Photo
- - - - -

Target Clearance Thread - Mark VIII

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
556 replies to this topic

#1 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 02:27 PM

Part VII thread over here:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=125767

Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads* (Links Coming)

Winter 2k6 thread
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items disappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

-Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pertaining to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.
(This includes all of the bitching and whining that always inflates the size of the T Clearance Thread)

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

Keep it on topic or your post may be deleted to prune down the thread size.

#2 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 07:21 PM

Just curious if anyone in the Tampa Bay area has found Hitman Blood Money PC for $7.48 yet?

It's been about two weeks since I last checked any of the Saint Petersburg stores, and it was $20.98 last time I checked.

I called my lady friend last night and said my buddy had to beat off on my chest, she is kinda pissed at me, but it was the best idea I had all night, and I stand by it.

Posted Image

#3 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 07:21 PM

Perhaps someone could try gathering a list of stuff that's been clearanced this go around? :P

#4 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 08:29 PM

:360:
99 Nights
Arcade Unplugged
Blitz
Burnout Revenge
Chromehounds
Dead Rising
DOA 4
DOAX 2
Far Cry
Hitman Blood Money
Kameo
Lord of the Rings BfME
Moto GP 06
Outfit
Pimp My Ride
Prey
Table Tennis
Tomb Raider Legend
Xmen III

:wii:
Ant Bully
Barnyard
Billy & Mandy
Cars
Chicken Little
Excite Truck
GT Pro Racer
Monster 4x4
Open Season
Poker
Splinter Cell
Spongebob Crusty Crab

:ds:
Danny Phantom
Metroid Prime Pinball
Need For Speed Carbon
Super Mario 64
Suduko
Viewtiful Joe

Prices are YMMV, but generally are under $25. Kameo is the cheapest at $7.48 in some places, and $14.98 at others. I'm sure there's more, but this is a start and copied from the VII thread. Also, as posted in another thread, Viva Pinata has been found for $19.99 at various Target's across the country.

Big thanks to io!

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#5 io

io

Posted 09 April 2007 - 08:36 PM

^^^^ Thanks, saved me the trouble of finding that post ;).

Note also that of all those games, many are not likely to be clearanced at any given Target. Besides some of the DS ones which seem to be universal (Danny Phantom and NFSC in particular), Kameo is the most likely. After that, if your Target has any of the Wii games clearanced it is likely to be Chicken Little and Barnyard only, with the others clearanced in rare cases. The rest of the 360 games (besides Kameo) seem to be even more rare (to find on clearance).

Just wanted to make that clear so new people reading this thread don't get all PO'd when they find most of these games at full price, as they are at my local Target ;).

#6 EvyLou

EvyLou

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:02 PM

stopped at a "Wii-only clearance" Target in Greenfield, WI and saw there were still some Billy and Mandy in the Wii case with 34.98 stickers from the 30% drop. last time i scanned them they were 50%, but this week they finally dropped to 12.48 or 75%. not sure why that one game was 2+ weeks behind Barnyard, Chicken Little, Ant Bully, etc. that's all they had left.......and probably only because they hadn't been properly tagged. glad i brought along my UPC sheet, although i wonder if they still would have been there for one last drop.

#7 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:25 PM

Except that list is missing every PC game clearance... which is usual for CAG to skip that sort of thing.

PC:

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
Prey
Doom 3
Hitman Blood Money
Civilization 4 Warlords
Condemned
Dreamfall The Longest Journey
Civcity Rome
Caesar IV
Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne
Left Behind

I'm probably missing a few... most of these games should be $15 and under by now, with many being $7.50. None of these games should be YMMV as being on clearance (but price will vary) as I saw all of these multiple times at multiple Target's.

I called my lady friend last night and said my buddy had to beat off on my chest, she is kinda pissed at me, but it was the best idea I had all night, and I stand by it.

Posted Image

#8 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:35 PM

Except that list is missing every PC game clearance... which is usual for CAG to skip that sort of thing.

PC:

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
Prey
Doom 3
Hitman Blood Money
Civilization 4 Warlords
Condemned
Dreamfall The Longest Journey
Civcity Rome
Caesar IV
Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne
Left Behind

I'm probably missing a few... most of these games should be $15 and under by now, with many being $7.50. None of these games should be YMMV as being on clearance (but price will vary) as I saw all of these multiple times at multiple Target's.

Mac user. ;)

Cause I'm sick of seeing ghosts, and I know how it's all gonna end

There's no triumph waiting, there's no sunset to ride off in

We all want to be great men, there's nothing romantic about it

I just want to know that I did all I could with what I was given

I just want to sell out my funeral.

I just want to be enough for everyone.

#9 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:37 PM

All of my local Targets have Dark Messiah at 19.98. So shop with care.
Posted Image

It was a smooth ride.

#10 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:38 PM

All of my local Targets have Dark Messiah at 19.98. So shop with care.

Weird, I've seen it at $7.48, $14.98, and $9.98... it should be pretty dirt cheap by this time, regardless of store since it's been on clearance for awhile now.

Posted Image

#11 BigDirty

BigDirty

Moderator Emeritus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:43 PM

Hackensack, NJ (Hackensack Ave)
Condemed (PC) - $4.98
Plantasia (PC) - $9.98
Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 botticus

botticus

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:47 PM

Wow, Excite Truck is on the list? What have people been finding that for?

#13 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 10:01 PM

Charlotte's Web PC is also on clearance, as well as the Disney PC pack with Nemo and Incredibles

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#14 grendel19

grendel19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 10:20 PM

So is Splinter Cell: Double Agent and Warhammer: Mark of Chaos. Both for PC.

