Advance Wars Dual Strike NDS $19.82 @ Walmart YMMV

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 phear3d

phear3d

NorAm = Fraud

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2007 - 12:25 AM

I was there today and found Advance Wars Dual Strike for $19.82. Not so great of a deal compare to when they cleared them at target awhile back for $4.98. ymmv as your local walmart might not even carry them anymore. nothing else to report, still lookin for katamari for psp for $5 :(

#2 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2007 - 12:55 AM

It's a decent deal. It seems to be Ebaying for almost double that amount at times for some odd reason.
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#3 phear3d

phear3d

NorAm = Fraud

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2007 - 01:01 AM

It's a decent deal. It seems to be Ebaying for almost double that amount at times for some odd reason.

yeah its oop now thats why. though you can still buy em used at EB for less than $30 sometimes. good luck to anyone who finds it.

#4 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2007 - 01:17 AM

I thought this game is $10 at Kmart. I didn't know the game is $30-ish for Pre-owned.
"Evil is Funs"

#5 Poolking99

Poolking99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2007 - 01:48 AM

regardless of how quality of a deal you can find on this game, it is surely a game worth checking out. Anyone who likes strategy games, or enjoyed the GBA version, this is more complex and more challenging. One of my favorite DS games.

#6 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 18 May 2007 - 02:53 AM

I doubt its YMMV, since there was a universal price drop to $20 on this game almost 12 months ago.

I feel sorry for anyone than couldn't find it for cheap, since I've seen it at Kmart & Circuit Citys in the past for $9...lots of them.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 Nemo_Hyde

Nemo_Hyde

Retired Gentleman Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2007 - 02:57 PM

The reason its YMMV is that its rare... a lot of replay value, so those that have it generally hold it.

$18 used at GS/EB, $19.99 New GS/EB

$30-40 on ebay (used/new)

$35-60 on amazon (Used/new)
"It is terrible to contemplate how few politicians are hanged" -G.K. Chesterton

#8 Kyattsuai

Kyattsuai

Impostor Cheapass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2007 - 07:46 PM

I remember getting AWDS last year at CC for $9. I played the hell out of it last summer, but I also bought 4 or 5 other games during that sale I hardly ever touched, so it wasn't too much of a deal in the grand scheme of things.
Posted Image

#9 Ctl-Alt-l33t

Ctl-Alt-l33t

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:17 PM

Nothing else to add except the fact that this is an amazing game. Get it if you find it.

#10 dragonreborn23

dragonreborn23

Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:21 PM

Word.

:lol:

#11 Boolean

Boolean

Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:50 PM

Urgh... I still can't find a copy of this game, no matter where I look, and I am fundamentally opposed to paying $40 for an old, possibly used, game.