Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Resistance 2 - Out Now - Get your co-op on!

• Please log in to reply
1377 replies to this topic

#1 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 02:33 AM

Posted Image

After a valiant struggle to stop the Chimera invasion in Europe, mankind must make its last stand on the shores of the United States. In the highly anticipated follow-up to the best-selling PS3 game, Resistance 2 places players in the heroic role of Sgt. Nathan Hale as he struggles against overwhelming odds to defend mankind from the unstoppable Chimera. While wrestling with this insidious war machine, Hale must also battle the virus raging inside of his own body that threatens to transform him into the very creatures he fights against.

Powered by Insomniac Games' third-generation PS3 technology, Resistance 2 will deliver unprecedented console gaming breakthroughs with a stand-alone eight-player, class-based online co-op campaign (up to 8 players) and 60-player online competitive multiplayer. An epic single-player campaign will feature a new weapons arsenal to combat giant boss encounters that increase the scale of the conflict to new heights. And players will enjoy a new level of community support.

• Single-player campaign featuring large-scale conflict and epic boss battles take place across a variety of massive and unique environments in the United States
  • Breakthrough, class-based 8-player online co-op featuring a separate story-driven campaign
  • Unprecedented squad-based 60-player online competitive multiplayer battles

Official Resistance 2 Community Site: http://beta.myresistance.net

Trophies

1. Platinum Trophy - Obtain all Gold, Silver, and Bronze Trophies for Resistance 2 - Platinum
2. Rampage! - Kill 40 hybrids in the Single Player Campaign. - Bronze
3. Covert Ops - Collect 5 pieces of Intel in the Single Player Campaign. - Bronze
4. Recycler - Defeat the Goliath in the Single Player Campaign. - Bronze
5. Fried Calamari - Defeat the Kraken in the Single Player Campaign. - Bronze
6. Exterminator - Defeat the Mother Spinner in the Single Player Campaign. - Bronze
7. Flyswatter - Defeat the Swarm in the Single Player Campaign. - Bronze
8. The Bigger They Are - Defeat the Leviathan in the Single Player Campaign. - Bronze
9. Big Game Hunter - Defeat the Marauder in the Single Player Campaign. - Bronze
10. Nowhere to Hide - Tag and kill 30 enemies with the Bullseye in the Single Player Campaign. - Bronze
11. Sharpshooter - Get 30 headshots while scoped in with the Fareye or Marksman in the Single Player Campaign. - Bronze
12. Explosives Expert - Get 150 kills with the Carbine 40mm, LAARK, or Frag Grenade in the Single Player Campaign. - Bronze
13. They Go "Boom" - Get 30 kills with the Magnum secondary fire in the Single Player Campaign. - Bronze
14. Pyromaniac - Set 100 enemies of fire with the Bellock Semi-Automic, Air-Fuel Grenade, Spider Grenade, or environmental hazard in the Single Player Campaign. - Bronze
15. Spitting Lead - Kill 50 enemies using the Wraith with the force barrier engaged in the Single Player Campaign. - Bronze
16. I See You - Kill 50 enemies through solid matter with the Auger in the Single Player Campaign. - Bronze
17. Talk To The Hand - Use the Auger force barrier to stop 150 incoming enemy shots in the single player Campaign. - Bronze
18. For Close Encounters - Get 10 one-hit head-shot kills with the Shotgun in the Single Player Campaign. - Bronze
19. Pincushion - Get 50 kills with the Hedgehog in the Single Player Campaign. - Bronze
20. Up Close and Personal - Get 50 melee kills with any weapon in the Single Player Campaign. - Bronze
21. Wrecking Machine - Destroy 40 vehicles in the Single Player Campaign. - Bronze
22. Mind Your Surroundings - Get 50 indirect kills using explosive objects in levels in the Single Player Campaign. - Bronze
23. Salute Me - Achieve the rank of Lieutenant. - Silver
24. Exotic Weapon Collector - Get 20 kills with each weapon in the Single Player Campaign. - Silver
25. Master Spy - Collect all the Intel documents in the Single Player Campaign. - Silver
26. Snipe Hunt -Kill 30 Spinners in the Single Player Campaign. - Silver
27. Xenocide - Kill 1000 enemies in the Single Player Campaign. - Silver
28. R.I.P. Jordan Shepherd - Defeat Daedalus, Complete the Single Player Campaign. - Gold
29. OMGWTFBBQ - Complete the Single Player Campaign on Superhuman. - Gold
30. Berserker - Use every berserk at least once in Online Competitive Multiplayer. - Bronze
31. Point Man - Earn 1 million XP from ranked games in online Competitive mode. - Silver
32. Killing Machine - Score 10,000 kills in ranked matches in Online Competitive Multiplayer. - Gold
33. Specter Recon - Collect 50 pieces of gray tech in the Cooperative Campaign. - Bronze
34. Specter Initiate - Complete 20 missions in the Cooperative Campaign. - Bronze
35. Team Player - Complete 5 missions with a full party of 8 in the Cooperative Campaign. - Bronze
36. Tour of Duty - Complete one mission on each region in the Cooperative Campaign. - Bronze
37. Specter Officer - Reach max level (35) with one class in the Cooperative Campaign. - Silver
38. Primarch Hunter - Kill 200 Elite Chimerans in the Cooperative Campaign. - Silver
39. Specter Intel - Collect all Intel in the Cooperative Campaign. - Gold

Latest Info

Spoiler

Edited by FriskyTanuki, 04 November 2008 - 10:10 PM.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#2 Wontwin

Wontwin

CAG ALL DAY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 02:49 AM

I really like the sound of the 8 player co-op. Also 60 player online sounds cool, I really enjoy Resistance and I diffenetly will be keeping and eye on Resistance 2.

