Baten Kaitos Origins $9.99 @ Best Buy YMMV

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Chronis

Chronis

Hey, I just met you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2007 - 06:47 PM

When I was at the Best Buy near me in Patchogue, NY, I noticed they had BK Origins marked down to $9.99. The little game tag divider thing wasn't the normal one but a computer printed sticked that said "Was: [however much it was] Now: $9.99" So I doubt it's universal. But if you have a BB near and you want the game, it's cheaper than the $15 clearances at other stores.

#2 topnotch97

topnotch97

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2007 - 08:42 PM

do you have the SKU number? it will help some people to verify the validity of the price if it is actually a cut or clearance.

#3 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 05 September 2007 - 10:50 PM

Hmm...never seen "was $xx now $xx" at best buy.

Doesn't sound like a frontline game, so its probably an odd YMMV clearance at (roughly) 75% off.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4 Poolking99

Poolking99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 September 2007 - 10:56 PM

I want this! Too bad I don't have a BB near me and this doesn't appear to be the same price online.

#5 Nephilim

Nephilim

Sumerland holds me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2007 - 12:12 AM

This is $20 at TRU or less if you can find a copy. This 'was XX' thing sounds like a returned/opened copy.

#6 Chronis

Chronis

Hey, I just met you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2007 - 12:13 AM

do you have the SKU number? it will help some people to verify the validity of the price if it is actually a cut or clearance.

:( I don't. Since I haven't even started BK1, I decided to pass on it. Sorry Nicole Hernandez.

#7 stavros45

stavros45

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2007 - 01:18 AM

Hey Chronis, I just stopped by the same bestbuy in patchogue (near sunrise hwy right?) and the price tag said "Was 9.99, Now 4.99". One price change later, and I nabbed a copy for $4.99. When I left around 8pm there was still a copy left.

#8 Chronis

Chronis

Hey, I just met you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2007 - 02:07 AM

Hey Chronis, I just stopped by the same bestbuy in patchogue (near sunrise hwy right?) and the price tag said "Was 9.99, Now 4.99". One price change later, and I nabbed a copy for $4.99. When I left around 8pm there was still a copy left.

:applause: Yup, that's the BB. I'm surprised they dropped the price again though. Especially since it's one of the better Cube games they have left.

#9 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 06 September 2007 - 02:33 AM

Man you guys are lucky. The manager of the Best Buy I go to looked at me like I was crazy when I asked him about green tagged games being 50% off (as is the case in other BBs in the area). I think he said he would "give" me 10% off of a game that was $50 >_<
Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 JustAn0th3rFace

JustAn0th3rFace

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 September 2007 - 02:55 AM

Hey man i actually work at that best buy.. hahah..

This is a STORE ONLY PROMOTION. YOU WILL NOT FIND THIS ANYWHERE ELSE other than maybe 4-5 other Best Buys in the NATION. Sorry!

#11 monkeydeew

monkeydeew

Posted 06 September 2007 - 04:10 AM

next to the frontlane i saw this with a red dot and a clearance tag under it, 17.99. of course when i took it to the register it rang up 39.99 and the chick thought i was trying to scam her