Photo
- - - - -

Contest - CAG Foreplay #22: Win Robotron (XBLA)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#1 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 01 November 2007 - 12:29 PM

As mentioned in CAG Foreplay #22, we have 2 copies of Robotron for the Xbox Live Arcade to give away. One of these is courtesy of internet legend Thorbahn3, so a big thank you for the donation there.

Just make a post in this thread stating which analog stick is your favorite and why. A winner will be randomly chosen (one for each stick) and announced on the next episode. Good luck!
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#2 GAMERMASTERMAN

GAMERMASTERMAN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2007 - 02:35 PM

i like the left stick, im a moving kidna guy
Posted Image
Shipwreck-"They mess with my McDonalds little person set, they're gunna get a little person in the head."

#3 Draknodred

Draknodred

Posted 01 November 2007 - 05:40 PM

I prefer the right stick, because it allows you to do many different things. In some games it is to control the camera, some games you control the aiming with it, in some games you use the stick to choose which direction you are shooting or attacking, in some games you use the stick to choose attacks, etc.

The right stick is a jack of all trades, a renaissance man if you will. The left stick is a one trick pony, and while quite reliable it is always the same. Although the left stick did try and deceive us trying to be a middle stick in the N64 controller, but we saw right through that. Also, people always want one more thing on the PSP, and what is it? A right analog stick, and that's because the right stick is the best stick.

Case Closed.

#4 dave17

dave17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2007 - 05:47 PM

cmoooooooooon lefty

#5 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2007 - 10:05 PM

Left Stick because back in the old country we played Nintendo 64, and we used the left hand to play with the analog stick. Now with new controllers having these sticks on the left side, it's more comfortable than using the right stick.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#6 Digital Bees

Digital Bees

Streets Ahead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2007 - 05:12 AM

Left stick because it seems like it's always the stick that moves the character. And in most games...moving your character is pretty important.

#7 radjago

radjago

Long-time CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2007 - 05:46 AM

Right stick carries all important precise moves that must be done to win. Camera control, aiming, dashing, whathaveyou.

Also, I would like the prestige of winning, but since I already own the game, I choose to gift my prize to the next randomly-chosen CAG.

#8 LiK

LiK

Internet Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2007 - 12:39 PM

Right Stick, the ability to aim and shoot in FPS games is super important. if you try playing any older console FPS games without that control scheme, it's super annoying. the right stick also made evasions in the God War series super fun and rewarding. and how can we forget how useful the right stick is when it's an integral part of the gameplay like the Katamari series and Ape Escape series. ^.^
63362.png
Blog | Twitter
"You lazy f*ck!" - Artie Lange to CheapyD on 8/31/09

#9 PyroGamer

PyroGamer

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:51 PM

Left stick because it's almost always there under your thumb no matter what, whereas I'm often using the button pad with my right thumb.

#10 qbkorso

qbkorso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2007 - 05:30 PM

Left stick because it came along first.

#11 pinebarrens

pinebarrens

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2007 - 08:31 PM

Left stick because that's how I roll.

#12 trent82

trent82

Master Of Unlocking

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2007 - 10:12 PM

the right stick is better because robotron has an achievement for finishing level 1 without moving, which is the left stick. clearly, if you can finish level 1 without the left stick, the right stick must be better.
3DS Friend Code :: 5112-3434-8624

#13 pelf21

pelf21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2007 - 03:46 AM

I'm a righty....thats where all the fun is

#14 heatdolphins45

heatdolphins45

Wade County CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2007 - 03:49 AM

Left Stick, being a lefty it has alot better control. plus stats show that lefties are smarter than righties.:D
Posted Image"Limits, like fear, is just an illusion," Michael Jordan.
Posted Image
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Black Ops
:psp: Burnout Legends

#15 buzzcola

buzzcola

Extra layer of cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 November 2007 - 07:36 AM

right stick beacuse i love tacos and pizza and because i like looking at the sky as i curve stomp my enemy :bouncy:

#16 richdmoore

richdmoore

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2007 - 01:41 AM

Right Stick, I'll take one precise shot over a spray and pray fps player any day.

#17 die138

die138

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2007 - 05:08 PM

Left stick....definitely. Sure wtih the right stick I could look anywhere I want, but what do I do when I see something I want or somewhere I want to go? Nothing. I'll live the rest of my life in endless torture. Left stick for life!!!

#18 oxidative

oxidative

last chance to evacuate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2007 - 09:40 PM

Right stick. It shoots.

#19 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2007 - 02:49 AM

Left stick because it's the main stick. Sure the right stick does stuff, but you'd be nowhere without the left one.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#20 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:05 PM

Gotta go with the right stick, first because I'm righty, but second because you shoot with the right stick and what red-blooded American doesn't like killing things?!

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#21 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:15 PM

right stick, i just always feel like i have more control over the right than the left stick.
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#22 cdrober

cdrober

Too many games & too little time.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 November 2007 - 02:57 PM

I prefer the left stick also, the right thumb should be used for button pressing!

#23 AlohaMars2

AlohaMars2

Ready to Roll

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 12:28 AM

I'm going with the right stick. In game I feel like I do have a higher level of control and one might say that the thumb on my right hand is better trained. Feel free to interpret that however creatively you want. :D

#24 TripMasterMunky

TripMasterMunky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 01:39 AM

Im gonna go with the Left, because if we didnt have that, then we would just be stuck with the not-so-good dpad....
[URL="http://www.BuckSharlow.com"][/URL]

#25 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 07 November 2007 - 07:15 AM

Contest closed. Winners are announced on CAG Foreplay #23.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image