• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 06 April 2007 - 03:47 AM

CheapyD is down with OPP!
If you are interested in hearing me on Other People's Podcasts, you are in luck! I recently appeared as a guest for the full hour on Joystiq Podcast #4. I also showed up as a guest (along with Jessica Chobot ) on the second half of Destructoid's Podtoid #20, but don't just fast forward, there is a special surprise at the beginning.

#2 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2007 - 03:55 AM

About time! I'm downloading these right away.

Edit: Why was Wombat not invited?

#3 rodeojones903

rodeojones903

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2007 - 03:56 AM

Jessica Chobot :drool:

#4 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2007 - 04:08 AM

Jessica Chobot :drool:

I actually had to google this to see who she was, and I'm sorry I did. She looks ok, but she seems to be really lacking in the brains dept, and comes off as an attention whore.

I called my lady friend last night and said my buddy had to beat off on my chest, she is kinda pissed at me, but it was the best idea I had all night, and I stand by it.

Posted Image

#5 streamjoseph01

streamjoseph01

Posted 06 April 2007 - 05:03 AM

The destructoid podcast was a serious waste of my time. You were great Cheapy but those guys used way too much profanity for my taste. And spending more than half of their time talking about how wasted they got during GDC did not help one bit. I especially hated how that Jessica gal was trying too hard to be one of the guys, cussing and trying to match the drunken escapades of that one annoying dude.

The Joystick podcast on the other hand was excellent.

#6 hcamacho

hcamacho

Leto II "The Tyrant"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2007 - 05:17 AM

The destructoid podcast was a serious waste of my time. You were great Cheapy but those guys used way too much profanity for my taste. And spending more than half of their time talking about how wasted they got during GDC did not help one bit. I especially hated how that Jessica gal was trying too hard to be one of the guys, cussing and trying to match the drunken escapades of that one annoying dude.

Yes the destructoid podcast was a waste of time, still havent listened to the joystiq one, though.......
Posted Image

#7 Grave_Addiction

Grave_Addiction

The Sega Nerd

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2007 - 05:18 AM

I usually can't muster the Podtoid for very long as it seems to be bunch of yelling and cursing in my ear for an hour or so.

If I wanted that, I'd just listen to my wife.

Follow me on Twitter @airforcewriter

Listen to The Bit Loaders Show here!

#8 weevles

weevles

Posted 06 April 2007 - 05:26 AM

Glad I'm not the only one who didn't really enjoy the Destructoid podcast. Cheapy was fine, and the beginning part reeked of awesomeness, but those Destructoid guys are too "college retard" for my taste. I don't mind the expletives so much, but if I wanted to listen to "dude, I was soooo drunk off my ass" and "how I partied at such and such" for 45 minutes straight I would go back to my old fraternity. Did they even talk about games? I just tuned out after a while.

#9 Richlough

Richlough

Posted 06 April 2007 - 05:53 AM

Cool ! You know I've been waiting for this to surface .

card.pngl1.gif

#10 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 06 April 2007 - 06:10 AM

Cool ! You know I've been waiting for this to surface .

The Joystiq podcast is actually the second one I've recorded with them. The other one is officially a "lost episode". I think we talked about it at the start of #4.

#11 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2007 - 12:31 PM

Joystiq one is not too bad so far, I'm about half way through it. It's a little slow paced and it takes a while for the host to get into a groove. Hit or miss for me. The other host, the one with the accent, couldn't be more annoying. Comes across as a real gaming snob. I think he had a crush on you Cheapy since he kept making fun of everything you said.

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#12 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2007 - 12:57 PM

I especially hated how that Jessica gal was trying too hard to be one of the guys, cussing and trying to match the drunken escapades of that one annoying dude.

This is how she comes across in everything I read about her, and some interviews.

I called my lady friend last night and said my buddy had to beat off on my chest, she is kinda pissed at me, but it was the best idea I had all night, and I stand by it.

Posted Image

#13 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2007 - 01:09 PM

About time! I'm downloading these right away.

Edit: Why was Wombat not invited?

Why the Fuck do people ask that anytime Cheapy does ANYTHING outside of the CAG realm? They're not attached at the hip.
Posted Image

#14 jrutz

jrutz

An OG CAG since the Early Aughts

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2007 - 01:15 PM

Heh, on the Chobot:

...a girl is only as hot as the words coming out of her mouth. A hot girl automatically loses points the minute she starts debating whether the Xbox is better than the PS2. Video games are cool, not hot, and talking about them in public makes you a geek. And no one wants to date a geek, because they are annoying, lack social skills and smell funny. See? Jessica isn’t that hot anymore.

http://www.spotanime...ect-gamer-girl/

#15 johnnypark

johnnypark

Farewell My Viking!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2007 - 01:37 PM

The only thing I know about her is that she loves FFVIII (according to the IGN interview that Google gave me) and she's rather hot:
Posted Image

I haven't listened to the Podcast yet, though, so if she comes off as bad as some of you have said, then I'll probably be in agreement. Til then all I know is she shares a love for my favorite RPG.
Selling both CoD: Black Ops Declassified and Resistance: Burning Skies for $40 shipped. Check my trade list or PM me!

:3ds: 2363-5670-6657
My Trade List

Feedback on Ebay

Twitter

#16 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2007 - 02:08 PM

The only thing I know about her is that she loves FFVIII (according to the IGN interview that Google gave me) and she's rather hot:
Posted Image

Look at the real pictures of her in the IGN interview... I thought at first the picture you linked to was someone different, because that picture is touched up in a big way. She's ok, but I just think it's retarded she's getting on a podcast because she just happens to be a girl who likes video games who is reasonably attractive.

Posted Image

Sorry Cheapy, I had to turn the Destructoid podcast off, it was pretty horrible.

Posted Image

#17 Snake2715

Snake2715

Gotta Have Your Toys...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2007 - 02:18 PM

Ok what is up with her spray on tan? Half her right arm is a natural color and the top half is tan...

Anyway I havent listened to the podcasts. Its pretty cool that this site has done so well for Cheapy though.
-Josh

Posted Image
-courtesy of onetrackmind-

TRADE LIST

#18 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2007 - 03:13 PM

Why the Fuck do people ask that anytime Cheapy does ANYTHING outside of the CAG realm? They're not attached at the hip.

yes we are I was just napping at the time

#19 chrisgrant

chrisgrant

Posted 06 April 2007 - 03:24 PM

Thanks! I hear the Joystiq podcast is pretty good too. ;)

Joystiq one is not too bad so far, I'm about half way through it. It's a little slow paced and it takes a while for the host to get into a groove. Hit or miss for me. The other host, the one with the accent, couldn't be more annoying. Comes across as a real gaming snob. I think he had a crush on you Cheapy since he kept making fun of everything you said.

(Morris County, NJ FTW!) -- Wait, you're saying I got into a groove?! Before the half-way point? Impossible! And Ludwig is an annoying gaming snob, but he's our annoying gaming snob -- I think he sounds like the mutant hybrid of a gamer and a food critic.

And big ups to Cheapy for making the time ... again! Oh, and Wombat, he only mentioned you once. Just sayin'. :D

#20 linkpwns

linkpwns

Oh hey guys

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2007 - 03:25 PM

That must be pretty difficult to do... like, it would hurt the skin connecting you too together

My sister wants to go see a craptastic movie, so I'm happy that I will have something to listen to...

It seems like the Joystiq one would be the one to listen to though
Posted Image

#21 kaw

kaw

Want some rye?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2007 - 04:05 PM

These make me appreciate the CAGcast that much more... snoozefests.

#22 bobthecat23

bobthecat23

Més que un Club

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2007 - 04:22 PM

yeah the joystiq is better then the dtoid one noofence dtoid cheapy hope u dont get a broken guitar i got one :(

Posted Image

#23 bobo2k4

bobo2k4

OooSplendiforous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2007 - 05:02 PM

I liked the intro and that was about it.
Posted Image
Props to Ozzkev for the sig.

#24 jollydwarf

jollydwarf

America's #1 Poster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2007 - 05:45 PM

If I can't see The Chobot, I have no need for her.

My dream podcast is one with Cheapy/Wombat and "Lukems", be they guests of one another's, guests of a third party's, or a one-off 'Marvel Team-Up'. I don't know what would happen, but I'm pretty sure it would be some sort of awesome.
"I like whipped cream a lot. I'll put whipped cream on anything."--Jessica Alba

Backlog at CRITICAL MASS...Backlog at CRITICAL MASS...Backlog at...

"What, you're still here? The post's over. Log off. Shoo! Shoo!"

#25 Thunderscope

Thunderscope

too cheap for a title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 April 2007 - 08:17 PM

I really enjoyed the Joystick one, but the Destructoid One SUCKED!!! It sounds like some 13 year old kids who wanted to be rebels made it.
-Cheap Ass Gamer Addict-

#26 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 06 April 2007 - 10:25 PM

Oh, and Wombat, he only mentioned you once. Just sayin'. :D

I can't believe you really did edit it out....bastard. ;)

#27 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2007 - 12:04 AM

Which one is the evil one?
Posted Image

#28 milkham

milkham

Master Massaginist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2007 - 12:46 AM

what sort of background does a name like Chobot come from? When she first started working for IGN i thought it was a fake name to keep crazy fanboys from finding her and making her lick their psps.
Posted Image
^^^^^That is Waka Inoue^^^^^^

Check My List | [url=http://flickr.com/photos/milkman/]My Flickr Page |

#29 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2007 - 02:15 AM

Which one is the evil one?

I'm flattered that you had to ask

#30 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 April 2007 - 02:31 AM

Perhaps because Wombat is equally as deserving to be a guest on other podcasts maybe?