Photo
- - - - -

Glorious list of bonus/promotional DS styli! Magicians Quest: Magical Stylus @GS 5/5

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#1 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 02 September 2007 - 02:58 AM

The following is a mostly complete list of promotional styli for the Nintendo DS, from all over the globe. There's always something to add, though, so speak up if you know of something I don't!
  • Animal Crossing set of 7 rainbow colored styli (US Club Nintendo promo)
    Spoiler
  • Brain Age 2 set of 7 rainbow colored styli (MyNintendo promo[also from Japanese Club Nintendo])
    Spoiler
  • Castlevania Portrait of Ruin extendable stylus (Preorder from GS, included in large Castlevania 20th anniversary box set)
    Spoiler
  • Club Nintendo set of 7 rainbow colored styli (US Club Nintendo promo)
    Spoiler
  • Death Jr. DS scythe stylus (GS preorder)
    Spoiler
  • Disgaea DS Prinny stylus (Rosenqueen preorder)
    Spoiler
  • Disney Princess: Magic Jewels pink crown stylus
    Spoiler
  • E3 2004 light up stylus (Presumably obtained at E3 2004)
    Spoiler
  • Enpitsu de Oku no Hosomichi pencil stylus (Japan)(No image available, rough image can be found here)
  • *NEW*Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars chopstick styli (Nintendo World Store midnight launch promo is the only confirmed way to obtain these right now)
    Spoiler
  • Guitar Hero On Tour blue pick stylus (Best Buy preorder)
    Spoiler
  • Hannah Montana Music Jam guitar pick stylus
    Spoiler
  • Kirby Canvas Curse pink stylus (MyNintendo promo)
    Spoiler
  • Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass green stylus (Walmart preorder promo)
    Spoiler
  • Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass quill stylus (MyNintendo promo)
    Spoiler
  • Lost in Blue 2 log stylus (GS preorder)
    Spoiler
  • *NEW* Magician's Quest Mysterious Times mysteriously magical wizard's hat stylus (Gamestop preorder)
    Spoiler
  • Megaman Battle Network 5 light up sword (Unknown how originally obtained, Japan only)
    Spoiler
  • Mario Kart DS Stylus (E3 promo)
    Spoiler
  • Mario pencil stylus (K-Zone Magazine promo [Australian kids magazine])
    Spoiler
  • Moon stylus (Gamestop preorder)
    Spoiler
  • Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword stylus (TGS '07, Gamestop preorder)
    Spoiler
  • Nintendo demo unit backup stylus
    Spoiler
  • Orcs & Elves wand stylus (pack-in with game)(Wal*Mart only as of now)
    Spoiler
  • Pac Pix/Pac n Roll pencil stylus (Japan Preorder bonus)
    Spoiler
  • Phoenix Wright 1/2 finger stylus (PW1-Preorder from Capcom/PW2-Preorder from Capcom/GS)
    Spoiler
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End skull and crossbones stylus (From Walmart, with game)
    Spoiler
  • Pokemon Dialga stylus (Most retail stores preorder)
    Spoiler
  • Pokemon Palkia stylus (Most retail stores preorder)
    Spoiler
  • Power Rangers: Super Legends red ranger stylus
    Spoiler
  • Sega Presents Touch Darts dart stylus (Europe/Australia only, presumably some sort of preorder bonus)
    Spoiler
  • Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood three pack (Gamestop preorder)
    Spoiler
  • Spectrobes stylus (Give-away from various comic conventions, Disney Adventures magazine, and GS)
    Spoiler
  • Super Mario Bros. set of 7 rainbow colored styli (US Club Nintendo promo)
    Spoiler
  • Taiko no Tatsujin DS drum styli (Japan)(Included in both the first and second Taiko no Tatsujin DS games)
    Spoiler
  • Tales of Innocence extendable stylus (Japan, preorder)
    Spoiler
That's all I have thus far. Any type of promotional styli, be it from Club Nintendo, a preorder, included in a game, or whatever, is appreciated. Thanks to everyone who made suggestions and corrections!

Edited by Rocko, 18 March 2009 - 09:43 PM.

#2 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2007 - 03:00 AM

• Phoenix Wright 2 finger stylus (Preorder from CAPCOM)

also the phantom hourglass quill stylus
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#3 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 02 September 2007 - 03:04 AM

Ah, thanks for that correction, that's the one I wasn't sure of.

I'll add that one now, and alphabetize it in a bit.

#4 Doomed

Doomed

Posted 02 September 2007 - 03:05 AM

• Phoenix Wright 2 finger stylus (Preorder from Capcom)

Not positive, but I think it was also offered with PW1.
Don't know if they count, but Club Nintendo Japan and My Nintendo US(With BA 2) offer[ed?] 7 rainbow colored styli.

sig.gif

#5 hootie

hootie

Posted 02 September 2007 - 03:05 AM

Don't forget the Phoenix Wright 1 stylus!

