1247 replies to this topic

#1 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:28 PM

Posted Image

Read it for yourself.

I read the rumors that it was going to be downloadable only for a while but I didn't expect this (multiplayer only). Crazy if this is all true, and it looks like it is.

Edited by NamPaehc, 28 August 2008 - 05:24 PM.

#2 Rusty Ghia

Rusty Ghia

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:34 PM

Damn, Warhawk was one of the few games that I was looking forward to on the PS3. Online only? No thanks; I want my single-player mode.
"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Bixby Snyder

#3 mwynn

mwynn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2007 - 10:57 PM

What about a downloadble single player pack?

#4 dpatel

dpatel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2007 - 11:24 PM

I was hoping they would get rid of the on-foot missions, but not the entire single player.

#5 rodeojones903

rodeojones903

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2007 - 11:26 PM

That is really disappointing news. Ill probably still check it out, but not having a single player really brings down my interest for the game.

#6 foo33333

foo33333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2007 - 11:45 PM

I dont believe news from 1UP crap~ wait for real news

#7 Gshocker

Gshocker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:41 AM

That is certainly a dissapointment. I would guess they just could not come up with a full game or not something that they would feel good about letting out the door. I hope this news is not true as it sounded like this was going to be a great title for the PS3.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:49 AM

This is very disappointing if true.

#9 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:57 AM

99% of the games I play are for the single player experience...crappy news if true

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#10 coolz481

coolz481

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2007 - 01:30 AM

The Warhawk news isn't great, but actually the rest of the column contained some interesting teasers about upcoming playstation network games. EGM already published a rumor about a new Street Fighter over PSN with updated sprites.

#11 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2007 - 01:51 AM

Well they need to do something... cause they've put a lot of time and money into this game. They should really release a demo, and let the playstation 3 fans give feed back.

#12 dallow

dallow

Posted 23 February 2007 - 02:25 AM

99% of the games I play are for the single player experience...crappy news if true

Make Warhawk that 1%.

Seriously though, it is disappointing.
I wouldn't have minded if they just re-made the classic PSX game.

I guess this means it'll be cheap!
"i drive a rolls royce / cause it's good for my voice"
3DS Friend Code: 3609-1044-7487

#13 H.Cornerstone

H.Cornerstone

LaserCannonDethSentence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2007 - 02:33 AM

I won't believe it till I hear an official announcement from Sony.

#14 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2007 - 04:13 AM

I won't believe it till I hear an official announcement from Sony.

Always smart.

Kotaku has this.

"At this time that's simply not true. We have not made any decision with regards to distribution for Warhawk, which is due out this fall."

If the 'not true' part is directed towards him saying the game is only going to be downloadable, they still didn't really clear it up enough for me. To me, it looks like it might be possible, where as the writer made it seem as it was already set in stone.

#15 nharmon91

nharmon91

Posted 23 February 2007 - 04:58 AM

Not. Cool.
[IMG]http://www.funstore.cz/products/xbox360/crackdown/v.jpghttp://www.funstore.cz/products/xbox360/crackdown/v.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://ps3gc.com/pics/NaPWNeon.png[/IMG][IMG]http://card.mygamercard.net/HebrewThunder91.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://gamerscorechart.com/theme/xbox/Don_Harmon.png[/IMG]

#16 ArthurDigbySellers

ArthurDigbySellers

Not exactly a lightweight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2007 - 03:55 PM

Always smart.

Kotaku has this.

"At this time that's simply not true. We have not made any decision with regards to distribution for Warhawk, which is due out this fall."

If the 'not true' part is directed towards him saying the game is only going to be downloadable, they still didn't really clear it up enough for me. To me, it looks like it might be possible, where as the writer made it seem as it was already set in stone.

Yes, but it has the PR CYA mainstay "At this time..." 5 minutes from now, it may be true, but not at this time.

Currently Drinking:
Homebrew

#17 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2007 - 03:44 AM

Seems that is confirmed now:

First part of the video talks about it.

"Today's episode of IGN Weekly has an exclusive look at the upcoming Incognito game Warhawk for the PLAYSTATION 3. In it, the outlet confirms a number of previously rumored details.

Yes, the game will be multiplayer only, currently supporting 32-players via dedicated servers. Yes, the game will be a download through the PlayStation Store (despite telling us otherwise), with possible expansions to come.

