Photo
- - - - -

Where Does the CagCast Rate Amongst Your Favorite Podcasts?

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#1 Maddgief

Maddgief

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2007 - 04:38 PM

Right now I rate it at number two behind only 1up yours.

I think Wombat and cheapy do a fabulous job and I hope they try less to be like the other guys and keep on track with their banter and camaradarie.

1. 1up Yours
2. Cagcast
3. EGM
4. Hotspot
Sometimes in life I feel like a midget who has slid across his face on the wrestling mat of life.

#2 cgarb84

cgarb84

KEAK HEEM IN DA BALLS!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2007 - 05:07 PM

1. 1UP Yours
2. Cagcast
3. PC Gamer
4. Various IGN Podcasts

I don't know if these are really in order after 1UP Yours, that is pretty much my favorite podcast right now. Also these are just my favorite videogame podcasts, I listen to a few other ones, mostly about MMA (UFC, ect.).
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 jollydwarf

jollydwarf

America's #1 Poster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2007 - 05:18 PM

When "Lukems" was still on "1up Yours", it was a light year ahead of everything else. Now, it's fallen back to the pack, as no one's really speaking up, no one's calling the industry out with sufficient, um, 'vigor', and Shane's getting too comfortable.

That said, I think my favorite podcast now is "GFW Radio" ("Yo, yo!") That's mostly on the strength of Shawn Elliott and Jeff Green's growth into a seasoned host. They seem to have the best chemistry right now. "CAGCast" and "1up Yours" are right behind it, and on any given week, either of those can be the hands-down winner. "The Hot Spot" seems like "The Jeff Gerstmann & Some Other Guys" show as of late. No one else on it is remotely funny*, and most of them seem like they don't even want to be there.

EDIT: "EGM Live" really depends on the lineup. Sometimes they get the right 'combustible' mix, sometimes they get going on a good topic, sometimes they wind up an indignant developer and just watch him lose it, and sometimes I just like drifting away to the mellifluous sound of Jennifer Tsao's voice. God, I'm pathetic.

I won't even listen to Major "Diva" Nelson anymore. That bitch.

P.S. No matter who they throw in there, "Retronauts" is like aural torture. It's got to be the podcast equivalent of what Hogwart's students had to go through in the ghost teacher's (Professor Binns) class.

*--To be fair, Alex Navarro gets off a good one-liner here 'n' there.
"I like whipped cream a lot. I'll put whipped cream on anything."--Jessica Alba

Backlog at CRITICAL MASS...Backlog at CRITICAL MASS...Backlog at...

"What, you're still here? The post's over. Log off. Shoo! Shoo!"

#4 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2007 - 06:58 PM

1) 1up Yours
2) Hotspot
3) GFW Radio
4) CAGcast
5) EGM Live
6) Retronauts
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#5 Woltaire

Woltaire

2NE1 & SNSD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2007 - 06:59 PM

It's the only one I listen to.8-)
Posted Image

#6 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:07 PM

It's not the best...but you just gotta love CheapyD.

#7 CAG 79

CAG 79

9 Year CAG Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:14 PM

Same here.

What is so good about the 1up Yours podcast?

#8 DesertEagleXIX

DesertEagleXIX

Semper Economus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:18 PM

1UP Yours 7/10- Pretty good, but they dwell on issues too long sometimes. Shane is obviously a Sony supporter to no end, which gets frustrating. He seems like an annoying know it all.

Acheivement Junkie - 2/10 Boring hosts, boring show. Please take this off the interwebs.

Podtoid - ?/10 I admit I only listened once. Cheapy and Wombat's bit was great, but listening to Ron telling his stories about getting drunk bored me to tears. I haven't listening since. Is it better?

Joystiq- 5/10 - Chris Grant is a bit boring. Ludvig is clever, but doesn't talk enough. Only good if they have a quality guest.

Cagcast - 9/10 Best overall game podcast, Cheapy and Wombat have a good balance, and always keep the how moving. My only complaint is that sometimes they don't have enough information about the games handy; the 'wing' it a bit much.

