One Toy's R Us in Chicago Closing down

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Elriciii

Elriciii

Recovering WOW addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2005 - 07:37 PM

Just stopped by today and found the game section to be pretty full except the DS and PSP sections were all gone. game section was 20%off all games 50%off all accessories, the rest of the store was 25 to 50%off. they had a good supply of new releases so 49.99 20% discount would be 39.99. the store officially closes in mid july i believe.

Location Grand ave & Narragansett by Brickyard Shopping Center in Chicago.

#2 help1

help1

What a dumb username

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2005 - 07:43 PM

50 percent off accessories? when will mine shut down!

#3 supermariomelee

supermariomelee

Posted 05 June 2005 - 07:45 PM

Just wait till it gets closer to them closing, usually stores will drastically mark down products a few weeks before they close it.
Posted Image

#4 c

c

The Hottest Judge on TV

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2005 - 07:49 PM

omg time to find out where the hell that is! thanks for the tip! i'll go when it's closer to closing, methinks.
[right]Posted Image

[size=-3]Now Playing: Etrian Odyssey

#5 akilshohen

akilshohen

Posted 05 June 2005 - 10:10 PM

it's on the westside. I can see why that one is closing down though, it's the oldest business in the brickyard. It was there when they had the mall. The brickyard really fell off though. I should go and get a XBOX LIVE starter kit. It should be some really good deals later on this month though.
I thought you were gonna say the one by my school, Lane Tech was closing. I would of went there tommorow.

#6 Johnny Postman

Johnny Postman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2005 - 10:56 PM

omg time to find out where the hell that is! thanks for the tip! i'll go when it's closer to closing, methinks.

Using Fullerton as the E-W cross street makes it easier to find I think since it's more recognizable. It's located at the NW corner of Fullerton and Narraganset on the west side of the city. Narraganset is a mile east of Harlem Ave if that helps.
Posted Image

#7 charmchick

charmchick

Posted 10 June 2005 - 10:26 PM

any other places that are closing down?

#8 heffaji

heffaji

knows the score

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2005 - 01:59 AM

Could anyone give an exact adress? I've tried the locator on the TRU website and haven't been able to come across it. Without MapQuest, I'm worthless.

#9 Elriciii

Elriciii

Recovering WOW addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2005 - 06:52 PM

i can't find the exact address for the TRU but i was able to get the address for the sportmart right next door.

SportMart
6420 West Fullerton
Chicago , IL 60635

#10 Tricky

Tricky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 June 2005 - 07:08 PM

Toys R US

6420 W Fullerton Ave
Chicago, IL 60635

(773) 637-1166

http://local.yahoo.c...iy-text-lcl-res

#11 neschamp

neschamp

FROG FIST PUMP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2005 - 04:26 PM

This is nearing a month old, but I thought a bump wasn't totally out of the question. Any Chicagoland CAG's stop by this store? Has it closed yet? If not, I'm thinking of taking a trip up there. Hopefully, they have something left.

#12 crewj

crewj

from peru to cebu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2005 - 06:58 PM

i just got back from there today and they're having 70% off now. tomorrow is the last day.

there's nearly nothing left. i did manage to pick up stuff every day since it's on my way home from work.

#13 tmei03

tmei03

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2005 - 09:30 PM

do they have any video games for 70% off?

#14 crewj

crewj

from peru to cebu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2005 - 11:55 PM

yup. all games are 70% off.

from what i remember they have mostly gba videos such as this:

Posted Image

#15 servbot

servbot

Posted 05 July 2005 - 06:25 AM

They had about a dozen THUG Remix for the PSP going for $15 a piece. I got me a couple.
Feel the Magic for the DS is $9. They have a ton of Final Fantasy I & II for gba going for $9 and FF: Crystal Chronicles for $15.

#16 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2005 - 01:31 AM

Yeah I went Sunday. Nothing was really left in the store. FF DAWN OF SOULS was there. Picked it up for 12 bucks, along with a madden 2005 strategy guide. I think this thursday is the last day. Other than FF Tactics, really nothing worthwhile.

Quick question, did they have other games there (like new releases) going on sale earlier?

#17 crewj

crewj

from peru to cebu

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2005 - 04:44 AM

passed by there today and they had hand written signs that said "store closed" i guess that ends the era of toys r us at the brickyard.

back to the topic, there was a few semi sorta new releases :) :

psychonauts
enthusia
yoshi touch & go