Official Haze Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
297 replies to this topic

#1 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2007 - 01:47 PM

Word on the street is that this is a PS3 exclusive now. Not so sure if it is only a timed one or if it will only appear on the PS3 OR if it is even true... yet.

Offical Website.

Posted Image

Ign Preveiw. May 22, '07

IGN Video section

More images and gameplay videos from UbiDays.
May 23, '07

Kotaku Impressions + images/videos May 23, '07

"Mantel Corp website"
Posted Image

Mantel Corp. Weaponry

* Wilson KV-5 Pistol - built-in laser sight and carries 18 round in the magazine.

* JN-402 Anti-Personnel Assault Rifle - fires armour-piercing depleted-Uranium shells. Can be seen in use in the second set of shots.

* JN34-A (Rifle/SMG?) - only seen in the early screenshots, this weapon has a 70-round capacity and may be able to be fitted with a scope. Possibly a sub-machine gun, assault rifle or maybe an AR/shotgun combo.

* F-387 Rocket Launcher - looks like a single-shot weapon, with a fold-out screen allowing a missile-eye view of the target in flight.

* Grenades - only seen in screenshots (HUD) and mentioned in previews, these look like regular HE pinapples at present.

FAQ, more after going to this link.

HAZE Q&A with Rob Yescombe, Script Writer; Derek Littlewood, Team Leader and Steve Ellis, Director of Free Radical

When will the game HAZE be available?

[DL] HAZE will release in fall 2007.

Who is developing the game?
[DL] HAZE is being developed by Free Radical Design - the company behind the critically acclaimed TimeSplitters series. Ubisoft is the publisher of HAZE.

5/26
Late update, but here is cam footage of gameplay from Ubi Days.

5/29
Dev Interview

The game of Haze is set over a three-day period, and Doak stated that while the game will have advanced A.I. to play alongside you, Haze is all about cooperative play. “If you play online, to me, it’s always the cooperative kills are always the things you remember, or the cooperative f***-ups.” As you play four-player cooperative, if someone drops out an A.I. character will take over. Whether or not you’ll then be able to swap someone else in automatically, or have some sort of drop-in-drop-out cooperative isn’t clear at the moment, and Free Radical is still wrestling with the PlayStation Network to see if it can handle it. >>More info at link above<<

6/1/2007

Free Radical wants to make you very uncomfortable

Future-war shooter Haze will team you up with some alarmingly outspoken AI comrades, promises David Doak, co-founder of developer Free Radical. Haze's mercenary-military action will put you in some very uncomfortable situations, but if you hesitate for a second your tooled-up soldier 'buddies' are going to be hassling you mercilessly. >>More info at link above<<

6/10/07

Fan lists some features of game found in OPSM magazine.

*NEW* 7/7/07

New blog post about details on Mantel, their weapons/armor and so on.

*NEW* 7/8/07

Demo/Walkthrough video.

2ic4l5j.jpg

#2 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2007 - 04:22 PM

I saw it somewhere, I'll try to track it down... But I think this game will have 4-Player ONLINE Co-op.

2ic4l5j.jpg

#3 Serpentor

Serpentor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2007 - 05:06 PM

Thanks NamPaehc :)

i kinda start off the Haze thread, but got no replies. I guess, i didn't put out enough pics and links.

It's cool game IMO, of course, it's pretty much a Halo for PS3 and i'm not complaining.

#4 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2007 - 06:12 PM

Looks great, I'm sure I'll end up buying it when it comes out.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#5 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2007 - 06:25 PM

Isn't this the game that they said couldn't be done on a console... if so; then I can't wait to see how well it turns out for the ps3, and

#6 trq

trq

I *am* the reinforcements

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2007 - 10:52 PM

Word on the street is that this is a PS3 exclusive now. Not so sure if it is only a timed one or if it will only appear on the PS3 OR if it is even true... yet.

http://www.gamespot....newstop;title;1

The PS3 is the "lead platform" in 2007, presumably with PC and 360 to follow next year.

I'd guess that Free Radical was looking at a fall/winter release date and knew that going up against an 800 lb gorilla on the 360 was a bad idea ... so why not release it then on a platform that doesn't have a Halo they need to worry about, and next year on the 360, once Halo is giving other shooters some breathing room? A pretty good plan on their part.

#7 nonggame

nonggame

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2007 - 06:02 AM

This game looks badass. Hope it plays as good as it looks. ^__^
Posted Image

#8 PhySx`

PhySx`

Posted 24 May 2007 - 06:18 AM

Yeah its looken really good, can't wait to see it and mannn I gotta get a PS3 my parents are to p00r to get me one.:bomb:

#9 nonggame

nonggame

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2007 - 06:25 AM

Yeah its looken really good, can't wait to see it and mannn I gotta get a PS3 my parents are to p00r to get me one.:bomb:

work more hour ^__^; LOL
Posted Image

#10 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2007 - 08:14 AM

Added link to cam shot gameplay footage to first post.

2ic4l5j.jpg

#11 gokou36

gokou36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:00 AM

Isn't this the game that they said couldn't be done on a console... if so; then I can't wait to see how well it turns out for the ps3, and

That would be Crysis, not Haze. At first I thought this was one of those over-rated games people talk about but damn when I saw the video, it looks almost as good as Crysis.

