CAGcast #97: A Cut Below

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:41 AM

This week we cover a ton of new releases, big news on all three consoles, Black Friday deals, the history of CAG, your CAGbag questions, and so much more!

Win one of 4 copies of Contra 4 (DS)!
Enter our CAGcast Theme Song Contest! Win $100 CASH!

http://media.libsyn.com/media/cheapyd/cagcast97.mp3
Download - 121 minutes, 57MB
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image [digg]http://digg.com/podcasts/CAGcast[/digg]
Past CAGcasts

Show Linkage/Notes
(click the button below to expand):

#2 Punk_Raven

Punk_Raven

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:08 PM

A yo dat song iz hard a shit nigga.

Great episode.

"But I tell you I do feel like I'm rocking out when I look over on the couch and see Ms. Cheapy with her titties hanging out....then I see my son"( or I think that's how you ended that bit )

Still great.

#3 E*Master

E*Master

Cross Border Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:59 PM

Damn, released 30 mins after I left my house for work... DAMN!

#4 HOVA uk

HOVA uk

Residential Fart Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2007 - 03:19 PM

ahh man that http://www.geocities...tant/index.html

Laugh out Loud funny.. espicially the movie.. my dayz..

Good Show again.. still have to send something for the 100th show.

#5 gorgo

gorgo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2007 - 03:57 PM

That theme song is fantastic. I want the mp3. No, really.

#6 Jewelz23

Jewelz23

one spec @ a time.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2007 - 04:44 PM

hey CheapyD, chances are (almost positive) you will be able to run Crysis on your iMac on at LEAST medium settings depending on which model you picked up. Just install Windows via Bootcamp and you should be good to go. Try the demo if anything.

The iMac I think you picked up blows the minimum system requirements away.

Minimum System Requirements
Processor: Pentium 4 @ 2.8 GHz
Memory: 1 GB (1.5 GB on Windows Vista)
Hard Drive: 12 GB Free
Video Memory: 256 MB (nVidia GeForce 6800/ATI Radeon 9800 Pro)
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
DirectX: 9.0c
Keyboard & Mouse
DVD Rom Drive

Recommended System Requirements
Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO 2.2 GHz or Athlon 64 X2 4400+
Memory: 2 GB
Hard Drive: 12 GB Free
Video Memory: 256 MB (nVidia 6800 GT/ATI X800 Pro)
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
DirectX: 9.0c
Keyboard & Mouse
DVD Rom Drive

Supported chipsets:
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 GT or greater; ATI Radeon 9800 Pro (Radeon X800 Pro for Vista) or greater. Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Integrated chipsets are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required.

#7 Jewelz23

Jewelz23

one spec @ a time.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2007 - 04:47 PM

Yeah, I just ran a youtube search that confirms what I have been thinking. the iMac will run Crysis.

#8 CouRageouS

CouRageouS

Rootbeer=Superwater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2007 - 04:58 PM

Cheapy I had this bookmarked for an eventual PS3 purchase
http://www.tuaw.com/...r-mac-to-a-ps3/
It seems complicated but I just had it marked for the future. For a Mac/360 connection, which is a whole lot easier, I use a program called Connect360. Theres a couple other programs if you want better video support but Connect360 works well enough for me. It uses iTune's playlists too so it works great to make game specific soundtracks for yourself.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#9 weevles

weevles

Posted 15 November 2007 - 06:44 PM

Enjoy Puerto Rico, Wombat. Have some Church's Fried Chicken for me (it's like the McDonald's of Puerto Rico...or maybe Starbucks).

#10 Guttersnipe

Guttersnipe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2007 - 06:56 PM

ahh man that http://www.geocities...tant/index.html

Laugh out Loud funny.. espicially the movie.. my dayz..

Good Show again.. still have to send something for the 100th show.

aww man, I can't see the site because it has been deactivated due to "inactivity" and needs to be reactivated.

#11 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:18 PM

Cheapy,

Remember that the original integrity line is the same line Nintendo used right before the Virtual Console launch.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#12 dubbfoolio

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2007 - 07:25 PM

don't do it Cheapy! Don't snip poor little Tai! We evolved with foreskin. It's there for a reason. It makes sex better! Foreskin rocks!

#13 geminas01

geminas01

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:17 PM

Wow Cheapy, props for going over PC games (or err, one PC game) for once. Perhaps when you can Bootcamp set up on your Mac you'll start covering them, as Cheapassgamer has mostly been consoles only.

As for the subject of Xbox games on LIVE, ...adding additional features and achivements to these games would probably mean augmenting the code somehow, which may introduce further problems to the games. (hence "maintaining the integrity"). So, short of saying "hey, we just didn't have the money and didn't care enough to put developers back to work on these old games, and that we're releasing these games on line to rip you off," I believe Major Nelson used the correct choice of words in his explaination.

