;_;

#2 youruglyclone

youruglyclone

Last Man in Userplane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2007 - 03:12 PM

;_;

movies can suck...

seriously I paid money to see robots duke it out, not the kid from even stevens.
the movie was passable at best.

#3 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2007 - 04:16 PM

it wasn't bad as i thought, but there were parts that should've been cut and redone so it was more serious. the transformations were amazing tho...
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#4 Capaneus

Capaneus

Posted 25 October 2007 - 05:33 PM

It actually boggles my mind that anyone liked it. It made me swear of Michael Bay's shit for good.
sml_gallery_46393_8193_8746.png

#5 muddyjunk

muddyjunk

Posted 25 October 2007 - 05:58 PM

Posted Image

#6 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2007 - 06:04 PM

I loved it.

But that might be because I didn't watch it growing up and didn't see how badly they bastardized the series.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 Blitz

Blitz

Nasty Bastard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2007 - 06:05 PM

Why would I care if Cheapy liked it or not?

#8 Chris in Cali

Chris in Cali

Mr. Negativity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2007 - 06:06 PM

Horrible movie.

#9 DesertEagleXIX

DesertEagleXIX

Semper Economus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2007 - 06:15 PM

For a movie based on toys and with Bay propensity for explosions, I wanted to see the damn Transformers blow each other arms, legs and head off. Watching them fight felt pointless; there was no sensation of the damage these big machines could do.

When I was a kid, we used to tape firecrackers to action figures, and see what the damage was. Where was this kind of 'blow-shit-up' fun?

The scenes when the robots weren't on-screen were just mind-altering bad. Really poorly written shit, used to set up product-placement scenes.
Posted Image
www.tech-gaming.com

#10 simplygriff

simplygriff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2007 - 06:17 PM

So the backlash begins now. Bout damn time. When that crap came out everybody and their brother was all about how awesome it was. As a TransFan I hated it. I will say it's better on a smaller screen cause you can actually see what's going on but there was way too many inconsistencies and human emotions and junk. Movie shoulda been nothing but robots. Oh and Megan Fox.
-G

Posted Image

Brawl code: SMPLG 0087-2014-4891 - PM if you Add me!

#11 Blitz

Blitz

Nasty Bastard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2007 - 06:23 PM

I loved it.

But that might be because I didn't watch it growing up and didn't see how badly they bastardized the series.

I didn't love it but I did like it. I also watched it as a kid growing up too.

#12 WhipSmartBanky

WhipSmartBanky

Bring on the free hooch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2007 - 06:46 PM

For a movie based on toys and with Bay propensity for explosions, I wanted to see the damn Transformers blow each other arms, legs and head off. Watching them fight felt pointless; there was no sensation of the damage these big machines could do.

When I was a kid, we used to tape firecrackers to action figures, and see what the damage was. Where was this kind of 'blow-shit-up' fun?

The scenes when the robots weren't on-screen were just mind-altering bad. Really poorly written shit, used to set up product-placement scenes.

Unless I'm entirely missing the irony and/or sarcasm of your post: Frenzy
Spoiler
, Bumblebee
Spoiler
, Jazz
Spoiler
, Optimus
Spoiler
, Blackout, Devastator, and Scorponok
Spoiler
, and Megatron's
Spoiler
. I really can't imagine what more you wanted as far as "sensation of damage."

I watched Transformers as a kid, and I loved it. Yes, it was slow early on, and the bit at Sam's house was "my bad" awful, but FWIW, I thought the robot action sequences were great, and it had a lot of great homages and touches of the old stuff.

Now that, my friend, is a shared moment.

about.me/wsb

#13 help1

help1

What a dumb username

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2007 - 06:53 PM

I loved it.

Same.

#14 Theduck

Theduck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2007 - 06:55 PM

First time was watchable, second time was a snoozefest.
Posted Image

#15 Chrisness

Chrisness

Posted 25 October 2007 - 07:17 PM

If you didn't like transformers you have no penis.

Anyway, to the people that said there wasn't enough Transformers, there was and they needed a human story to help tell how the transformers are.

That's like complaining Peter Parker doesn't start off as Spiderman in Spiderman 1.

#16 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2007 - 07:20 PM

fucking movie was awful, thank god Cheapy is sane.
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#17 Nephlabobo

Nephlabobo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2007 - 07:27 PM

If you didn't like transformers you have no penis.

And if you liked it, you have no brain.

Horrible fucking movie.

It's a tie between Transformers and Halloween as to which is worst movie of the year.