#6 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 02 September 2007 - 03:11 AM

There was a Phoenix Wright 1 stylus as well? I thought they only had one- the finger one.

I also forgot the 7 rainbow BA styli. I gotta sign up for mine when my BA2 comes in!

#7 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2007 - 03:16 AM

There was a Phoenix Wright 1 stylus as well? I thought they only had one- the finger one.

I also forgot the 7 rainbow BA styli. I gotta sign up for mine when my BA2 comes in!

WHAT?! theres a promotion for BA2 stylus?!
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#8 botticus

botticus

Posted 02 September 2007 - 03:19 AM

The PW stylus was also available from GS. That list reminds me I will probably get gyped out of any preorder bonuses at GS moving forward... they didn't get any Death Jr styluses when I preordered that.

#9 Doomed

Doomed

Posted 02 September 2007 - 03:21 AM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=149822
BA stylus.

sig.gif

#10 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 02 September 2007 - 03:24 AM

Okay, so... are there two Phoenix Wright styli or one? Was the finger stylus for both games? And was it given at Gamestop?

I don't really like PW, so I'm not sure about this. :P

I'm trying to add pictures to the OP, but I can't find a decent Kirby stylus picture. I'll have to take my own for that one. Probably the same with the Taiko DS styli. But we'll see.

Edit: Okay, have pictures for all but the Kirby, LoZ (I don't think a picture is out yet?), and Taiko DS styli. I'll include the first and last soon, as I'll just take pictures of my own in a few minutes.

Any others? I'm also including styli that were included with the purchase of a game in Japan, like the Kirby, PacPix and Taiko styli.

#11 meerkatgamer

meerkatgamer

Posted 02 September 2007 - 03:44 AM

I think the PW1 stylus is the finger one I remember wanting it, but could not pre-order the game at the time to get it. =\

Currently playing
:wii: U: Soon Zelda WindWaker!
:ds::pokemon Black 2
:ps2::
:psp: vita:persona4/ muramasa
:3ds: :monster hunter 3 ultimate

#12 hootie

hootie

Posted 02 September 2007 - 03:51 AM

Is there any way to still get a Zelda quill stylus?

#13 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 02 September 2007 - 03:54 AM

It isn't out yet. It's a MyNintendo preorder bonus item for registering Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. I don't think an image of it has even been released yet, but it was reported a while back that it will be coming.

Uploading images of Kirby and Taiko styli right now.

And they're up. Huzzah.

#14 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:06 AM

PW1 stylus is only give if you brought the game from capcom site.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#15 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:12 AM

What about the PW2 stylus, which I believe is identical? GS, or once again Capcom-only?

#16 xeno

xeno

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:14 AM

isnt there one for spectrobes? and another pokemon one?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#17 hootie

hootie

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:17 AM

It isn't out yet. It's a MyNintendo preorder bonus item for registering Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. I don't think an image of it has even been released yet, but it was reported a while back that it will be coming.

Awesome, I'll be sure to register it the moment I get back from buying it. :)

#18 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:21 AM

isnt there one for spectrobes? and another pokemon one?

The only Pokemon styli were Dialga and Palkia for Diamond/Pearl, unless there was one for Ranger or Mystery Dungeon.

Awesome, I'll be sure to register it the moment I get back from buying it. :)

Yep, I'll be doing the same when my FV order comes in.

#19 hootie

hootie

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:25 AM

I'll take one for the team and ask GameFAQs if there are any more. I know, it's dangerous.

#20 mrcheapo11

mrcheapo11

Whoooooooooooooop!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:26 AM

I found this searching on eBay and remember seeing it here some other time, as someone else mentioned, the Spectrobes stylus: http://tinyurl.com/yujgdv

Woops completely overlooked the OP when updated, anyways, it was given out at GS/EB-- if that helps. I don't think it had to be a preorder, I think some stores were just giving them away to customers.

Posted Image

you know what? the reason we created GAMEstop in the first place was to serve GAMErs. if we didnt want to serve GAMErs we would have called it wal mart stop and sold baby items and food and a small selection of overpriced gaming software for high prices. and not thea bility to sell crappy old games no one wants anymore.

Hello all this is my frist post on GAG forums.

PM me for invites to Lockerz.com!

#21 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:27 AM

Added to the OP. Thanks.

Hootie, you are a brave man. I await your return. I hope the wounds are not fatal.

#22 hootie

hootie

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:32 AM

Oh jebus...that DS forum is a complete hell hole, a proverbial cesspool of failed human genes, if you will.