#12 dpatel

dpatel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:03 AM

I think I read somewhere about this game having 4 player co-op. That alone has me sold. Timesplitters was definitely one of my favorite series of last gen, so that doesn't hurt either.

#13 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2007 - 08:28 AM

I think I read somewhere about this game having 4 player co-op. That alone has me sold. Timesplitters was definitely one of my favorite series of last gen, so that doesn't hurt either.

YEP! 4 player ONLINE co-op.

2ic4l5j.jpg

#14 imascrub

imascrub

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2007 - 12:01 PM

wow that looks really good

and i am totally down with online co-op. I've always liked to play shooters with friends in story mode instead of just killing each other, but unfortunately never came across many games that were like that. Only fps game I can remember playing online co-op ever was Blood on the PC. I would say Resistance co-op but that doesn't count since co-op can only be done on the same machine.

#15 dpatel

dpatel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:51 PM

YEP! 4 player ONLINE co-op.

wait, wait, wait.. 4 player online co-op?!?!!? *Joygasms*

By that, do you mean, 4 people on one console, all going online? If so, I am freakin psyched! I really wish more games would allow co-op. It's like developers don't think we like to play with other people.

#16 dallow

dallow

Posted 29 May 2007 - 07:01 PM

I haven't seen the video, but I am sure it looks no where near as damn perfect as Crysis does.

That being said, I'm only interested in how the co-op thing works out, as it'd be nice to play with a couple friends.
"i drive a rolls royce / cause it's good for my voice"
3DS Friend Code: 3609-1044-7487

#17 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2007 - 08:32 PM

wait, wait, wait.. 4 player online co-op?!?!!? *Joygasms*

By that, do you mean, 4 people on one console, all going online? If so, I am freakin psyched! I really wish more games would allow co-op. It's like developers don't think we like to play with other people.

I saw the video he is talking about, I'll track it down later to make sure the details are right. Got this off the offical boards from a poster there:

In one of the new videos, Neko says that it'll be 4 player co-op via online, LAN, split-screen and a combination of all of them, and also 24 player online.

2ic4l5j.jpg

#18 dpatel

dpatel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2007 - 09:06 PM

You're probably right. I really haven't been keeping up with the game, I just didn't know that was a feature too. Pretty cool stuff.

#19 gokou36

gokou36

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2007 - 01:43 AM

Some nice comparisons here between Haze and Crysis.
http://www.psu.com/node/11466

Looks almost as good as Crysis and you don't have to spend $3000+ to play the game.

#20 dpatel

dpatel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2007 - 08:12 AM

I'd take 4 player co-op over Crysis graphics anyday. But that does look pretty damn close.

#21 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2007 - 05:56 PM

Added new dev interview. Talks about the coop play a bit.

2ic4l5j.jpg

#22 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:27 PM

The fact that this game is even comparable to Crysis is good for the PS3. If this game looks this good, then I don't see a reason why Killzone can't look just as good, if not better. Seeing HAZE, sets a new standard for FPS games on the PS3. I can't wait to see the comparison between HAZE, CRYSIS, KILLZONE 2, AND HALO 3.

#23 strayfoxx

strayfoxx

Slim Cessna fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:36 PM

I am glad to hear that they completely ditched their previous gen engine and ideas. I hope this game bears no resemblance to the Timesplitters aiming system, which even though being one of my favorite FPS franchises in last gen, was archaic and far too arcadey.

Free Radical is awesome, however correct me if I'm wrong, but they have always been a rather small development studio. I hope having to up their size of the development studio to create next-gen games hasn't tarnished their ability to create games that ooze with personality, humor, or in this instance the issue of morality and warfare.

#24 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2007 - 04:58 PM

Added another preview, BE careful of the language.

2ic4l5j.jpg

#25 dallow

dallow

Posted 01 June 2007 - 05:15 PM

Crysis is certainly better, but I'm really surprised by how well Haze holds it's own.

Very nice!

EDIT:

I should add that even though I haven't seen Haze in motion.
I'm sure it's NOTHING next to Crysis.

So, there's that.
"i drive a rolls royce / cause it's good for my voice"
3DS Friend Code: 3609-1044-7487

#26 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:42 PM

It looks similar to Crysis in screenshots. But in motion Crysis destroys all...
360/PS3/PC/Wii Owner Currently playing: U3, Skyrim, AC:R

#27 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2007 - 02:20 AM

Added new feature listing.

2ic4l5j.jpg

#28 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 July 2007 - 05:43 AM

Added new blog post with a lot more info.

2ic4l5j.jpg

#29 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2007 - 04:48 AM

has this been posted?

http://www.gametrail...er.php?id=80898

Free Radical has always been the top console FPS maker forever pretty much.

#30 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2007 - 05:08 PM

has this been posted?

http://www.gametrail...er.php?id=80898

Free Radical has always been the top console FPS maker forever pretty much.

I'll add to top in a second.

I wish more people would pay attention to this game. This is our "halo/killzone" for this year. It'll be out on the 360 much later, but while they have their shooter we'll have this one and it look pretty darn good. Just look at who is making it, plus the co-op/multiplayer... I think this is going to be a good starting part for shooter fans reving up for Unreal and Killzone here on the PS3.

2ic4l5j.jpg