Photo
- - - - -

Contest - CAG Foreplay #23: Win a Sega Saturn w/ X-Men: Children of the Atom!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
181 replies to this topic

#1 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 07 November 2007 - 02:25 PM

As talked about on the latest CAG Foreplay Podcast, CAG dragonsho is kind enough to donate a Sega Saturn with X-Men: Children of the Atom for this week's contest.

Please place your entries in this thread and a winner will be randomly chosen and announced on next week's show. Listen to the latest episode for the rules of the contest and good luck everyone!

Thanks again, dragonsho!
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#2 NinjaMajik

NinjaMajik

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 03:10 PM

Probably not a system defining game, but I played the hell out of Virtua Cop on the Saturn with my brother. That was probably a personal favorite.

#3 controlcommerce

controlcommerce

My Sega CD broke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 03:27 PM

I remember first the first time I saw X-Men: Children of the Atom at an Arcade, it's was the same feeling I got when MK2 came out. Thanks dragonsho for putting this up!

Guardian Heroes is one of the best games no one has ever played. This 6 player beat-em up/RPG has no been duplicated to this day.

Posted Image

#4 NateWhs152

NateWhs152

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 03:28 PM

Clockwork nights, One of the few games I played for the system and it was a really fun platformer.

#5 blueaurora

blueaurora

You are who you choose

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 03:34 PM

Memories of Nights into Dreams and Daaaaaaaaytoooooooooonaa! Spring to mind. I am still bitter of Sega's defeat that generation. I bet my money on the wrong horse. I got in when they offered the 3 free games. Daytona USA, Virtua Cop and Virtua Fighter 2 if I am not mistaken. Never got to play Panzer Dragoon Saga that and Shinning Force 3. My two greatest regrets.

Virtua Cop was a Fav. and fighting vipers was pretty sweet as well.

Posted Image

#6 DrunkTigerWoods

DrunkTigerWoods

Madness and malarkey!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 03:47 PM

I always wanted a saturn. Die hard arcade!!!!

552494.png

:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection 

#7 Agent_BBJ

Agent_BBJ

I am cannon fodder!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 03:47 PM

Nights into dreams would be so nice to play again. My sega saturn is broke. It was such a sad day.

#8 Bartex

Bartex

chuf it out?!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 03:48 PM

Virtua Cop ftw
Lag is free on PSN ...you have to pay for it on XBL

#9 Salmonday

Salmonday

Cranky Old Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 03:55 PM

I have a Sega Staurn already, so I'd have to turn around and pass that on to someone else. But Children of the Atom? That would be great to have. I have Darkstalkers for the Saturn and I still throw down on that to this day. Capcom = WIN.

#10 G-Nitro

G-Nitro

TheOtakuGamer.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 04:00 PM

Nice, unfortunately the Saturn was one of the few systems I have never owned. And yet somehow I own a game for it.... Namie Amuro's Digital Dance Beat. lulz

G-Nitro.com is my blog about Gaming, K-Pop, Anime and more!
Follow me on Twitter
XBL: GNitro MWS Steam: G-Nitro PSN: G-Nitro (Message me with who you are or I will probably ignore)

#11 magiic

magiic

DENNY CRANE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 04:06 PM

I have never owned a saturn as I wasnt even born when the Saturn came out. But I would love to experience it.
My eBay Feedback
Check out my CAG Trade List
Check out my auctions
Posted Image
Join GOOZEX a great site for trading your games
Join GameTraderWorld another great site for trading games. (They give away a FREE game every month)
Join ChaseTheChuckWagon (a great alternative to auctioning games on eBay)

#12 coltyhuxx

coltyhuxx

NoOtherValDudeCanTouchMe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 04:10 PM

The Saturn is one of the few consoles I'm missing.. would love to get my hands on one, as well as one of those nifty round Nights controllers...