#18 daroga

daroga

swimming with nanocarp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2007 - 07:32 PM

I liked Transformers. It's a great turn-your-brain-off action flick that could've used a little bit of editing.

Posted Image

#19 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2007 - 07:35 PM

I liked Transformers. It's a great turn-your-brain-off action flick that could've used a little bit of editing.

totally agree, the action scenes were great. the comedy bits...not so much.
63362.png
Blog | Twitter

#20 zerowing

zerowing

makiri ♥

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2007 - 07:36 PM

This was setting up the background of the Transformers to the normal viewing audience, I have huge expectations of a sequel, more explosions, more on the Transformers, and a more focused on the Transformers storyline. Spiderman 1 was like that, it was boring because it was Peter discovering his powers, but Spiderman 2 was an amazing film. Transformers 2 will be much better than the first I guarantee it.
Brawl Friend Code: 0860-2941-1088 PAUL

#21 gamegal

gamegal

Posted 25 October 2007 - 07:40 PM

Nobody like the new Transformers movie or Japanese bound series. Both suck tromendously and in the movie you barely could tell Megatron froma scrap of junk.

When there was Transformers in 1985 it was animated completely and was done by american artists. Even the 3d Transformers was made america.

Also StarScreen is a complete wuss in the real series.

#22 FaintDeftone

FaintDeftone

Zelda Fanatic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2007 - 07:53 PM

I hated the movie as soon as one of the transformers said "whut up beotch".

God I hated that movie.

#23 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2007 - 08:05 PM

Nobody like the new Transformers movie or Japanese bound series. Both suck tromendously and in the movie you barely could tell Megatron froma scrap of junk.

When there was Transformers in 1985 it was animated completely and was done by american artists. Even the 3d Transformers was made america.

Also StarScreen is a complete wuss in the real series.

ummm, the 1985 toon was animated in Japan but it was written by American writers. it was a collaboration between takara and hasbro.

and the 3D ones (beast wars and beast machines) were made by a canadian company actually (writing and animation). beast wars was pretty good
63362.png
Blog | Twitter

#24 Chrisness

Chrisness

Posted 25 October 2007 - 08:12 PM

This was setting up the background of the Transformers to the normal viewing audience, I have huge expectations of a sequel, more explosions, more on the Transformers, and a more focused on the Transformers storyline. Spiderman 1 was like that, it was boring because it was Peter discovering his powers, but Spiderman 2 was an amazing film. Transformers 2 will be much better than the first I guarantee it.

QFT

#25 anomynous

anomynous

Posted 25 October 2007 - 09:30 PM

movie elitism on the internet FTW

#26 DesertEagleXIX

DesertEagleXIX

Semper Economus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:41 PM

Unless I'm entirely missing the irony and/or sarcasm of your post: Frenzy

Spoiler
, Bumblebee
Spoiler
, Jazz
Spoiler
, Optimus
Spoiler
, Blackout, Devastator, and Scorponok
Spoiler
, and Megatron's
Spoiler
. I really can't imagine what more you wanted as far as "sensation of damage."

Maybe they were shot too close, or didn't have enough power behind them; but I didn't notice/care/realize these things were going on. I probably lost interest by the time the big 'finale' was occuring.
Posted Image
www.tech-gaming.com

#27 darthbudge

darthbudge

The Real DB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2007 - 11:05 PM

I thought the movie was pretty lame. What I hated the most was the kiddie potty humor. I want battiling robots not pee jokes damnit!

#28 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2007 - 12:09 AM

Agreed. The only part I didn't like are the transformations, as it's way too busy and distracts from the action.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

#29 SNAKE EYES EX

SNAKE EYES EX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2007 - 01:06 AM

I wouldn't put it on the AFI top 100 movies of all time; but I still thought it was a fun action flick.

Pretty much all movies suck. Either you get dumb action movies, potty-mouth comedy, or pretencious crap that is supposed to be "thought provoking".

I'll take a good game (with or without story) any day or over a movie, but when I'm too tired to hold a controller, a dumb movie fits the bill.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#30 phear3d

phear3d

NorAm = Fraud

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 October 2007 - 04:41 AM

i was a big fan of the series in the 80s and watched it everytime it was on even the repeats. the only thing i hate about it now is the music, it was a different generation back then.

i think the same goes for the movie. you cant just copy the original. me and my family liked it, specially my daughter (6 years old). the real complaint i have is that they could have shown them earlier than later in the movie. and i wish there were more fight scenes. and i think everyone else rolled their eyes when they saw the 360 turned into a transformer.