Photo
- - - - -

CAg Cast way tooooooo looonnngggg

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 kennytomson

kennytomson

Posted 03 August 2007 - 02:45 AM

does anyone actually sit through an entire cagcast? you guys have to edit that shit, or break it into sections letting people know what's where. I was curious to hear your opinions about guitar hero 80's but I can't sit for 2 hours while you tell me again about your pizza friend.

#2 magiic

magiic

DENNY CRANE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2007 - 02:51 AM

I always listen to the whole thing from start to finish. It's always very entertaining.
My eBay Feedback
Check out my CAG Trade List
Check out my auctions
Posted Image
Join GOOZEX a great site for trading your games
Join GameTraderWorld another great site for trading games. (They give away a FREE game every month)
Join ChaseTheChuckWagon (a great alternative to auctioning games on eBay)

#3 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2007 - 02:53 AM

I'm actually with you, OP.

I have tried to give it a listen on multiple occasions, and what I hear is quite funny and informative. But I just can't get the entire way through. And I am not the kind of person that likes to stop and start later.

#4 CAG 79

CAG 79

9 Year CAG Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2007 - 02:58 AM

I have no problem with the length of it. It's very funny and entertaining.

#5 LarryGe

LarryGe

Silent CAGcast Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2007 - 03:02 AM

I love long cagcasts. If there is this much news, then its a good thing to cover it all. I usually listen to the cagcat the whole way through, but if you think its too long you can always listen to it in sessions. And your comment about cheapy talking about pizza too much, this is part of what makes the CAGcast special. Its wombat's complaits about his dog, and cheapys weird ass experiences in japan that set it apart from say and IGN podcast. You get the same information, but more personal. Anywho, shouldn't this be in the podcast forum?

edit: the mods here sure are fast

#6 pop311

pop311

Posted 03 August 2007 - 03:07 AM

I like my CAGcasts like I like my CheapyD Japanese Sausage; long. :) Longer CAGcasts are always more informative, hilarious, and entertaining.

#7 afedock

afedock

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2007 - 03:09 AM

I always listen to the whole thing and usually I wish they were longer.
Posted Image Posted Image

#8 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2007 - 04:03 AM

Your mom says I'm too long, in my pants.

I have no problem with the length of the CAGcast, I actually enjoy it when they have the occasional 2 hour show. And it's not like you can't do other things while listening, it's called multi-tasking my short attention span friend.

#9 pelf21

pelf21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2007 - 04:57 AM

The longer the better

#10 hootie

hootie

Posted 03 August 2007 - 05:08 AM

Must...resist....can't....

This is blasphemy! This is MADNESS!

#11 SL4IN

SL4IN

C'MON GET SERIOUAS!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2007 - 05:28 AM

personally, I love long cag cast, and the cag cast is what I look forward to every week. they're very entertaining and always give me something to do for a few hours (especially keep me company on long car trips by myself). so, I have absolutely no problem with the length of the cag casts.
[Brawl: 0001-3099-4131][Excitebots: 2106-5601-7796]

#12 Quintessence

Quintessence

The Darkness Consumes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2007 - 05:58 AM

I like the longer CAGcasts because CheapyD and Wombat can go into more depth about everything from what is happening with them personally to the games they are playing thatweek and everything else!

If you feel that it is too long then just listen to it in parts or do other things at the same time.

:bouncy: Free Cash and Prizes :bouncy:

Sign-up: PrizeRebel

100% free and quick to earn.

#13 red flare graf

red flare graf

Metalwrath

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:02 AM

I really like the CAGcasts, and don't have any complaints, but I do think it would be better if they weren't so long. It's hard for me to find the time to listen.

I do listen in sessions, but I end up 2 or 3 casts behind.

#14 PyroGamer

PyroGamer

Posted 03 August 2007 - 01:41 PM

Sometimes CAGcasts are definitely slow and borring, but that's not necessarily always because they're too long.

