Photo
- - - - -

Circuit City offers $20 if they don't have Super Paper Mario by (after?) 2pm today

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 catapult37

catapult37

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2007 - 12:26 PM

http://arstechnica.c...-promotion-ever

I figure odds are low they'll have to give out many gift cards, but maybe if you organize a group of friends to buy up their stock, you can split the proceeds. :-)

BTW, anyone calling this the best launch promotion ever clearly didn't hear about the Sony Bravias at the London PS3 launch...

Edit: the terms of the deal seem a little ambiguous, but...
If you check out the weekly ad on their website and magify in to the small print, there are two footnotes related to this deal:

- Offer valid this week only for select video game new releases on the advertised release day to close of business. In-store only.
- Gift card good for future purchases only. Terms and conditions are applied to gift card.

To me, that sounds like I can go in at 8:55 tonight and claim a gift card if they're out of SPM...
Posted Image

Xbox Live: catapult27
Now playing: Batman AA, The Witcher
Need to Finish: Far Cry 2
Up Next: InFamous 2 (hype!!)

#2 Dr Mario Kart

Dr Mario Kart

SD/2D Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2007 - 12:30 PM

I figured guaranteeing that their shipment comes in by 2 and guaranteeing that they will have stock all day are two different things entirely

#3 PyroGamer

PyroGamer

Posted 10 April 2007 - 12:31 PM

Huh? What does this mean? If they sell out after 2pm then they won't give you $20, according to the clause you put in this thread title.

How does this really work?

#4 KingofOldSchool

KingofOldSchool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2007 - 12:40 PM

I think if they don't have the game out on shelves by 2pm, you'll get the $20 card. But if they already put it out and it's sold out, then you're SOL.

#5 catapult37

catapult37

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2007 - 12:40 PM

If you check out the weekly ad on their website and magify in to the small print, there are two footnotes related to this deal:

- Offer valid this week only for select video game new releases on the advertised release day to close of business. In-store only.
- Gift card good for future purchases only. Terms and conditions are applied to gift card.

To me, that sounds like I can go in at 8:55 tonight and claim a gift card if they're out of SPM...
Posted Image

Xbox Live: catapult27
Now playing: Batman AA, The Witcher
Need to Finish: Far Cry 2
Up Next: InFamous 2 (hype!!)

#6 Dr Mario Kart

Dr Mario Kart

SD/2D Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2007 - 12:41 PM

I just figured if you lived somewhere with inclement weather, there'd be a chance that the shipment would be delayed and they wouldnt be able to put it out on the floor by 2pm. Otherwise, no dice.

#7 botticus

botticus

Posted 10 April 2007 - 12:48 PM

With Circuit City's track record, the odds aren't all that bad they don't have their shipment by 2pm. But notice the "by 2pm" part. That excludes any sort of sell-out situation. If it sold out, they already had the game by 2pm. Promotion over. I'll probably take a lunch and see if I can swing by a little after 2, just for fun.

#8 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:25 PM

Best of the Sunday Ads Video Game Deals (4/8-4/14)
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=132058