All Transworld stores - Bonus 45% trade in credit is back! ENDS 7/19

• Please log in to reply
348 replies to this topic

#1 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2008 - 11:01 PM

Its that time of year again, all Transworld stores (FYE, Suncoast, Sam Goody, Wherehouse, Sam Goody, Strawberries, Coconuts, Specs, Saturday Matinee, Music Land, etc) will be running their bi-annual 45% bonus "brown bag" special. Transworld corporate has said they are going to stop selling video games altogether, so this may be your last chance to stock up on credit.

Basically, anything you bring in any bag gets either a 20% bonus for cash, or 45% (25% policy + 20% bag) bonus for store credit. Stores should have the brown bags (seen below) somewhere on the counter that have all the details.

If you want to check the values of your games/dvds/cd's, go to http://www.secondspin.com . Prices for DVDs can vary by 10-20%, but usually games are spot on as long as the UPC's match.

Just to confirm one more time, this bag adds 20% onto either the CASH price, or if you choose credit, it adds 20% to the 25% bonus that Transworld policy gives, giving you a total of 45% if you choose credit. If you check your trade in values on Secondspin, add 20% to that value for the amount you'd get if you chose cash, or add 45% for the amount you would get if you chose credit.

Posted Image

538822.png

#2 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2008 - 11:09 PM

Holy shit, I was just there today checking out what was suppose to be the video game clearance and of course BOTH FYE's at Fairoaks mall isn't doing this. Fuck..I'm loading up and going back tomorrow. I just got PoP:RS for the Wii for 8 bucks from target and the flip value might be good(12$+45%!)

#3 jasonsoldout

jasonsoldout

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2008 - 11:23 PM

mine seems to be only offering an additional 20%...:( and gamestop is paying a lot more for the games I want to trade in and they also have a 20% thing going on if you trade 4 or more games

#4 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 January 2008 - 11:42 PM

mine seems to be only offering an additional 20%...:( and gamestop is paying a lot more for the games I want to trade in and they also have a 20% thing going on if you trade 4 or more games

Their policy is that they give 25% normally, add a bonus 20% to make for 45% total bonus. Sorry if that was confusing.

538822.png

#5 dexman

dexman

Posted 02 January 2008 - 02:27 AM

Niiiice. This is exactly what I've been waiting for again! Can anybody else verify this? I know I'll probably give them a call tomorrow.

#6 EDiTOR9

EDiTOR9

Posted 02 January 2008 - 02:49 AM

Sweet! This is how I got two PS3s last year!8-)
Though, this time around I don't think I will have enough time to invest in getting that much credit, maybe enough for a few Hi-def movies, but they're usually so overpriced; I'm not too motivated. Regardless, thanks, OP! :)
3DS: AC New Leaf | PSV:Resistance/Black Ops/MGS 3 SE | PS4: Ghosts/Killzone | Wii U: SC: Blacklist | PS3: TWD S2 | Xbox360: GoWJ | Xbox1: DR3

...*I* am said douche (as if y'all didn't know)...

I just had sex with my mom and she gave me flowers

#7 hurley7715

hurley7715

is on here way too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2008 - 03:05 AM

niiceee, this got me an elite during the summer..... cant wait to see what game will be the new eragon like last time around, would like to pick up rockband
Posted Image

#8 GBmanNC

GBmanNC

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2008 - 03:11 AM

Should be good with the cc price reduction in clearence games starting this sunday.

#9 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2008 - 03:35 AM

The gem of the summer 07 45% sale had to be NBA Starting Five. It was at most $2 at EB/GS(less with edge or other promotions) and traded for $18 credit. Amazingly the $12 base value held up til October or November before it dropped to $2. I think I was able to trade at least 15 in those few months.

ESPN National Hockey Night for XBX (2002 hockey game) is still worth $12, but i cant find it anywhere except on EB's website (they charge $25 for it, still). I've looked on ebay, half, and amazon with no results for XBX.

I looked through all of Gamefly's year end sale, and EB/GS's 360, PS3 & Wii stuff, and there arent any really good flips. There are way too many cheap games to be checking manually for the last gen & handheld systems. Secondspin or WHerehouse really should implement a "sort by highest value" option.

538822.png

#10 Coper3000

Coper3000

Gettin' Old.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2008 - 03:43 AM

Hopefully theirs a few gems that flip for a good store credit like the above user said. I wouldn't mind picking up a 360 for cheap.

#11 miktau

miktau

Carpal'/Tunnel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2008 - 03:45 AM

Verified, was gonna start a thread on this but you beat me too it, i got the bag this mornign at an fye. get them before they disapear in two days like last time.

Posted Image

#12 ighosty

ighosty

I just lost the game.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2008 - 03:52 AM

checking this out tommorrow. Can anyone from the VA confirm this?

#13 cranguy

cranguy

with Rare Y-fold seal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2008 - 04:11 AM

OP, do you have a source on corporate saying they're going to stop selling games altogether?
Hope not. fye is a good source for sealed OOP titles.