Retronauts 9/10 Often overlooked, but nearly always interesting show. Jeremy Parish knows his stuff, and is not afraid of letting guests take the foreground. Best genre podcast.
Posted Image
www.tech-gaming.com

#9 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:24 PM

Same here.

What is so good about the 1up Yours podcast?

1up Yours tends to get into some very deep discussions about gaming and it's very good to listen to. they're also funny and they tend to bring in some fun topics. they're also uncensored which i like.

if you like the CAGcast, then 1up Yours should be included in your playlist. i also highly recommend Hotspot which is more light and has the same feel as the CAGcast when it comes to their friendly hosts. Cheapy would probably fit right in with the Hotspot crew, hehe.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#10 mik

mik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:29 PM

Right now, CAGcast, 1UP Yours, and Player One are in their own category.

Everything else is stuff I listen to until one of those three has a new episode (thankfully, they're staggered--Sunday, Wednesday, Friday)

#11 JohnnyDrama

JohnnyDrama

VICTORY!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:44 PM

same here

#12 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:57 PM

CAGCast used to be really high... but the cast has been going downhill for me. So for now:

1. 1upYours (duh its just awsome and informative)
2. All Games interactive (awsome live show, can call in ect.)
3. EGM Live (although Jennifer Tsao annoys me)
4. CAGCast (to negative has dropped!)
5. GFW (Jeff Green is awsome)
6. PCGamer (just started it, its pretty good. PCgaming is boring though)
7. IGN Gamescoop (lots of inside jokes, gets annoying).
8. Joystiq Podcast (its good, but random at times. Dont listen to it often).
9. Legendary Thread (it'd be higher if Luke was still around).
10. Major Nelson (Listen to it when nothing else to. Which is not often.)

Yea, I listen to alot. I have an addiction to podcasts... oh and the Xtreme Bear Podcast is really number 1, cause I made it.
360/PS3/PC/Wii Owner Currently playing: U3, Skyrim, AC:R

#13 7dustfan

7dustfan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 June 2007 - 10:10 PM

1. Player One
2. Dual Screen Radio
3. RetroGaming Radio
4. CAGcast

#14 Scobie

Scobie

CAG City Rocker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2007 - 04:09 AM

The CAGcast is in my top five:

1. Dan Carlin's Hardcore History
2. Dan Carlin's Common Sense
3. This American Life
4. Gamers With Jobs Radio
5. CAGcast

#15 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2007 - 04:18 AM

1. Cagcast.
2. The HotSpot.

That's all I listen to, as far as podcasts go. The CAGcast got me into listening to them in the first place.

#16 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2007 - 04:36 AM

1. Cagcast
2. Smodcast
3. Playerone Podcast
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#17 GenDV138

GenDV138

Posted 02 June 2007 - 04:51 AM

1. CAGcast
2. Dissonance - http://dissonance.libsyn.com/

Only two that I listen to right now, CAGcast for games and Dissonance for music.

#18 magiic

magiic

DENNY CRANE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 June 2007 - 04:54 AM

I only listen to the CAGcast
My eBay Feedback
Check out my CAG Trade List
Check out my auctions
Posted Image
Join GOOZEX a great site for trading your games
Join GameTraderWorld another great site for trading games. (They give away a FREE game every month)
Join ChaseTheChuckWagon (a great alternative to auctioning games on eBay)

#19 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2007 - 12:43 AM

1. The Tony Kornheiser Show
2. 1up Yours
3. Sports Game Guy's Sports Anomaly
4. DL.TV
5. CAGcast
6. SModcast
7. Full Moon Show
8. Retronauts
9. EGM Live
10. Cranky Geeks

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#20 dmes65

dmes65

God Of Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2007 - 02:07 AM

You all need to check out allgames interactive. It's a daily podcast where you can chat during the show or even call in. The host is funny as hell and they also have a web cam that you can view during the show. I forgot to mention that they have a sexy asian cohost that wears tank tops on tuesday. But I never miss a cagcast.

