1960 replies to this topic

#1 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 June 2007 - 11:36 PM

Posted Image

Features

Set in a modern day survival-horror universe, the co-operative gameplay of Left 4 Dead™ casts four "Survivors" in an epic struggle against hordes of swarming zombies and terrifying "Boss Infected" mutants.
The Survivor Co-op Game Mode is played out across four sprawling campaigns, set in urban and rural environments. The team of four Survivors may be comprised of one to four human players, allowing for single player and multiplayer co-op games.
The next-generation A.I. technology of all non-player Survivor and zombie characters is a pool of systems used to procedurally generate a unique experience by monitoring the players' experiences and tailoring the pacing and difficulty of action for each game. This makes for a different experience each time the game is played.
In the Left 4 Dead Vs. Mode, play as a Survivor or as one of four types of "Boss Infected." Each of the "Boss Infected" possesses an exceptional mutant ability -- such as a 50-foot tongue lasso or a giant belly full of explosive methane gas -- instead of traditional firearms.

• Co-op redefined: This new action title from Valve, creators of the Counter-Strike and Half-Life games, promises to redefine the co-operative genre as those titles did for multiplayer and single player action games.
  • A.I. technology: The advanced artificial intelligence drives both friendly and unfriendly creatures to dynamically create intense single-player, co-op, and multiplayer experiences every time the game is played.
  • Expansive environments: Battle across twenty different maps with ten distinct weapons across four sprawling campaigns.
  • Online matchmaking: The matchmaking, stats, rankings, and awards system drive collaborative play.
  • Designer's Commentary mode: Activate this mode for a unique "behind the scenes" look at the development of the game.

Achievements: http://www.xbox360ac...evements/<br />

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wxUsGvMfVow

Fight Together...or Die Alone

A new and highly virulent strain of the rabies virus emerges and spreads through the human population with frightening speed. The pandemic's victims become grotesquely disfigured, widly violent psychopaths, attacking the uninfected on sight. One of the "lucky" few appearently immune to the sickness, you, unfortunately, are also trapped in a city crawling with thousands of the bloodthirsty infected. Alone, you are dead. But together with a handful of fellow survivors, you might just fight your way to safety.

Well, today we can confirm that Left 4 Dead is coming to Xbox 360. Why we are so excited about this game? May be because it smells like Counter-Strike and it has tons of zombies.

Developed by Turtle Rock Studios, Left 4 Dead is a co-operative multiplayer first person shooter in which you play as one of up to four people (called “Survivors”), who are immune to a virus that is spreading through the human population. Those infected with the virus have turned into psychopaths, who are weaponless and weak but found in large numbers when they attack.

The twist of Left 4 Dead is that you can also play as an infected, with your goal being to kill the Survivors before they escape the level. When you choose the infected side, you'll become the “Boss Infected”.

Although the Survivors team doesn't have player classes, there are four playable types of Boss Infected: the Boomer, the Hunter, the Smoker, and the Tank.

While playing as a Survivor will have you fighting the Infected hordes, playing as a Boss Infected involves stalking, waiting around a corner, and attack Survivors when they don't expect. As an Infected, you are weak, but you can respawn. The Survivors can not respawn, instead, they can be revived and only three times.

Ultimately, playing Survivor is all about action while playing as an Infected is about tactics. You have to choose the right moment, the right place, and the right way to attack.

http://news.teamxbox...d-for-Xbox-360/

That trailer was fucking awesome, the concept sounds like it will be tons of fun. Hope this one doesn't disappoint. Looking forward to it.

Edited by LinkinPrime, 21 October 2008 - 06:18 PM.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#2 Richlough

Richlough

Posted 29 June 2007 - 11:41 PM

I saw some footage on the 1up Show a couple weeks ago .
It looks crazy , Check out Gamevideos.com for the footage .

card.pngl1.gif

#3 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 29 June 2007 - 11:51 PM

Yea Co-Op is what we want. Why dont other developers take note

Formerly known as slickkill77

#4 ZerotypeX

ZerotypeX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2007 - 12:20 AM

I remember my friends telling me about this game and then saw the trailer online. It looks like a promising game. Valve is making it eh....wonder if there will be any puzzles in this game.
Currently Playing:
with myself

Posted Image

#5 Santurio

Santurio

The Ladies' BodyGuard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2007 - 12:42 AM

Will this be something like Hunter the Reckoning w/ Live MP?

But being in FP should be amazing!!
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 Sofa King Kool

Sofa King Kool

Is srsly...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2007 - 12:49 AM

I've been wanting this game for soooooo long...

Posted Image

#7 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 30 June 2007 - 02:36 AM

It will prolly be delayed about 4 years...lol

#8 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2007 - 02:57 AM

Co-op puzzles? Fuck no. I got enough of those in Svencoop. Half the maps just ground to a total halt because of idiot puzzles.

