• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Vega$

Vega$

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:41 AM

http://www.ebgames.c...oduct_id=646044

:lol: I'm picking up my copy when i get off work tuesday.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 LonelyController

LonelyController

lonelycontroller.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:59 AM

meh

hard to get excited for a platforming title for PC

#3 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:02 AM

Just because it's $2.49 doesn't mean it's any good. It's to be expected from a shitty game that didn't sell well on PC.

#4 primetime

primetime

What time is it?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:08 AM

Sadly, i don't know if it's even worth that.

#5 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:08 AM

Eh...if it was on the PS2 or GC I would have gotten it for sure. I already have it, but it would be nice to have another for my sister.

Oh well.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#6 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:13 AM

nearly two months old..

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=137252

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2007 - 03:37 PM

It wasn't great (gets really frustrating), but it's probably worth $2.50. If nothing else, it has great graphics (IMO). And the PC version is the best one, obviously.

#8 PyroGamer

PyroGamer

Posted 02 July 2007 - 03:41 PM

I'd buy it for GC or XB for sure.

#9 PhreQuencYViii

PhreQuencYViii

Suck My Blood

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2007 - 03:49 PM

I just gave that PC version to a friend. It's really not good and will end up taking up space. I don't mean the game itself isn't good, (which is a matter of opinion, I don't like it much though) but the way they have it running on PC is bad. It's a bad port.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#10 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2007 - 04:58 PM

How so? It's not even much of a port. The X-Box and Windows versions of games are usually the same basic code, aside from upgrading the graphics in the PC version.

#11 Cmosfm

Cmosfm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:00 PM

I just gave that PC version to a friend. It's really not good and will end up taking up space. I don't mean the game itself isn't good, (which is a matter of opinion, I don't like it much though) but the way they have it running on PC is bad. It's a bad port.

I bought and played both console and PC versions of the game, they are EXACTLY the same, not a single difference. The game is great, I loved it.

#12 dragonreborn23

dragonreborn23

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:04 PM

nearly two months old..

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=137252

Yeah, I wonder how many threads have been made about the ebgames month long sale? Why doesn't a mod just make one final version. The sale is almost over anyway, though.

#13 blazsox

blazsox

Night Prowler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:05 PM

If only it was for Gamecube.
Posted Image

Currently Playing:
:ps3: Splinter Cell HD Trilogy
:ps3: NBA 2K13
:360: Forza Motorsport 4
Posted Image Lego City Undercover

#14 help1

help1

What a dumb username

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:27 PM

how could SEGA put out such shit. Disgraceful!

#15 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:31 PM

how could SEGA put out such shit. Disgraceful!

I think Sega lost all honor quickly after it became a third party company. I mean, their first year or two as a third party were pretty good, then came their "1 good game for every 10 crappy ones" policy.

Currently playing:
:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :)

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#16 -Never4ever-

-Never4ever-

That Guy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2007 - 05:33 PM

How so? It's not even much of a port. The X-Box and Windows versions of games are usually the same basic code, aside from upgrading the graphics in the PC version.

Regardless, it's still a very bad port that runs like shit on nearly every rig there is. Crazy, I know.

#17 Richard Longfellow

Richard Longfellow

Mr. Warmth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2007 - 06:13 PM

Regardless, it's still a very bad port that runs like shit on nearly every rig there is. Crazy, I know.

I have it up on a mediocre AMD system with an NVidia 6200 card and it runs great on 768 x 1024 resolution at 30 FPS. The game itself is as irritating as any other 3-D Sonic game, but it's a perfectly fine port.

#18 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2007 - 06:16 PM

paid 10 bucks for it last year.. played it for a bit then uninstalled it.

#19 PhreQuencYViii

PhreQuencYViii

Suck My Blood

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2007 - 06:33 PM

For one, I have a widescreen moniter, and it has very limited resolution options. It also doesn't run too great on a lot of cards, but it did run ok on my 7900. My 360 pad didn't work right with it either. It's just much better to get it on Xbox or something, but if none of that bothers you the PC one is probably fine, but like someone else said a lot of console to PC ports just aren't that great.

There is a cool hack that removes the shiny crap from the models and makes it look a little nicer though.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 I AM WILLIAM H. MACY

I AM WILLIAM H. MACY

William "Hog" Macy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2007 - 06:39 PM

Just because it's $2.49 doesn't mean it's any good. It's to be expected from a shitty game that didn't sell well on PC.

LMAO

(Posted Image)

#21 tangytangerine

tangytangerine

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2007 - 06:43 PM

If only it was for Gamecube.

It's still $10 new at Gamestop now for the GC version, since they extended their Gamer's Day Sale.

#22 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2007 - 06:46 PM

Now $10 seems kind of high :D

#23 _k1_

_k1_

Posted 02 July 2007 - 07:11 PM

I bought this on PC the moment it was released... I only had a Dreamcast at the time, and it was only $20 at launch.

The graphics aren't bad at all, and I didn't have any problems with slowdown or anything... some issues with control, but I was using a cheap controller, so who knows. I had a 6800GT, and there were no issues with it.

This isn't bad for $2.50, if you don't mind PC gaming. It's just like the other versions, but with sharper graphics, and less loading time.

--
:ps4: Wolfenstein| :ps3: DWGR | :360: nothing|  :vita: HN:PP| :pc: Random|  :3ds: ACNL,BD:FF| :ps2: nothing| :psp: nothing|  :wii: nothing 

#24 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:04 PM

This thread reminded me that I still haven't opened the XBox version I picked up at Sears for $4.97 last summer.

#25 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:30 PM

LMAO

(Posted Image)

Nice catch, however, I'm working on a review to compare that game with Sonic Adventure. :P Plus I didn't pay a dime for it, so it's no skin off my back.

#26 MrNEWZ

MrNEWZ

Newzbytes~!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2007 - 11:31 AM

I actually LIKED Sonic Heroes... the song still gives me nightmares though: "SON-IC HEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRROOOOOOOESSSSSSSSS!"
-Michael

Posted Image

#27 Richard Longfellow

Richard Longfellow

Mr. Warmth

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2007 - 02:44 PM

The PC version is a piece of shit. As far as I know, it runs at 800x600 and there is no way to change the resolution. Naturally, it looks like shit on my widescreen monitor that has a native resolution over twice that.

A Google search returns no hacks either. I guess nobody gave a shit.

Uhhh...when you first start the game go to video options...lots of different resolutions available.

#28 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:00 PM

Uhhh...when you first start the game go to video options...lots of different resolutions available.

All part of the weird CAG bias ;) Even if it actually was locked at 800x600, it would still look better than the other versions :lol:

#29 PhreQuencYViii

PhreQuencYViii

Suck My Blood

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:12 PM

All part of the weird CAG bias ;) Even if it actually was locked at 800x600, it would still look better than the other versions :lol:

Ever tried playing a 800x600 game on an LCD with a native res of 1440x900? ;)
Posted Image
Posted Image

#30 TehTriggerman

TehTriggerman

Stupidity is the deliberate cultivation of ignorance..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2007 - 08:20 PM

Speaking of Sonic I found the 360 used version had dropped to $23.99. It was mint and had the seal still on it. I caved, I love sonic and picked it up. I cant play Sonic on a PC.

Megami_Tengoku_II_PC_FX_Banner.jpg