I posted the topic, now, we wait.

#23 mrcheapo11

mrcheapo11

Whoooooooooooooop!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2007 - 04:58 AM

Went searching on Google and found some interesting ones, http://dsdev.bigredp...ylus_collection .
So some new ones are:
-Naruto Dagger Thing(Jap only, I think it might have shipped with the game)
-Mega Man Battle Network 5 Light up sword(Jap only)
-E3 2004 Light Up Stylus

Edit: I also remember reading about some dart shaped stylus I think, though can't find it right now.

Posted Image

you know what? the reason we created GAMEstop in the first place was to serve GAMErs. if we didnt want to serve GAMErs we would have called it wal mart stop and sold baby items and food and a small selection of overpriced gaming software for high prices. and not thea bility to sell crappy old games no one wants anymore.

Hello all this is my frist post on GAG forums.

PM me for invites to Lockerz.com!

#24 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 02 September 2007 - 05:13 AM

Added to the OP. Good finds!

#25 DocRamon

DocRamon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2007 - 05:48 AM

so much confusion... the phoenix wright stylus was available with the first game in japan as part of the limited edition set, then available in the us with pre-orders directly from capcom's site. it was then released again with the second game as a pre-order bonus in japan, and in the us with pre-orders from either capcom or gs/eb. the actual stylus is the same for both games, as is the attached "objection" screen cleaner... the only change is the cardboard insert that comes in the packaging, the artwork matches the game.

and if you're including cardboard insert changes... the pac-pix stylus was released a second time as well, with pac'n roll.

the spectrobes stylus was actually available a few different ways... but it was first given out at comic-con 2006. i've heard that some gs/eb stores handed it out with pre-orders or purchases... i've heard that it was packed inside a bag with "disney adventures" magazine subscriptions... i think they were handed out at other comic conventions as well. last summer, they popped up on ebay with sellers listing all sorts of origins. seems like they were all over the place.

there's also a gray stylus that just has the nintendo ds logo on the side... it was given out to stores by reps before the ds first came out. and there's early in the ds lifespan, an australian video game magazine gave out a red stylus that has a sticker on the top with mario's head. and in addition to the rainbow ds lite stylus set that's being given out now, club nintendo in japan gave away a rainbow stylus set for the regular ds... same thing, just smaller. and the massive castlevania pre-order bonus at gs/eb came with a stylus. i can snap pics of these if you'd like.

#26 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 02 September 2007 - 05:59 AM

Thanks, added that info to the OP. Since the PW stylus is available in the US, I'll only add its US availability.

Edit- added Castlevania stylus from the PoR preorder bonus set thingy.

Edit2- Looks like you just mentioned that. I found a picture of that, but if you could, I would add the gray stylus, red stylus, rainbow original DS set if you could provide pictures. And, no, I'm not counting cardboard insert changes. Thanks for your help. =)

Sadly, a bunch of different terms provide 0 results for that Pacman stylus. I really want that one. :[

Edit3- I found the dart stylus. It was some sort of bonus for Sega's Touch Darts. Not sure if it was a preorder bonus or what. I'll add it to the OP in a moment. Also, looking at IGN and GameFAQs it seems it's a UK/AU only game.

Edit4- Looks like a Japanese game titled "Enpitsu de Oku no Hosomichi" came with a pencil stylus, but the only image I can find is this page:

http://www.google.co...n&hl=en&ie=UTF8

#27 Doomed

Doomed

Posted 02 September 2007 - 12:08 PM

LMAO - I looked in your post on gamefaqs. One of the replies:
" phonix wright 3 plushy"
:lol:

sig.gif

#28 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 02 September 2007 - 03:01 PM

Yeah, I saw that as well. :wall:

#29 banpeikun

banpeikun

LE Nintendo DS? DO WANT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 September 2007 - 06:12 PM

the 7-styli rainbow set pictured is the club nintendo prize. the BA2 promotion will not include the cd-size case.
D/P Friend Code: 2234 3855 8897

New links! [My collection] [My trade list] [My eBay feedback]
Currently playing: Final Fantasy IV, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

Soundtracks, manga, and artbook downloads:
http://gh.ffshrine.org?r=23384

Posted Image

#30 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 02 September 2007 - 06:23 PM

the 7-styli rainbow set pictured is the club nintendo prize. the BA2 promotion will not include the cd-size case.

No one is really sure what the MyNintendo set will be. They showed just the seven styli, but the description is something along the lines of a "gift box with 7 rainbow colored styli". I added both pictures just in case. I'll update it once a picture of the US set is out.

Unrelated, I just picked up a Spectrobes stylus for $2.50 on eBay. :P

It's a shame I can't find some of these on eBay. Namely the Pac Pix stylus, I really like that one. :[