-Alex
qualitydisc2med.jpg

#14 thunderx85

thunderx85

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:53 AM

any games that is worth getting 45% credit?
Posted Image

#15 Yusuke-Urameshi-

Yusuke-Urameshi-

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2008 - 09:42 AM

My FYE is started to clear out new games at 30% off....Does this mean they'll no longer accept game trade-ins? I'll call as soon as they open, but if anyone has any insight, it would be appreciated.
My site about shirts, shoes, and more:
Wicked Cloth.es

#16 phear3d

phear3d

NorAm = Fraud

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:47 AM

i just searched for some of the games i could possibly trade but i think they give you even lower than before. unless its like madden 08 for 360 which nets you $22 before the bump. search the games youre going to trade first before you bring them in. you might get 2 or upto 4 times the amount they give you on ebay

#17 Staraang21

Staraang21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:07 AM

do they still scrutinize discs with a magnifiying glass for scratches?

#18 IAmTheCheapestGamer

IAmTheCheapestGamer

Posted 02 January 2008 - 12:30 PM

That they do Star, but if people took care of their games, then they wouldn't have to worry about them being scrutinized. Those people are better off going to GS with their games, where they don't give a crap what they take in.

Too bad I traded away all the games/dvds/cds I wanted to trade in during the LAST 45% bump deal.

i added a link to more wang pics. yu wang i mean not wang wang as in penis.

Sarcasm-Just one of the many services I offer.
Posted Image

#19 Bezerker

Bezerker

Bezerker Barrage!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2008 - 01:10 PM

I dont have any specific details from corporate about them stopping all video games sales/trading. I heard it from both managers that I know at the local stores. They were also supposed to stop selling Geneon DVDs in December, but that didnt happen, so maybe they will keep doing games in select markets.

FYE can be pretty anal when it comes to the quality of the game, but it really depends on who is on register. I've traded things with light scratches. One time i tried to trade something that had quite a few deep scratches. They rejected it. I then bought one of their $1 cleaning kits and went outside the store to clean the disc. The cleaner leaves some nasty looking streaks, but they said it was okay since the scratches couldnt be seen (great logic there).

538822.png

#20 phear3d

phear3d

NorAm = Fraud

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2008 - 03:18 PM

do they still scrutinize discs with a magnifiying glass for scratches?

they do require out-of-the-plastic quality. its almost imposible to trade a game with them.

#21 bassec

bassec

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2008 - 03:28 PM

Just checked here in FL, valid!

#22 romodome

romodome

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2008 - 03:46 PM

Gosh, I hope they have good trade in values for MUA and Forza 2, I hate getting credit at Blockbuster. Lets see what we can flip, I need a new 360 and a DS.

#23 Staraang21

Staraang21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2008 - 03:53 PM

If anyone knows any good games to flip, especially clearanced games from big box stores, please post here. i'm hoping for a bonanza like we all got last time with the 360 games.

#24 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:29 PM

Thanks OP but too risky for me. I hate FYE with a passion and I'm not gonna buy clearance games on a bonanza to trade-in to them with no guarantee they'll take them. That includes games that I'd buy new. Their prices are also terrible and rebate-tastic for the most part so this would require A LOT of work for the FYE stores in my area to get something halfway decent.

#25 hurley7715

hurley7715

is on here way too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:33 PM

i had some extreme problems with fye last time around, i think they knew i was ripping them off when i traded in a ton of eragons over a 2 week period

when i bought my 360, i took it home , opened it , and noticed the vent was cracked, drove right back, and they refused to take it back claiming i had to go through microsoft, etc, i went livid, and after about 30 minutes of me flipping out i exchanged for a gift card back, and they told me basically to never shop in there again
Posted Image

#26 davo1224

davo1224

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:35 PM

Mark my words, if Transworld ever went under I'd be so happy that I'd buy a game for everyone on CAG. That store is so shit in just about every way.

#27 unforeseen

unforeseen

Crime Scene Investigator

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:42 PM

Mark my words, if Transworld ever went under I'd be so happy that I'd buy a game for everyone on CAG. That store is so shit in just about every way.

Every CAG will hold you to your word. I can live with a free Madden 06. :)

#28 whymustiregister

whymustiregister

Coupon PDF Maker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:44 PM

After the heavy :ps3: Enchanted Arms flipping, the Sam Goody near me capped trades at 2 of a specific title. Not per day, per account. I had to dump my last copy at GameRush.

They've also jacked up their game prices, most items are $3 over MSRP ($52.99 instead of $49.99), like how GameStop used to be. Unless there's a really good deal, I'm not going to bother with them.

#29 hurley7715

hurley7715

is on here way too much

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:48 PM

yeah i noticed that too, all 59.99 games were 62.99 at the fye that is downstairs from my office

even controllers, etc were 52.99 for six axis/ 360 wireless

rockband is 199!!
Posted Image

#30 jza1218

jza1218

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 January 2008 - 05:53 PM

Every CAG will hold you to your word. I can live with a free Madden 06. :)

Especially cause that day is creeping closer. My local one just went out of business.