.

#3 Duo_Maxwell

Duo_Maxwell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2004 - 05:51 PM

Yeah not really a deal per say as its MSRP $20. Still sounds like winner though. Personally I'm waiting for Best Buy to get it in so I can get it for $15.

#4 magilacudy

magilacudy

Cheap as shell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2004 - 06:07 PM

Holy crap... I thought it was coming out next week. Is that only for preorders? I'm going to go pick this up now.
Posted Image

#5 Duo_Maxwell

Duo_Maxwell

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2004 - 06:09 PM

Nah man it should be out, it actually was suppoed to come out last week, but got dealyed for just a bit.

#6 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2004 - 06:11 PM

You can pick it up today. I didn't preorder and neither did my friend, and we both picked it up.

#7 ransom456

ransom456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2004 - 06:17 PM

Yeah not really a deal per say as its MSRP $20. Still sounds like winner though. Personally I'm waiting for Best Buy to get it in so I can get it for $15.

My Best Buy said they aren't getting this game in. I couldn't find it on their web site, either. Sounds like this isn't going to be a huge release, so you might want to call your BB and ask.

I figure I'll just pick it up at EB later today. $15 would be nice, but I'll settle for $20.
video games..................DVD's
Xbox Live gamertag: ransom456

#8 captaincold

captaincold

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2004 - 06:48 PM

Will Circuit City get it in?

#9 rodeojones903

rodeojones903

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2004 - 07:01 PM

Just got home with my copy from EB. :D

#10 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2004 - 07:07 PM

One of the BB reps I spoke with about it said they're not getting it in.

I heard the same thing from a CC rep.

I ordered it from Gamestop, should show up by the end of the week. Well worth it, from what I've seen.

#11 xion

xion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2004 - 07:15 PM

I think I'll buy it. First because it's an awesome price and second it's been getting great reviews.

#12 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2004 - 07:17 PM

Anyone seen the XBox version and see how it compares to the PS2 version?

From what I've read, besides the Live play, they've tweaked the graphics a little. I'm curious to see if anyone has seen both and can offer a comparison.

#13 EndlessChris

EndlessChris

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2004 - 07:34 PM

If you're asking how Guilty Gear X2 compares to Reload basically the moves have been tweaked to balance the characters. It's like Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution, same game, just a few tweaks and changes here and there.

#14 romeogbs19

romeogbs19

Henshin A Go-Go Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2004 - 07:44 PM

I don't think you can say it's to the level of a VF4 EVO make. If you already own GGX2, then Reload isn't worth it, IMO. Nothing's really changed outside of the extra fighters and tweaks. Sure, things are a bit more balanced, but the game is virtually identical in terms of everything else. EVO was, IMO, a real remake -- graphical augmentation, quest mode, and thousands of added goodies -- you aren't going to find any of that in Reload.

#15 magilacudy

magilacudy

Cheap as shell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2004 - 07:50 PM

All the EBs near me are sold out. Guess it can't hurt to wait a few days more. :(
Posted Image

#16 vanlandw

vanlandw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2004 - 07:52 PM

has anybody seen this game at BB? You can use the $5 off madden coupon or either use gamer gift card thing to make it 15

#17 BustaUppa

BustaUppa

what it is right now

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2004 - 08:02 PM

I don't think you can say it's to the level of a VF4 EVO make. If you already own GGX2, then Reload isn't worth it, IMO. Nothing's really changed outside of the extra fighters and tweaks. Sure, things are a bit more balanced, but the game is virtually identical in terms of everything else. EVO was, IMO, a real remake -- graphical augmentation, quest mode, and thousands of added goodies -- you aren't going to find any of that in Reload.

Truly, it isn't as big a change as EVO was. But to be fair, you failed to mention that GGX2#reload is ONLINE. That will be a huge plus to some people.

#18 rodeojones903

rodeojones903

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2004 - 08:02 PM

My local best buy confirmed that they are not going to carry it.

#19 KurtCobain

KurtCobain

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2004 - 10:12 PM

Your Winner!

It retails at 20 bucks. GameStop in my area says they only got 3 in. No where else had it either. I like the original Guilty Gear more. Xbox controll isn't good for fighting games.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 mkelehan

mkelehan

Xbox Live Arcade Fiend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 September 2004 - 11:59 PM

My BB said they'd have it tomorrow, but they've lied to me before.

#21 Ledhed

Ledhed

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2004 - 12:01 AM

I bought my copy a few hours ago, though I don't know when I'll play it. Fable is pretty distracting at the moment.

#22 norkusa

norkusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2004 - 12:25 AM

FYI, some Gamerush stores are also carrying this. I checked 5 stores in my area though and only 1 had it, so it I'm not sure if all of them will be getting copies. Got mine for free after trading in a couple of crappy games.

#23 Action Jacktion

Action Jacktion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2004 - 12:46 AM

I checked Target and they didn't have it.

#24 regisphilbi0

regisphilbi0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2004 - 01:25 AM

I might have to pick this up. Looks pretty interesting. Plus, I don't have any good fighters.
Posted Image

#25 SEGA128DC

SEGA128DC

EA Sports suck!!!...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2004 - 01:30 AM

I'm guessing Guilty Gear X2 #Reload is going to be hard to find, if stores like Best Buy and Circuit City won't carry the game...:(

I'm going to BB, tomorrow in the morning. I pray they have the game in-stock...[-o<

#26 skinsfan56la

skinsfan56la

Redskins Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2004 - 02:24 AM

I ordered it from Gamestop with free overnight shipping but i have been too distracted by Fable to play it.
Posted Image
R.I.P. Sean Taylor.

#27 hiccupleftovers

hiccupleftovers

Worst Poster on CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2004 - 02:25 AM

Well this is for the Xbox version of the game right? I'm going to check some BBs and CCs around me to see if they have it, and if they don't on to EB or Gamestop? I'm guessing it will be kind of hard to find in the future and I love 2d fighters, so then it'll be a must for me. I too pray that some store around me will have this in stock. Does anyone know if Gamecrazy is getting it in??

Las Vegas Limousine - The coolest limos in town!

Los Angeles Limousine

#28 norkusa

norkusa

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2004 - 02:56 AM

It doesn't make any sense why this would be a hard title to find, although it obviously is at the moment. When a new game comes out priced at $19.99 like this, it usually means it's priced that way so many copies can be sold (i.e. Colin Mcrae 4, Midway Arcade Treasures, ESPN 2k5 series). You'd figure they'd press hundreds of thousands of GG X2's so they'd be easily available to the masses when it's this cheap.

#29 sj41

sj41

That's Bitchin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2004 - 03:00 AM

FYI, some Gamerush stores are also carrying this. I checked 5 stores in my area though and only 1 had it, so it I'm not sure if all of them will be getting copies. Got mine for free after trading in a couple of crappy games.

My GameRush had atleast one but I didn't check for any other copies. That would be pretty cool if the game became rare after I got my copy. I would be so happy. :P

#30 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 September 2004 - 03:01 AM

I've been playing this all day. Fable can wait. Oh, and check your local Wal-Mart. Mine had tons of copies today. (Normal, IL)