Posted Image

#13 mxpowar

mxpowar

Menace II Sobriety

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 04:11 PM

IMO, the Saturn is one of the most underrated systems ever. I was actually about to buy one when it was discontinued. I ended up trading my Sega CD for it but unfortunately had to sell it because I needed the money. Anyway, my favorite game was definitely Shining Force III (best Shining Force, IMO). The Legend of Oasis was pretty damn good, too but I never got to play the Panzer Dragoon games which I'd love to play. Missed out on Orta too cause I never had an Xbox :(

#14 flybrione

flybrione

Guitar Solo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 04:27 PM

I have only played a saturn a few times. One of my friends bought one at launch. The first game I ever played happened to be the horrible Aerosmith game Revolution X. Unfortunately that is the only game I can really remember playing. I know he had a sports game too but I can't remeber which one.

#15 mpau25

mpau25

Posted 07 November 2007 - 04:34 PM

I remember getting a Saturn at launch, but not really loving it till I got Sega Rally, raced those few tracks over and over!

#16 garrett186

garrett186

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 04:40 PM

My favorite game would have to be Mortal Kombat Trilogy.

#17 xrayzwei

xrayzwei

is ready to believe you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 04:46 PM

Guardian Heroes is where it's at.

#18 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 04:49 PM

I remember when the Saturn Launched...What a surprise to everyone. I went to 3 Electronic's Boutique (as EB Games used to be called) and they didn't even know they were getting it. I got a call from one of them later in the day saying they got one from UPS delivery and if I wanted it. Retail Price $499. Talk about Sticker shock.

Best game ever? Panzer Dragoon Saga. Duh!

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#19 PetriesLastWord

PetriesLastWord

Reeking of Awesomeness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 04:51 PM

I haven't played much Saturn, so this would be nice. I'd have to track down a copy of Nights, that's for sure.
Posted Image

#20 merkman

merkman

CA is better than DA.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 04:58 PM

One of these days, hope to get a Saturn. I'd love to have...

Dead or Alive
Tomb Raider and
World Series Baseball '98 (think it's 98, not 1 or 2... but the LAST one they made)
"Remember, remember, the fifth of November - the gunpowder, treason, and plot.

I see no reason the gunpowder treason should *ever* be forgot."

#21 blueseraphtears

blueseraphtears

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 04:59 PM

Wow, talk about old school. I don't think I ever had that system, so owning it now would be most excellent.
[URL="http://www.yourfree360games.com/index.php?ref=234753"][/URL]

#22 pimpinc333

pimpinc333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:05 PM

Shining Force III FTW! I bought a Sega Saturn just to play this game. Ahhh memories :)

#23 SonOfAtari

SonOfAtari

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:07 PM

Never had a Saturn, but have always wanted one. I'd love to have Virtua Cop, I remember having a blast with VC2 on the Dreamcast.

#24 sublime90

sublime90

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:08 PM

my favorite saturn game is, Mr Bones!. mr bones is a music/platformer i guess. lots of cool elements and gameplay in this game that had never been done during that time. from the FMV's and the musical aspect of the game it was great. but i remember it being really difficult to beat.

#25 NWgamer666

NWgamer666

Vorsprung Durch Technik

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:09 PM

I thought the x-men game was amazingly cool when I was a kid. That and Daytona USA.

#26 vosos102

vosos102

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:12 PM

After playing the awful Virtua Fighter on the 32X, my favorite Saturn game was Virtua Fighter 2. What a difference over the POS 32X version.

#27 Modore

Modore

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:13 PM

Really miss the Saturn. Would love to have one. DAYTONA YEEEEEAAAA:lol:

#28 sweeper1303

sweeper1303

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:14 PM

My favorite Saturn game I had was probaly Nights. It took me awhile to figure out what I was doing but those were simpler times.
Posted Image

#29 darbyjones

darbyjones

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:15 PM

Awesome prize. I loved Virtua Fighter on the Saturn. I'm pretty sure that's the only game I played for it though.
Gamertag: nastradamus123
Listen to DL Icognito

Posted ImagePosted Image

#30 heatdolphins45

heatdolphins45

Wade County CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:17 PM

Ive never owned a Sega system much less a Saturn so this would be a great experience for me
Posted Image"Limits, like fear, is just an illusion," Michael Jordan.
Posted Image
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Black Ops
:psp: Burnout Legends