Playing:
:pc: Dead Space 3; Fallout New Vegas (on break)
:ps3:
:360: Halo 2
Feedbacks: CAG | Heat | ebay

#15 gorgo

gorgo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 10:34 PM

Picked up an XBL 12 month card (old style) for $24.98. They have a few left at the Flower Mound, TX store.

#16 badramen

badramen

Posted 09 April 2007 - 10:55 PM

I'm assuming that calling my local Target and asking them to tell me the prices on some of these won't get 100% correct results as they will probably look at the sticker price?

#17 sickman

sickman

Bringer of Light

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 10:59 PM

Picked up an XBL 12 month card (old style) for $24.98. They have a few left at the Flower Mound, TX store.

Really? I was there last week and saw a few that rang up 34.95 or something close to that. Was that the sticker price?

#18 io

io

Posted 09 April 2007 - 11:00 PM

I'm assuming that calling my local Target and asking them to tell me the prices on some of these won't get 100% correct results as they will probably look at the sticker price?

Ugh, I tried to do that at a store that I KNEW had a game on clearance - I was just trying to see if it dropped last week to the next level. The guy went and looked for the game, which I knew he wouldn't find. Then when I gave him the UPC (after much misunderstanding - he thought I was ASKING for the UPC) he said that item is invalid. I went in the store the next day and my UPC scanned just fine, turned out the game (Kameo) had dropped :roll:. So, yeah, very low likelihood of getting an accurate quote by calling.

Botticus - I think one person reported Excite Truck at $24.98 or so. That seems to be one of the least likely to be on sale. We had that one report and no more so I'm not sure it was even valid. I just put every *possible* game on that list - anything that had even 1 report, just in case these start showing up on clearance at more stores.

#19 badramen

badramen

Posted 09 April 2007 - 11:15 PM

Meh, I said what the hell and called Target. The electronics guys didn't sound like he wanted to be there. I asked him the price of Barnyard and he said $44.99 and I asked if he could check the system and he sounded reluctant but said okay. Within two seconds, he told me the same price, obviously B.S.ing my request. Fucking help these days.

#20 io

io

Posted 09 April 2007 - 11:19 PM

Meh, I said what the hell and called Target. The electronics guys didn't sound like he wanted to be there. I asked him the price of Barnyard and he said $44.99 and I asked if he could check the system and he sounded reluctant but said okay. Within two seconds, he told me the same price, obviously B.S.ing my request. Fucking help these days.

Well, actually, it's probably an indication that it is not on clearance if he quoted you the $44.99 because that is a "regular" sale price that stores have it at if it is not on clearance. So I'd say chances are he was right.

#21 badramen

badramen

Posted 09 April 2007 - 11:36 PM

Ah. The said guy is still lame. :P Oh well.

#22 Dr Mario Kart

Dr Mario Kart

SD/2D Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 11:42 PM

Do price changes still happen early in the week rather than later, like Monday or Tuesday?

#23 io

io

Posted 09 April 2007 - 11:50 PM

Ah. The said guy is still lame. :P Oh well.

Wait, I just noticed you are in OR (unless that is just a joke ;)). Tell me which store you called and maybe I can tell you if they are "participating" or not. I've been to at least half the stores in OR (there's less than you'd think here).

#24 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2007 - 11:52 PM

Do price changes still happen early in the week rather than later, like Monday or Tuesday?

In my experience, it's always been Monday, and very very rarely a Tuesday.

The last few weeks I've been waiting for games, it always happened on Monday.

Posted Image

#25 badramen

badramen

Posted 09 April 2007 - 11:58 PM

Wait, I just noticed you are in OR (unless that is just a joke ;)). Tell me which store you called and maybe I can tell you if they are "participating" or not. I've been to at least half the stores in OR (there's less than you'd think here).

I do indeed live in Oregon. I called the one by the Gateway Mall in Springfield.
FYI, I like pi(e).

#26 io

io

Posted 10 April 2007 - 12:04 AM

I do indeed live in Oregon. I called the one by the Gateway Mall in Springfield.

Ah, OK, well I'm up near Portland. Only one of the 6 or 7 stores I checked up here had ANY of the 360 or Wii games on clearance and they only had Kameo, Chicken Little, and Barnyard, all of which are now long gone. Hopefully the rest of the Targets will clearance out the same games as more new stuff comes in - though they certainly don't need the space as most have vast empty areas within their cases.

#27 badramen

badramen

Posted 10 April 2007 - 12:09 AM

I'm most likely going to actually go to Target sometime this week. Is there anyway I can check the actual prices myself without hassling the pissy clerk to scan each one or am I doomed to a fate of the clerk giving the eye the entire time?

#28 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2007 - 12:41 AM

You can follow the OP to get a printout of a UPC code you can scan into the reader.

But it's been my experience in the past year that the Target employees, at least in about 10 Target's around here, are tagging things on clearance as soon as they go on clearance, and doing a semi decent job retagging them.

Posted Image

#29 nonggame

nonggame

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:56 AM

ummm I went to Target today and guess what on clearance ? Well lot of PS2 memory card ( SONY ) for 12.98 so good luck and check your local Target
Posted Image

#30 Flying PJ

Flying PJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2007 - 02:01 AM

ummm I went to Target today and guess what on clearance ? Well lot of PS2 memory card ( SONY ) for 12.98 so good luck and check your local Target

I definetley need to stop by Target then. I need one soon. Thanks. :)