Photo
- - - - -

Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 rmcguin316

rmcguin316

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:39 PM

Dose anyone out there know how or where I can import the UK version of this game to the US?
Thanks for the help.

#2 ZForce

ZForce

Humbling Pumpkin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:44 PM

I would try www.ncsx.com and see if they have it
Posted Image
Dreams do come true....

Check out my stuff for sale!
Chase the Chuckwagon! - http://www.chasethec...ites/zforceffc/
CAG Tradelist - http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=189109

#3 rmcguin316

rmcguin316

Posted 07 January 2008 - 04:56 PM

No luck but thanks.

#4 Tricky

Tricky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 January 2008 - 06:44 PM

Game.co.uk has it for £24.99 ($50.53) plus shipping.

http://www.game.co.u...Rosy-Rupeeland/

#5 rmcguin316

rmcguin316

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:04 PM

Awesome
Thanks

#6 PyroGamer

PyroGamer

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:35 PM

This is actually a pretty good game, too.

#7 guinaevere

guinaevere

plays well with others

• Super Moderators

Posted 07 January 2008 - 09:02 PM

Play Asia also has the japanese version. With the Pound conversion rate, it works out to be cheaper from Play Asia.

And this thread is moving to the Request a Video Game Deal forum. OP wasn't asking for a deal, but the purpose of the thread is about buying the game, not to discuss the game.
gwensigol8.png

#8 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 January 2008 - 11:00 PM

Play Asia also has the japanese version. With the Pound conversion rate, it works out to be cheaper from Play Asia.

Ah but the Japanese version is in Japanese while the Europe version is in English

#9 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 January 2008 - 01:49 AM

There was talk of this coming stateside (possibly in an online only Electroplankton type of deal). Have they officially canned it?

#10 dhelor

dhelor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:19 AM

There was talk of this coming stateside (possibly in an online only Electroplankton type of deal). Have they officially canned it?

There was never any talk of this being released in the US. Therefore, they can't can something that was never planned in the first place.

#11 SDC

SDC

OMFG PINKU

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:30 AM

There were rumors, but considering it came out back in 2006, I don't think we'll ever see it over here. Luckily, I have a friend studying abroad in London right now...
So I'd also take this opportunity to ask if there are any other released-in-the-UK-but-not-in-the-US DS games I should keep in mind?

#12 roc's feather

roc's feather

Man about town

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2008 - 07:35 AM

I'd like to get this.... but $50 is a bit pricey for something that probably doesn't have the staying power some other games would...
"We cannot become what we need to be by remaining what we are." - Max De Pree
Posted Image

#13 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2008 - 08:02 AM

So I'd also take this opportunity to ask if there are any other released-in-the-UK-but-not-in-the-US DS games I should keep in mind?

I think there's a game called Anno 1701 AD that only came out in the UK. I want to say it got good scores, and is a simulation game along the lines of Civilization.

I believe that a version of Myst was also released, but I heard it was a terrible port.

For the record, Tingle had next to no chance of coming to America. Americans showed a rather large dislike for the character and his ...um.... colorful overtones.

Which is really, really stupid. I have the game but haven't tried it out just yet - there's a lot I'm working through at the moment.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#14 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2008 - 09:21 AM

There was never any talk of this being released in the US. Therefore, they can't can something that was never planned in the first place.

Actually, I took a survey on nintendo.com after reading a preview about it in NP asking if people would be interested in it. But that was a long time ago so I highly doubt it will be released here. It's on the trade site Goozex too btw.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#15 charles

charles

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2008 - 09:43 AM

I've played it, it's very creative, but it seems to be love it or hate it from te impressions I've seen online. Keep your eyes on ebay, occasionally its sold from someone in the uk, and its cheaper than an online retailer.

#16 Josef

Josef

Touched the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:34 PM

Actually, I took a survey on nintendo.com after reading a preview about it in NP asking if people would be interested in it. But that was a long time ago so I highly doubt it will be released here. It's on the trade site Goozex too btw.

I took the survey as well. I guess not enough people showed interest in it for them to bring it over. A pity...

#17 Malik112099

Malik112099

Got Wife?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:45 PM

http://search.ebay.c...eland=
Posted Image

#18 jh6269

jh6269

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2009 - 04:15 PM

So does the UK version work in a US-region DS?
In other words, is the game region locked; will it play on any DS?

#19 SDC

SDC

OMFG PINKU

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 June 2009 - 04:28 PM

No original DS games are region-locked, it will work with your DS.

#20 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 June 2009 - 03:15 AM

Just beware that versions from other European countries (e.g., Germany) have an English option in the game, but the intstruction booklet is not in English.