#14 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:38 PM

Hah! I really liked that theme song Can't wait to listen to the rest when I drive home from work.

Hail to Pitt!

#15 Fuzi0n

Fuzi0n

"What's a Nubian?"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2007 - 08:47 PM

That intro is HOT!

#16 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:29 PM

43% sounds right about the parents. My parents never played with me and were not around the area while I played.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#17 stonefry

stonefry

Not stoned or fried!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:30 PM

I guess that technically "Grand Theft" does rhyme with "grand theft," but isn't that bad form? Just sayin'.

#18 catapult37

catapult37

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:36 PM

I guess that technically "Grand Theft" does rhyme with "grand theft," but isn't that bad form? Just sayin'.

I think if it's done in a knowing, tongue-in-cheek way (as it is in this song), it's more interesting than incorrect. Also, he's contrasting two different meanings of the phrase.
Posted Image

Xbox Live: catapult27
Now playing: Batman AA, The Witcher
Need to Finish: Far Cry 2
Up Next: InFamous 2 (hype!!)

#19 WalkinPneumonia

WalkinPneumonia

Professional Cheap @$$

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:39 PM

That theme song is fantastic. I want the mp3. No, really.

I want it too.
Posted Image

#20 Droogs

Droogs

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:14 PM

wtf...i watched the video and i just kept waiting for something to happen after the question marks flew in.

nothing came...:wall:

#21 HOVA uk

HOVA uk

Residential Fart Man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:24 PM

wtf...i watched the video and i just kept waiting for something to happen after the question marks flew in.

nothing came...:wall:

Thats the genius of it.. :lol:

#22 itachiitachi

itachiitachi

Posted 16 November 2007 - 01:06 AM

Just came to say, after all that talk about getting a good computer and finally doing some PC gaming, you better use some kind of windows emulator and try some of the gems it has to offer.

Also I hated that theme song, I would rather listen to more navy ads.

#23 bobthecat23

bobthecat23

Més que un Club

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2007 - 02:39 AM

cheapy weres that pic of ur imac setup

Posted Image

#24 bobthecat23

bobthecat23

Més que un Club

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2007 - 02:44 AM

its puerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrto rrrrrrrrrico and im not puerrrrrrrrrrto rrrrrrrrrrrican

Posted Image

#25 GLOCKGLOCK

GLOCKGLOCK

Too many games...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2007 - 03:40 AM

Cheapy, Thanks for the shout out on the CAGcast for the CAGs Guitar Hero group! Here is the direct link if anyone wants to sign up!

http://www.guitarher...r_groups/207319

Lets get as many CAGs as possible in the group and start moving up the leaderboard!

Hail to Pitt!

#26 a_bleak_tomorrow

a_bleak_tomorrow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2007 - 03:41 AM

hey Cheapy just wanted to let you know the comics you can read without paper is called dcp. check you local torrent search for there weekly releases.

#27 orko60

orko60

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2007 - 03:45 AM

That's the funniest goddamn website ever Cheapy. Did you ever get any "clients?" Anyone contact you for consulting work on which game to buy? It's kind of like a predecessor to "What they play," isn't it?

On the much-maligned topic of PS3 vs. 360 online play, I still don't understand the argument against playing COD4 (or most other games with online play) on PS3. There is clearly an option to invite friends to a room before you jump into the game, and it connects directly with your friends list. This is the same in Warhawk as well, and also in Rainbow Six Vegas. Is the difference on the 360 more that you can jump into a room from outside the game, like I can on Steam? That would be great. People, though, act like the PS3 online system is completely broken and impossible to use with your friends.

If, perhaps, all of your friends were on 360, and you had very few on PSN, then I would understand. Of course you'd want to go where your friends are. But to make it seem like it's impossible to have a friend join a game is a little spurious, in my opinion.

Where is FriskyTanuki to back me up on this? He's usually on the front lines in this conversation!
Posted Image

#28 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2007 - 04:59 AM

The whole "afraid my PS3 willl die excuse" doesn't work. I happen to talk to Scobie, Martin and Musicnoteless often and none of their PS3s (including martens three that fold every minute, even now) hasn't "red ringed". The thing just won't crap out unless your circuit breaker blows like marten's has. The dude has too much gaming shit in one area but it does look bad ass. thinking of it, why don't you leave your PS3 on in folding mode while on vacation. You're not going to use it and you might get skin cancer by accident while on the beach. ;)
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#29 rogueweapon

rogueweapon

FREEyourMIND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:43 AM

Good show guys. An easy way to get a CAG theme on the ps3 would be just to download it directly to the ps3 via the web browser.
Posted Image

GET SMART, sub my videos & favorites on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/rogueweapon

@rogueweapon twitter
http://www.twitter.com/rogueweapon

#30 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 November 2007 - 11:53 AM

Oh my God!

Your Geocities page sucks!!

:rofl: :rofl: