Super Paper Mario or Mario Party 8 - $39.99+$1SHIP@ FamilyVideo.com

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 Viol8tor

Viol8tor

Go Lakers!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2007 - 02:46 AM

FamilyVideo.com has the new Paper Mario for the Wii at $44.99 (OOS)
http://shop.famvid.c...ducts_id=270351

Mario Party 8 - $44.99:
http://shop.famvid.c...ducts_id=267641

New Users to the website can use a -$5 coupon code: NEWGWMEM for orders of $5 or more. Shipping on all orders is $1!

So your total would be $40.99. Probably one of the best deals that doesn't include GCO.\\:D/

NOTE:
This product will be in stock and ready to ship on Tuesday 10 April, 2007.

Edit: Forgot to add what the coupon does.

#2 RudyPants

RudyPants

Zombie on my lawn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2007 - 03:32 AM

Sweet deal. If I had a Wii I would definately buy this. I loved the N64 version and I'm sure this one will be awesome.

#3 SilverPaw750

SilverPaw750

WHARRGARBL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2007 - 03:33 AM

I'm tempted, but I'm going to pony up the extra $10 at retail so I don't have to wait for it to ship to my house. I simply need this game that badly.

Posted Image

#4 Kirra

Kirra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2007 - 03:34 AM

I haven't used my GCO $10 off... does familyvideo use GCO?

#5 OuTrAgE

OuTrAgE

Senior Llama

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2007 - 03:35 AM

Awesome, I've been looking for a non-GCO deal. I don't mind waiting a few days to save $12.

Thanks OP.
Posted Image

#6 ratpimples

ratpimples

Posted 05 April 2007 - 03:36 AM

thanks, although the 5-10 business days might kill me..

#7 RiskyChris

RiskyChris

Posted 05 April 2007 - 03:38 AM

Wow that's a pretty good deal. Can I handle being without the game for x days? Probably, the semester is drawing to an end and I'll be gone the entire weekend after this game is out.

Thanks OP.

#8 burningrom2

burningrom2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2007 - 03:52 AM

ordered it! thanks

#9 fatbeer

fatbeer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2007 - 03:57 AM

they got some good games for sale without google checkout. i'm not sure what state family video are in, so tax will be apply to states with family video location

(price after shipping and coupon)

preorder pokemon diamond $26
http://shop.famvid.c...ducts_id=268459

preorder pokemon pearl $26
http://shop.famvid.c...ducts_id=268460

lost in blue 2 $23.64
http://shop.famvid.c...ducts_id=268486

lunar knights $23.64
http://shop.famvid.c...ducts_id=230408

phoenix wright justice for all $23.64
http://shop.famvid.c...ducts_id=266549

final fantasy fables $23
http://shop.famvid.c...ducts_id=268864
Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Quarkus

Quarkus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:10 AM

Thanks OP. Just bought a copy.

#11 Sirusjr

Sirusjr

Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:21 AM

Just to make sure its clear that you can only use the code once per account. I tried to use it on two separate orders so I could get both chocobo tales and diamond for the prices fatbeer listed but it wouldn't work a second time.

#12 fk51785

fk51785

Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:28 AM

thinking about getting it for my wii.
but i might wait for some reviews or
try it at local gs or ebg.

#13 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:41 AM

Holy shit. Gonna pick this up. It's almost certain that the price will not go any lower than this for a few years knowing Nintendo. And I don't need it THAT badly so the cheap shipping is fine with me. If it sucks dick I can always sell it and recoup my costs. Thanks.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#14 Viol8tor

Viol8tor

Go Lakers!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:45 AM

I haven't used my GCO $10 off... does familyvideo use GCO?

Dont think so, searched for it on the site and found nothing. Just PayPal.

they got some good games for sale without google checkout. i'm not sure what state family video are in, so tax will be apply to states with family video location

If you go to there Location site, you can see what States they are located. (Not in California, yay!)

http://www.familyvid...m/locations.php

#15 cleaver

cleaver

You have 0 friends

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2007 - 04:58 AM

$1 cheaper than CDUniverse
The trade list is long, but distinguished.
http://theskinnypost.blogspot.com
Posted Image
This would be a fine death... if I hadn't run out of tokens.

#16 mykee98

mykee98

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2007 - 05:04 AM

sweet i want this game bad but since i have a backlog of games i havent even unwrapped right now i think a week or more won't be so bad to wait.