Additionally, Drew Bradford, associate producer for the game, reveals that both SIXAXIS and analog stick controls are available for players to use.

And on the multiplayer-only front, Dylan Jobe, director of the game, said that "Warhawk has all of its attention focused on making a triple-A online experience. Phasing out the single player allows the team to really polish multiplayer." He later added, "Single player just wasn't up to par."

Shots of ground and air combat, as well as a look at character customization are available at IGN."

#18 Rusty Ghia

Rusty Ghia

Posted 03 March 2007 - 04:09 AM

Seems that is confirmed now:Phasing out the single player allows the team to really polish multiplayer." He later added, "Single player just wasn't up to par."[/I]

So they're basically admitting that they lack the talent to create a solid single-player mode?
"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Bixby Snyder

#19 sarausagi

sarausagi

Concerto in Cute Major

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2007 - 04:40 AM

Umm, so how am I supposed to get a feel for the game or practice?

Online play is going to be really shitty because everyone will be ground zero, NEWBIES, except for a few "!337" flight simulator junkies and 3d shooter fans.

#20 getmyrunon

getmyrunon

shut up and play, fanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2007 - 04:51 AM

Hot damn that video looks Shweeeeet... I'm a sucker for arcadey flying though. Going to take a lot of restraint not to buy it the first day.

#21 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2007 - 05:21 AM

So what are you guys thinking price wise now? I'd say $20 with extra content ready at the start, but of course that'll cost more money.

#22 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2007 - 05:22 AM

$20 is the most I'd be willing to pay for it...I'm thinking it may cost up to $30 though.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#23 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 March 2007 - 03:17 PM

I just don't know how much they really can shave off by not having discs and "middle men" by offering it as downloadable only. I could see them saying that most games are single and multiplayer, and since they only have one half of that, then the cost should be one half of a normal PS3 game...

The lack of single player is fine for me. I know a lot of people used single player to get a feel for multiplayer for other games. I just doubt they will throw you right into the mix when you get it.

Also I can't wait to see what game modes it has. I mean, they mentioned some but I've been wondering about the larger hover ships we've seen. Wonder how they will fit into an online experiance only now or if they have been removed totally.

#24 Plinko

Plinko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2007 - 02:22 AM

Horrible news for those of us who live nowhere near an area that gets high-speed internet.

#25 H.Cornerstone

H.Cornerstone

LaserCannonDethSentence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 March 2007 - 06:43 PM

I just watched the IGN weekly episode that focused on WarHawk, and althought I am upset at no single player, it still looks like a really fun game.

#26 PagingDrUgly

PagingDrUgly

Posted 05 March 2007 - 04:33 PM

I just watched the IGN weekly episode that focused on WarHawk, and althought I am upset at no single player, it still looks like a really fun game.

I totally agree! Especially the scene when the player has control over the tank and a plane flies through trying to take out some footsoldiers and subsequently explodes sending debris everywhere :lol: ... looks like a blast if all vehicles are present with large amounts of people.
:grouphug: :360: :ps3: :wii: :pc: :grouphug:

#27 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2007 - 05:12 PM

Wait, you people would pay $20 for a downloadable multi-player game? The pricing struture baffles me. They gave us GT:HD for free.

I guess for $20, I want a disc and some cover art or something....times are changing though.

#28 H.Cornerstone

H.Cornerstone

LaserCannonDethSentence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2007 - 05:32 PM

This game will be way way more in depth than GT:Hd, and at 20$, would be a much better deal than all those VC 10$ rip offs.

#29 trq

trq

I *am* the reinforcements

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2007 - 05:44 PM

Umm, so how am I supposed to get a feel for the game or practice?

Online play is going to be really shitty because everyone will be ground zero, NEWBIES, except for a few "!337" flight simulator junkies and 3d shooter fans.

Well, at least with sixaxis control, everybody should be on even ground, control-wise.

EDIT: Oop. Just noticed dual analog controls are there. Nevermind. Your point remains.

#30 trq

trq

I *am* the reinforcements

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2007 - 05:48 PM

This game will be way way more in depth than GT:Hd, and at 20$, would be a much better deal than all those VC 10$ rip offs.

Really? And you would know its depth compared to GT:HD ... how?

I mean, isn't the lesson here that we shouldn't wet our panties too much ahead of time because ... you know ... single-player might actually suck so bad they drop it and release the game multi-player only? Way to not take anything from this.