#21 Kinkoman1337

Kinkoman1337

Posted 03 June 2007 - 07:33 AM

Number 1 I love the video reviews as well as the podcasts I listin to them all the time while I rock on Halo 3 Beta, play Bleach Heat of Souls (psp),And loving my Wii, Keep it up Cheapy and Womat

#22 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 03 June 2007 - 10:21 AM

You all need to check out allgames interactive. It's a daily podcast where you can chat during the show or even call in. The host is funny as hell and they also have a web cam that you can view during the show. I forgot to mention that they have a sexy asian cohost that wears tank tops on tuesday. But I never miss a cagcast.

Hells yea man. I recently started listening its awesome.

I also called in acting like Peter Molyenuex. Good times.
360/PS3/PC/Wii Owner Currently playing: U3, Skyrim, AC:R

#23 dmes65

dmes65

God Of Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 June 2007 - 10:58 AM

Hells yea man. I recently started listening its awesome.

I also called in acting like Peter Molyenuex. Good times.

That was you. I about chocked when you said that you might go multiplatform.

#24 Droogs

Droogs

Posted 04 June 2007 - 06:00 AM

The only podcast i've ever listened to was the CAGcast until I started looking at this thread and I gave 1up Yours a try from all the suggestions....and I must say, I've listened to 4 episodes today, and I'm liking it a ton.

#25 Wet Ninja

Wet Ninja

Cheaping from the shadows

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2007 - 11:39 AM

For me, it's:

1. CAGcast
2. GoNintendo Podcast
3. Retronauts
4. 1UP Yours
5. EGM Live

#26 nesfan8222

nesfan8222

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2007 - 10:19 PM

For me

1. Cagcast
2. Retronauts
3. 1up yours
4. EGM Live
5. Various IGN podcasts

I favor the cagcast since Cheapy and Wombat are down to earth and have great banter. Cagcasts are always entertaining and have a great sense of humor.

I also enjoy the fantasy 411 for those who play fantasy baseball, and espn podcasts of PTI and around the horn.

#27 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 June 2007 - 10:33 PM

Number 1. I like the fact you guys manage to keep things funny, yet do not resort to the usually cussing that accompanies other podcasts. I used to really enjoy the 1up Show; however, the silly cussing just to cuss annoys the f*** out of me. I much perfer the wit of the CAGcast (including many of the show titles, BTW, the one about vagina clown, had me laughing in my office.) I am not anit-cussing, I just think that it is shamelessly used in other podcasts and is an attempt at humor by humorless people.

#28 brandonabley

brandonabley

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2007 - 07:47 PM

The CAGcast, Player One podcast, and Video Game Outsiders podcasts are my favorites. It's really nice to hear other adults talking about video games intelligently -- all this time on the internet sometimes makes me worry that there aren't any video game enthusiasts who AREN'T ridiculous fanboys! CAG has helped renewed my enthusiasm for others who share my hobby (except for those creepy wierdos at my university).

#29 linkpwns

linkpwns

Oh hey guys

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:09 PM

1up Yours tends to get into some very deep discussions about gaming and it's very good to listen to. they're also funny and they tend to bring in some fun topics. they're also uncensored which i like.

if you like the CAGcast, then 1up Yours should be included in your playlist. i also highly recommend Hotspot which is more light and has the same feel as the CAGcast when it comes to their friendly hosts. Cheapy would probably fit right in with the Hotspot crew, hehe.

I love the CAGCast. It is the only one I listen to as of now. I am going to listen to the other two you just recommended tonight.
Posted Image

#30 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2007 - 09:19 PM

I'm surprised no one has mentioned One Life Left. It's really good. Here are my current favorites:

1. 1UP Yours (not the same since Luke left though)
2. CAGcast
3. One Life Left
4. EGM Live

I also love The Ricky Gervais Show but that's not video game related.

FriskyT - I had no idea Tony Kornheiser had a podcast. I record PTI every single day and it's the first thing I watch when I get home from work. It is one of my favorite shows - I'm definitely checking out the podcast tonight.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---