- - - - -

Dynasty Warriors Gundam - Gen Discussion & Info

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 28 June 2007 - 06:22 PM

Posted Image

* From the legendary creators of the Dynasty Warriors ® series, a new generation of Gundam legend is born. Experience the fast-paced excitement and epic, cinematic action of Dynasty Warriors on the futuristic battlegrounds of the rich Gundam universe!
* Get in the cockpits of your favorite Mobile Suits, the ultimate weapons of war, and fight across a host of futuristic battlefields – both terrestrial and stellar – at lightning fast speed and rendered in high-definition graphics!
* Live as a legendary hero: Play out the action of the rich Gundam universe spanning the Universal Century to the Future Century as any of your favorite heroes and villains!
* Turn the tides of battle as you fight against impossible odds. Take on thousands of enemies attacking you at breakneck speed in signature Dynasty Warriors style gameplay. Your ever-strengthening will and skills will determine the outcome of the wars simultaneously blazing throughout the Earth and outer space!
* Dive into a new epic mythology like never before: Explore and live adventures in the rich and detailed setting of the Gundam multi-verse from a myriad of perspectives. Play through each story and marvel at the subtle twists as viewed through the eyes of each character.
* Dynamic gameplay modes from proven franchises: Enjoy a variety of action-packed game modes: Official Mode; Original Mode; Versus Mode and more!
* A galaxy of upgrade-able Mobiles Suits and characters! Choose your favorite characters and Mobile Suits from more than 6 different animated TV series based on the Gundam universe and strategically strengthen their power, skills, and abilities.

http://www.namcoband...warriorsgundam/
Posted Image

#2 dallow

dallow

Posted 28 June 2007 - 07:32 PM

Damn, cool!

Can't wait to get home!

#3 panasonic

panasonic

Joanna Dark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2007 - 07:51 PM

I expect this to suck ass. Downloading demo

#4 nonggame

nonggame

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2007 - 08:04 PM

I don't think it's that bad. I have fun with it.
Posted Image

#5 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 28 June 2007 - 08:22 PM

If you like Musou games, you'll love it. If you hate Musou games, you'll hate it.

The previous Gundam wasn't made by a very good developer.
Posted Image

#6 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2007 - 08:38 PM

Me too. I expect it to be hack, hack, slash, hack, hack, hack just like the Dynasty games.

I'd LOVE to be surprised and proved wrong though.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#7 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 28 June 2007 - 09:40 PM

I just played the demo and absolutely loved it. Felt a little strange at first, but once I got use to it, I really liked it. I was glad to play as Heero Yuy, since I really like Gundam Wing. Playing alongside Jerid and Master Asia was sweet too. Defeating the bad guys I see in different Gundams made me shit my pants badly, since that's one thing I've always wanted to do.

I had so much fun, I played the demo a 2nd time, defeating the enemies in ALL areas on the map. I really want this game NOW.
Posted Image

#8 Crimson_Raven25

Crimson_Raven25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2007 - 09:54 PM

so is this a good game or bad game?

#9 apokalipze2

apokalipze2

piledriving that azz

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2007 - 09:57 PM

It's boring and the graphics are bland

#10 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 28 June 2007 - 09:57 PM

It's boring and the graphics are bland

No, it's the first time a Musou game is running at 60FPS, with zero pop-up and slowdown. Also, the graphics are very nice.

so is this a good game or bad game?

If you like DW, SW, and/or Devil Kings, you'll like it. If you like Gundam and everything I mentioned, you'll love it. If you don't like either, you'll think its garbage.
Posted Image

#11 Crimson_Raven25

Crimson_Raven25

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2007 - 09:59 PM

good cuz i lov gundamn lol
is it a fighing game lake gundamn battle assualt or more like dw

#12 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:00 PM

maybe this game should be cheap and downloadabe only.

#13 H.Cornerstone

H.Cornerstone

LaserCannonDethSentence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:06 PM

I like this game.....

#14 dallow

dallow

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:16 PM

How big is the DL?

#15 Guest_Apossum_*

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:39 PM

If were japanese, I would ruin my keyboard from excitement about a Dynasty/Gundam game. pretty sure Tokyo will get burnt down the day this comes out.

but I'm american so this is just another overpriced button masher. :)

#16 panasonic

panasonic

Joanna Dark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2007 - 10:46 PM

Hmm it actually wasn't too bad, no slow downs, looks nice, and i like the animations.

#17 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:19 PM

good cuz i lov gundamn lol
is it a fighing game lake gundamn battle assualt or more like dw

More like DW.

maybe this game should be cheap and downloadabe only.