A lot of people here listen while at work, so the length is a blessing, I'm sure.

#15 strummerbs

strummerbs

Posted 03 August 2007 - 01:53 PM

I do enjoy the longer CAGcasts, especially for when I have to travel to Chicago every couple of weeks. Just curious though, for the people who do dislike the longer ones, how feasible would it be to create chapter breaks or something to allow people to skip to specific sections of the show?
Posted Image

#16 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2007 - 04:06 PM

totally disagree OP, the show should be 3 hours long. it's good good stuff and i listen to everything. i listen at work and it's a blessing. if you feel it's too long, there's a pause button dude.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#17 red flare graf

red flare graf

Metalwrath

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2007 - 04:08 PM

Just curious though, for the people who do dislike the longer ones, how feasible would it be to create chapter breaks or something to allow people to skip to specific sections of the show?

I'm fine with just pausing it. My only problem with the length is that I get so far behind.. I've already got a backlog of games, I hate having a backlog of CAGcasts too.

I could listen to it at work, but I'd rather watch movies there, so I guess that's my problem.

#18 HarassmentPanda

HarassmentPanda

rockin' the dills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2007 - 04:35 PM

The CAGcast length is great. I only listen to about 2, maybe 3, podcasts, so I appreciate that length of the CAGcast because it helps fill in the time of my daily commute.

I don't know how long you've been listening to the CAGcast, OP, but there used to be a huge public outcry in the CAGbag for LONGER CAGcasts. Cheapy and Wombat addressed it on numerous shows.

#19 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:29 PM

don't listen to this crazy mofo, keep it long omg.
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#20 A Happy Panda

A Happy Panda

not as happy as you think

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:40 PM

The longer the better. Keeps me entertained while at work so I don't lose my mind. I actually hate it when game podcasts go for less than an hour.

#21 kyogensho

kyogensho

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:47 PM

I agree that the length is perfect for the current podcasts. I listen to the CAGcast during my commutes, I will usually listen to half on the way in and half on the way home. Works out great.

#22 dragonreborn23

dragonreborn23

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:56 PM

I tried to sit through it once, but it was just too boring. Maybe you have to be involved in the CAG community a bit more too enjoy it. I dunno. They just sound like a couple of dudes talking about random stuff and then eventually they get to a game or two.

#23 DrunkTigerWoods

DrunkTigerWoods

Madness and malarkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:11 PM

Most of the time, I don't listen to the whole cast, just certain parts. It would be great if there was an outline of topics and times when they started included with each cagcast so one could easily jump to certain sections.

552494.png

:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection 

#24 rajchakrabarti

rajchakrabarti

Your Soul is Mine.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:17 PM

i like it.. helps me kill an afternoon at work.
"That's thirty minutes away. I'll be there in ten."

Posted Image

my collection : http://users.ign.com.../rajchakrabarti

#25 weevles

weevles

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:24 PM

I like the length of the cagcast. I can't say that about many other podcasts out there.

Another vote against the OP here.

#26 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2007 - 07:42 PM

I tried to sit through it once, but it was just too boring. Maybe you have to be involved in the CAG community a bit more too enjoy it. I dunno. They just sound like a couple of dudes talking about random stuff and then eventually they get to a game or two.

eh, but that's why it's good. i enjoy their opinions. when they did their live shows, the callers ruined it for me.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#27 H.Cornerstone

H.Cornerstone

LaserCannonDethSentence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:18 PM

The longer the better IMO.

#28 greatscot

greatscot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2007 - 08:29 PM

I think 90 minutes is about right. I usually listen to it while playing Texas Hold 'em or Uno on Xbox Arcade.

#29 CYRiX

CYRiX

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:19 PM

Yah if you can't listen to 90 minutes of radio in your week you have bigger things to work on.
I decided against buying some things I bidded on a lowball auction. Didn't know it'd be a big problem. Sue me.

#30 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2007 - 01:40 AM

The longer, the better.