#17 avatar94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2007 - 06:04 AM

Fuck!!! I just ordered it from CDUniverse yesterday with the $10 off $30. I could have saved 95 cents!!!!!!!!
:booty:
Actually I am a little sad about wasting the use of the coupon but whatever. Maybe I'll find something else at familyvideo.

#18 LonelyController

LonelyController

lonelycontroller.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2007 - 06:08 AM

Thanks, in for one.

#19 bostonfrontier

bostonfrontier

Pierce - Garnett - Allen

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2007 - 06:48 AM

In for one........ this saves me tax as well

#20 avatar94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2007 - 07:15 AM

Hmmm... I see they have Chocobo Tales for $26.99. Maybe I'll use the coupon to get that instead since I already preordered Super Paper Pario. The $5 off and no tax would still save me $4 + some change compared to Best Buy with GGC + tax.

Anyone else find any other good deals here?

#21 soccerstud652

soccerstud652

J-E-T-S JETSJETSJETS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2007 - 07:31 AM

Is family video reliable?
My eBay link.
I am PayPal verified and have 100% feedback since June 2004.

#22 thecd1

thecd1

Posted 05 April 2007 - 07:37 AM

wow Viol, you just made my girlfriend REALLY happy and she doesn't even know it yet. thanks for the heads up man :applause:

#23 LonelyController

LonelyController

lonelycontroller.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2007 - 07:51 AM

^that sounds so wrong!

I dont know, but they are mentioned several times in the CAG Foreplay on the front page.

#24 chair_home

chair_home

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2007 - 01:16 PM

I've done a search on this forum, and a lot of people have said they're very reliable, with a few saying they're a little slow. I guess its kind of a crapshoot, but with the odds in your favor. I'm still trying to decide if saving almost $15 is worth waiting a few days to play it (I'm guessing it is).

#25 Jasonofindy

Jasonofindy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2007 - 01:22 PM

Yes. They are not some small internet startup company that could fold tomorrow and take your money and CC data. They are a very large chain with brick and mortar stores spanning the Midwest. Their strength as a store is based on the fact that they truly are a store for the whole family and have things for everyone. Lots of kids movies (many of which are free rentals if rented at the same time as new release movies for mom and dad), large video game sections, large mainstream sections, and unlike most chains, most of their stores even have large "adult/XXX" sections in a seperate room. The only thing they really lack is a strong import section.

As far as their online store, the website is functional if not pretty. I've gotten in on two of these preorder specials Gears of War and Rainbow Six: Vegas and have been happy both times. However, their free (or in this case) $1 shipping is parcel post if I remember correctly. Since I live in the Midwest near there internet distribution point I've received both of my games within a day or two of the street date. (It was harder to tell with Gears which seemed to have no consistent street date between stores) HOWEVER, I have read many complaints from those on the left coast of 7-10 day shipping times. With parcel post you just never know.

#26 chair_home

chair_home

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2007 - 01:34 PM

I went ahead and ordered it. I was going to wait for Tuesday because they have that "in before 2pm or get a $20 gift card" at CC, but if they don't get it there, I'll still be able to get the gift card, and if it is there, Mario will just be taunting me on the cover.

No tax and $10 off is worth it. The game will still be the same even if you are playing it a few days later.

#27 Snake2715

Snake2715

Gotta Have Your Toys...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2007 - 01:37 PM

I received my package from them and was very happy.

I say go for it.
-Josh

Posted Image
-courtesy of onetrackmind-

TRADE LIST

#28 MrDiamondJ

MrDiamondJ

Empire State of Mind

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2007 - 01:42 PM

I didn't want to spend the full $50 on what is essentially a GameCube game (that isn't Zelda). SPM should be a GREAT game though. Like a classic Mario platformer, but with some crazy perspective-shifting gameplay thrown in, and your typical Paper Mario humor.

Thanks, OP.

#29 RiskyChris

RiskyChris

Posted 05 April 2007 - 01:46 PM

I wanted to throw my hat in the ring. I live in the midwest, and my family (lol) has been using a B&M FV store for years now. I have no experience with their online segment, but I can attest that they are a legit company.

#30 bostonfrontier

bostonfrontier

Pierce - Garnett - Allen

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2007 - 01:47 PM

Family Video is very reliable..... I've ordered tons of games from them back when they have the $5 off ( Gears of War, castlevania, Final Fantasy IV ) and they've all arrived within 2 weeks.