La Pucelle Tactics @ Amazon for 19.99

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 kaw

kaw

Want some rye?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2005 - 03:51 PM

I did a quick search and didn't see this anywhere yet. I just checked Cag-O-Matic today, and found this there. La Pucelle Tactics at Amazon.com (J&R Music) for 19.99:

http://www.amazon.co...0019141-7796758

The only bad part is no free shipping.

#2 Ruined

Ruined

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2005 - 03:57 PM

This game is a strategy RPG like Arc the Lad right?

#3 kaw

kaw

Want some rye?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2005 - 04:00 PM

Never played Arc the Lad, but it is a Strategy RPG similar to Final Fantasy Tactics. This is from Nippon Ichi who made Disgaea and Phantom Brave.

#4 Ruined

Ruined

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2005 - 04:03 PM

Never played Arc the Lad, but it is a Strategy RPG similar to Final Fantasy Tactics. This is from Nippon Ichi who made Disgaea and Phantom Brave.

Thanks. Unfortunately I can't get into strat RPGs for some reason (bought Final Fantasy Tactics and Arc the Lad: Twilight Spirits, couldn't really get into either).

#5 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2005 - 04:05 PM

6 buck shipping pushed it over 25 before tax i pass

#6 asaraa

asaraa

Shepard-Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2005 - 04:06 PM

I foud it at Kohl's the other day. On sale for $19.99

#7 stolazi

stolazi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2005 - 05:08 PM

I've seen a few copies at Fry's for $19.99 as well.

#8 asianxcore

asianxcore

...to the moon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2005 - 06:06 PM

EB Games is selling this for 19.99 new now.

#9 The Truth

The Truth

I miss SOCOM. DBU!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2005 - 06:51 PM

Good deal for those who missed the 1.99 CC deal this week.

Anyone recall the title Warsong for the Sega Genesis? It was the first strategy RPG I'd ever tried. Hated it for quite a while, but one day it just clicked. I still have that game. One of my favorite unfinished adventures of all time :)
"I'm hot boy, I'm burnin' up. I do my thang in the club with da burner tuck'd."

#10 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2005 - 06:51 PM

Isn't that everybody?
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 c

c

The Hottest Judge on TV

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2005 - 07:09 PM

Anyone recall the title Warsong for the Sega Genesis? It was the first strategy RPG I'd ever tried. Hated it for quite a while, but one day it just clicked. I still have that game. One of my favorite unfinished adventures of all time :)

I saw an ad in a magazine for Warsong many years ago and was intrigued by it... True story.
[right]Posted Image

[size=-3]Now Playing: Etrian Odyssey

#12 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2005 - 10:34 PM

EB Games is selling this for 19.99 new now.

i thought you meant that Ebgames had this game online for 19.99

#13 electrictroy

electrictroy

Posted 05 June 2005 - 10:59 PM

According to various reviews, this is not a good game. It was actually the *1st* game made by Nippon Ichi, so its inferior to Disgaea in all aspects - poor graphics, stupid story, and lousy battle system.

troy
Posted Image P.S. And please note that I am not attacking you personally. I think you're a great guy. I just disagree with your idea. ----- FAVORITES: (pre-85) Space Invaders/Asteroids/Missile Command/Berzerk/Pitfall/Indy 500/Defender/Pac-Man Junior ---------- (85-95) Arkanoid, Marble Madness, Pirates!, Elite, Red Storm Rising, Final Fantasy 6, Chrono Trigger ---------- (95-05) Final Fantasy 9, 10, Banjo-Kazooie

#14 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2005 - 11:00 PM

According to various reviews, this is not a good game. It was actually the *1st* game made by Nippon Ichi, so its inferior to Disgaea in all aspects - poor graphics, stupid story, and lousy battle system.

troy

http://www.gameranki...ges2/566126.asp

I guess 80% across the board is a bad game?

#15 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2005 - 01:37 AM

troy

if i rank all 3

disgaea would be tops i mean nothing that i have played so far in RPG in the last 2 years kept me coming back to this game for more. I mean this is the only rpg that i have clocked in over 120 hours and am willing to still play the game

Phatom brave: Awful i dont see how people could like this game. there is a another part coming this summer i think

now la pucelle i only play this game for 2 hours and that was off a gamefly rental. I got it off someone here for 20 shipped and its still sealed waiting to be open sometime in probally 2006 :)

so if you havent played any play them this way i say

Phatom brave
la pucelle
disgaea

i liked it alot more then Brave but it wasnt as smooth and fun as disgeae was

#16 crickett003

crickett003

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2005 - 01:42 AM

I loved Warsong! It was the first game to make me think ;) I remember trading in some Turbografx games at a pawn shop for it! Awesome game!!
Posted Image

#17 tdphillips

tdphillips

Posted 06 June 2005 - 01:47 AM

I think La Pucelle is very good. I do like Disgaea better, but La Pucelle is an excellent strategy RPG.
Safety Not Guaranteed.

#18 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2005 - 02:49 AM

The remake of the sequel to it - Der Langrisser - is currently being translated by fans. I remember playing an incomplete translated version and loving it, even though I hate SRPGs.

#19 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 June 2005 - 11:22 AM

La Pucelle is an excellent game--not quite on the same level as Disgaea or Phantom Brave--but it has the strongest story of the three games, with a really nice plot twist or two, and a horde of sidequests... put over 100 hours into it myself.... well worth the price :)

#20 electrictroy

electrictroy

Posted 08 June 2005 - 11:31 PM

I'll buy La Pucelle when the price drops to $15.

What I *really* want is Disgaea.

troy