Photo
- - - - -

How can you open the Crimson & Black DS Bundle without destroying the box?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Collectordragon

Collectordragon

Draconic-American

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:23 AM

I got one of these bundles for myself and one for my mom and I just opened the first one but not without having to rip the entire top flap off to remove it. My mom won't care about the box but I always save the boxes for my systems. I still have a NES R.O.B. bundle box in excellent condition with the styrofoam and everything. :D Anyway, you have to open the box from the top and the frigging flap is glued on. Is there any way to open it and preserve the box?

#2 terribledeli

terribledeli

Zombiologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:31 AM

Not that I've seen. The DS itself is in its own box, likewise for Brain Age 2 (No paper sleeve like the other bundles). But my wife and I couldn't figure how to open it without dealing with the glue
"Cheapness is not a sense" - Jerry Seinfeld

#3 auralia

auralia

yawn.....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:33 AM

best way is a nice sharp hunting knife i would think slowly worked under the lip of the box in even short strokes .... i haven't really looked close at the box, but i too am "box anal" and find the best way for a flap style box.
currently playing fallout 3, everquest II (permafrost, Brin, Acashay, ), ACCF, Crono Trigger. Xbox live tag: Aurelia

#4 Collectordragon

Collectordragon

Draconic-American

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:39 AM

Like I said I did open the first one. The DS in its own retail packaging inside the bundle box did surprise me a little bit though. I got the bundle box open by forcing the top flap open while fighting against the awful glue and ripped it off. I was hoping there was an easier and less destructive way to open the second bundle which is mine.

How did you open yours? I just used my hands. Most annoying Nintendo packaging I've ever had to deal with.

#5 Collectordragon

Collectordragon

Draconic-American

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:43 AM

best way is a nice sharp hunting knife i would think slowly worked under the lip of the box in even short strokes .... i haven't really looked close at the box, but i too am "box anal" and find the best way for a flap style box.

That might work. The big problem is the glue. Normally a box like this would just be taped shut but this box has a liberal application of glue that's covering the entire top flap.

#6 Sockey

Sockey

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2007 - 03:44 AM

I planned to open mine this way. After about 5 minutes I said "fuck this" and ripped it open.

#7 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 September 2007 - 04:17 AM

alrighty, this is the same method i gave to banpeikun, you can decide if you like it or not, minimal damage and you can't even tell if you use a sharp knife

First of all make sure the BACK of the box is facing you (you should see the phillipino chick holding the ds lite on the back), if you look from the top it should say nintendo ds lite, the wording should be reversed from the way you would normally read it

now, grab an exacto knife or something sharp, strell's wang perhaps, and start from the TOP left or TOP right side of the box (these corners should be where black meets red, a MINISCULE GAP should be visible) and take the knife/wang from one corner and cut it horizontally to the other corner, you can use a ruler to keep it straight if you'd like

oh and be careful not to cut into the red, you should only be cutting the black

Best of luck opening it, I figured this method out after getting frustrated with the retarded glue at the top.
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#8 Snake2715

Snake2715

Gotta Have Your Toys...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2007 - 03:07 PM

Yay then we can reseal them later and sell them as new!!
-Josh

Posted Image
-courtesy of onetrackmind-

TRADE LIST

#9 banpeikun

banpeikun

LE Nintendo DS? DO WANT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 October 2007 - 03:56 PM

i used maigoyume's method and it worked greats
D/P Friend Code: 2234 3855 8897

New links! [My collection] [My trade list] [My eBay feedback]