#9 TC

TC

Better w/o Kinect

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2007 - 04:19 PM

It will prolly be delayed about 4 years...lol

I hear that. See you in late 2008.

#10 InuFaye

InuFaye

Posted 30 June 2007 - 04:36 PM

I thought this was PC only? I hope so, a console version would just suck.

#11 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 30 June 2007 - 05:33 PM

I thought this was PC only? I hope so, a console version would just suck.

Care to elaborate why?

#12 fraggedbylaggers

fraggedbylaggers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 June 2007 - 06:04 PM

CO-OP should be a requirement in all games...
Posted Image

#13 deadite76

deadite76

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2007 - 03:27 PM

6 minutes of zombie blasting goodness from QuakeCon:

http://www.joystiq.c...ad-4-6-minutes/
Posted Image

#14 Sofa King Kool

Sofa King Kool

Is srsly...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2007 - 04:42 PM

:drool:

This is going to be the best CAG gaming night EVER!

Posted Image

#15 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2007 - 05:00 PM

Freaking awesome...so this is coming to the 360 right???

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#16 Sofa King Kool

Sofa King Kool

Is srsly...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2007 - 05:38 PM

Yup, for sure.

Posted Image

#17 mrchainsaw

mrchainsaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2007 - 05:53 PM

You're in the 360 forum. ;)

#18 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:15 PM

You're in the 360 forum. ;)

Yeah, but that looked like the PC version of the game in the 6 minute vio be sure.deo so i just wanted t

#19 Sofa King Kool

Sofa King Kool

Is srsly...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:32 PM

Yeah, but that looked like the PC version of the game in the 6 minute vio be sure.deo so i just wanted t

What the hell? How did that sentence get so messed up? You put the end of the sentence in the middle :-s

Posted Image

#20 Santurio

Santurio

The Ladies' BodyGuard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:41 PM

What the hell? How did that sentence get so messed up? You put the end of the sentence in the middle :-s

I was like WTF!!

that's too fuckin funny.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#21 Liquid 2

Liquid 2

Dutch Dreams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:41 PM

It's a bit too dark, and as usual, Valve is going nuts with the Bloom Lighting. Shit annoys the Fuck outta me.
It's alright in moderation, but Valve has no idea of what that is.

#22 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:49 PM

Wireless keyboard battery dying + me not looking = total garbage :P

What it was supposed to say: " Yeah, but that looked like the PC version of the game in the 6 minute video, so i just wanted to make sure."

#23 psychobrawler

psychobrawler

A World of Pain.....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2007 - 11:46 PM

The one up footage several weeks back was awesome. This video is too dark. The 4 player co-op ideas they have sound very sweet. They're also trying to incorporate a mode where you can go in a play as the bosses in other players campaign. Lots of big ideas = long delays. We'll see what's in the final game, but it looks very promising.
Posted Image

#24 Sofa King Kool

Sofa King Kool

Is srsly...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2007 - 12:16 AM

Urrg! I can't wait any longer for this! I want it right now!!!

Posted Image

#25 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 04 August 2007 - 03:09 AM

This has the potential to be one of the coolest games of all time.

seanr1221.png

#26 triforcer

triforcer

I'd buy that for a dollar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:06 PM

this would have been my game of the summer if it had came out already. i'm still debating whether to get it on PC or 360. if i get it on PC i'll have access to source engine mods, since i never picked up HL2, and i'll also get to play over the internet free. if i get it for the 360 i'll get all the great xbox live stuff, but i'll be dependent on having a live subscription year round if i ever desired to just pick up and play it. i tend to let my live subscription end from time to time when i'm too busy to game on a constant basis.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#27 thrustbucket

thrustbucket

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2007 - 06:49 PM

Lots of big ideas = long delays. We'll see what's in the final game, but it looks very promising.

+1

This is one of those games that will have a development cycle much like Team Fortress 2.

#28 smellhasreturned

smellhasreturned

Peyton Manning

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2007 - 06:52 PM

theres mods like this for half life 2

zombie master is kinda like this
Posted Image

#29 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:09 PM

Originality at it's best. They should just make it a tie in with the next "28 ***** Later" movie. Same premise, same virus traits.

Don't get me wrong,it still looks a cool as hell.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

Make your pledge today towards this years Extra-Life 24-Hour Marathon Charity!  All donations over $25 will receive a free 3d-printed and hand painted gift!  PM me for details!  http://www.extra-lif...nt/brokenpinata

#30 PyroGamer

PyroGamer

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:48 PM

4 player co-op? Tons of zombies? Valve?

Count me in.

Here's hoping for some unique killing methods, a-la 28 Days.

Also, this makes me think of how Dead Rising 2 MUST have co-op.