This is basically the best selling PS3 game in Japan, selling almost 300k. If it never came as a disc based game, PS3 would probably be dead last in Japan right now.
Posted Image

#18 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2007 - 11:27 PM

If were japanese, I would ruin my keyboard from excitement about a Dynasty/Gundam game. pretty sure Tokyo will get burnt down the day this comes out.

but I'm american so this is just another overpriced button masher. :)

This has been out in Japan for a long time, IIRC.

I called my lady friend last night and said my buddy had to beat off on my chest, she is kinda pissed at me, but it was the best idea I had all night, and I stand by it.

Posted Image

#19 panasonic

panasonic

Joanna Dark

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:26 AM

Its the best selling PS3 game in japan

#20 Dezuria

Dezuria

Loading, please wait...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2007 - 02:40 AM

I tried the demo, but it seems like all it is, is enemies lining up by the dozens so you can smash through them. I didn't care for it. I'm sure some people will though.

#21 RESmonkey

RESmonkey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2007 - 02:47 AM

DAMN! This game is AWESOME! But it comes out in late August. A definite buy for me, though.

It is nothing like the first gundam game. This is a really entertaining game, for once! Played the whole demo in one sitdown-I've never played a Gundam game before nor a Dynasty Warriors game.

It's fun,DL the demo and see!

#22 imascrub

imascrub

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:14 AM

good ol' hack 'n slash...i loved playin dynasty warriors 3 and 4 with friends but i got kind of burnt out with samurai warriors. Wonder if I can get back into these kinds of games

#23 shaunLEGEND

shaunLEGEND

Mr. Brightside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:18 AM

When I first heard of it and downloaded the trailer from the jpn store (Gundam Musou) I was excited! After playing the demo, not as excited anymore. Geez, what are all these robots for? Decoration? At least fight back...

Seriously, if all the robots fought back like the minibosses do, then this game would be fun.

Also, what's up with the scale of the robots? I was getting all pumped watching the cutscenes, then once you finally fight, your character is....short.

#24 RESmonkey

RESmonkey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:53 AM

That's the scale of the gundams from the stories and stuff. All technical models,etc. from different universal storylines.

Err...those bots aren't supposed to fight. They hold territory, I believe. But your allies fight, like Master Asia and that other guy in the demo.

That boss Gundam was pretty good. Pwned him, though.

#25 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:56 AM

I have to admit, I do like it... might even buy it...

#26 Guest_Apossum_*

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:57 AM

it's phantasy star online...without the rpg elements and with blander environments.

#27 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2007 - 04:54 AM

ok I haven't played the game yet, booted it up

voice Language... English or Japanese... Fuck yes

Bluray already fucking paying off in games. First in Genji and now this, bout fucking time.

k just finished demo, pretty typical dynasty warriors fare =/
My controller Desynced like crazy with this game though. I counted 6 times within half an hour.

#28 shaunLEGEND

shaunLEGEND

Mr. Brightside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2007 - 07:30 AM

That's the scale of the gundams from the stories and stuff. All technical models,etc. from different universal storylines.

Err...those bots aren't supposed to fight. They hold territory, I believe. But your allies fight, like Master Asia and that other guy in the demo.

That boss Gundam was pretty good. Pwned him, though.

Um, so they just stand there while I wail on them? Where's the challenge in that? We're both talking about the enemies right?

Also thanks for explaining to me about the scale...I don't really know anything about the gundam universe so I'll take your word for it. Maybe it's just that every mech type game I've played has conditioned me to expect the mechs to be bigger in regards to the environment.

#29 M3wThr33

M3wThr33

Batman with a gun.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2007 - 08:14 AM

ok I haven't played the game yet, booted it up

voice Language... English or Japanese... Fuck yes

Bluray already fucking paying off in games. First in Genji and now this, bout fucking time.

k just finished demo, pretty typical dynasty warriors fare =/
My controller Desynced like crazy with this game though. I counted 6 times within half an hour.

I haven't had that happen in months.

It's definitely related to the system in your house. Do you have a cordless phone? A lot of other devices use the 2.4 GHz frequency to fcuk it up.

#30 Mechafenris

Mechafenris

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2007 - 08:34 AM

Awesome! I've been toying with the idea of getting the Asian version of this game imported for quite some time (wondering if they'd ever make a US version...) But now, I can hold out for 8/28 (according to GS).

I love these sorts of games... they may be repetitive, but what is fun is the atmosphere... and this game LOOKS beautiful. In spite of the previous comments, it really does look amazing.

Another game to add to my "must buy" list for the PS3. :)

"Don't make me use my stuff on ya, baby."