#3 heatdolphins45

heatdolphins45

Wade County CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 02:54 AM

:drool:
Posted Image"Limits, like fear, is just an illusion," Michael Jordan.
Posted Image
Currently Playing:
:ps3: Black Ops
:psp: Burnout Legends

#4 Kendal

Kendal

My sleep number is 69

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 02:54 AM

Sweet. I had a blast going through Halo 3 online with 3 other friends. This will be awesome with 7 others!

But now I'm ready for D/P, excited and terrified. It's going to eat so many hours of my life.

I am a pussy :-(

Brawl FC: 3480 - 2198 - 7321 Name: KEN

#5 tiredfornow

tiredfornow

Posted 12 January 2008 - 02:57 AM

Whoa.

Eight player co-op? Fuck yeah.

#6 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:10 AM

Oh yes, this news is so awesome. I was hoping for online co-op, but I never expected 8. 60 players at once is awesome too. I cannot wait.

I will be the CAG clan leader for Resistance 2. ;)
Posted Image

#7 TimPV3

TimPV3

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:16 AM

60 is fucking crazy, and seeing that cover made me cum a little.

Fuck

#8 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:41 AM

Lets see if Halo 3, 4, 5, can even meet the standards set by Resistance. Cause right now, Resistance 2 has just blown away the competition. GOTY congrats!
Posted Image

#9 Kaijufan

Kaijufan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:43 AM

Very impressive. Hopefully they'll be able to do a good job of pulling all of that off.
Posted Image

#10 BackInBlack

BackInBlack

Fisher Price DSL

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:48 AM

I really am gona have to get a PS3 soon.
StarCraft 2 - Roses

#11 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:51 AM

The multi-squad play with each squad going after their own objectives sounds seriously awesome. I just hope there's keyboard/mouse support in this. DICE, start taking notes for BF3142.

#12 magiic

magiic

DENNY CRANE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:55 AM

this sounds pretty sweet
My eBay Feedback
Check out my CAG Trade List
Check out my auctions
Posted Image
Join GOOZEX a great site for trading your games
Join GameTraderWorld another great site for trading games. (They give away a FREE game every month)
Join ChaseTheChuckWagon (a great alternative to auctioning games on eBay)

#13 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:56 AM

Another game I'll be looking foward to. Thanks op

deadpool_signature_by_hsalpihw-d38xyht.p

#14 wtfisthisfob

wtfisthisfob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:05 AM

Wow definately GOTY canidate if Insomniac can pull this off

#15 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 12 January 2008 - 04:45 AM

Pretty cool news. I actually never finished the first before I sold it off though.

seanr1221.png

#16 primetime

primetime

What time is it?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 05:31 AM

I do hope the game can find another color to put on screen besides brown.

True dat. It actually made going through the campaign seem like a chore at times.
Posted Image

#17 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 05:42 AM

Badass

If they can make it as lag free as Resistance is now, then it will be amazing!

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#18 strdr4

strdr4

See You Space Cowboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 05:42 AM

Lets see if Halo 3, 4, 5, can even meet the standards set by Resistance. Cause right now, Resistance 2 has just blown away the competition. GOTY congrats!

Wtf are you talking about? Please keep your pants on.

60 play online? WOW! I'll definately rent it at least to experience that.

QUENCH your m i n d
Posted Image

#19 DarkNessBear

DarkNessBear

Posted 12 January 2008 - 05:49 AM

Man, those guys LOVE to jam a whole bunch of stuff in their games.

Whats with Naughty Dog and Insomiac? They love putting content in their games. Uncharted was stuff full of extras. So was resistance.

That's why I love PS3, it has two of the best companies on their console.
360/PS3/PC/Wii Owner Currently playing: U3, Skyrim, AC:R

#20 Negative

Negative

Leave my wallet alone

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 05:56 AM

Some screenshots:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#21 TimPV3

TimPV3

Posted 12 January 2008 - 06:00 AM

Things to do tomorrow:

- Cancel Killzone 2 preorder

#22 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 06:01 AM

Things to do tomorrow:

- Cancel Killzone 2 preorder

You aren't allowed to have both?

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#23 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 12 January 2008 - 06:04 AM

I didn't know the game came out today.

Though, I wouldn't exactly say Halo has set the bar very high, except in the field of online matchmaking. Shocking that it hasn't become the standard on Live.

60 players... I don't see that working very well, though I've been hoping for a game with the balls to try.

#24 ighosty

ighosty

I just lost the game.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 06:13 AM

wow, I was interested in this game, but now with 8-play co-op, 2 campaigns, and 60 people in multiplayer this game has taken the cake. Next year is looking like an even more amazing year for ps3.
Posted Image
Currently Playing:
:360: SKATE 2
:ps3: Killzone 2
:ps2: Rogue Galaxy

#25 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 06:17 AM

wow, I was interested in this game, but now with 8-play co-op, 2 campaigns, and 60 people in multiplayer this game has taken the cake. Next year is looking like an even more amazing year for ps3.

Next year? It'll be out this fall. ;)

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#26 SteveMcQ

SteveMcQ

I love Panda!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 06:47 AM

Nice. Enjoyed Resistance's SP far more than Halo's. Can't wait to see how the follow-up turns out.

#27 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 06:47 AM

Calm down, toots. Keep your accolades in check. I admit I'm really intrigued by 60-player online multiplayer. VERY intrigued. But I'm going to be patient about it.

If it can be done, then awesome. Nevertheless, CoD4 has changed the standard for online FPS games, with the elements of strategy, leveling, matchmaking, etc., going into every game. It's quite brilliant, and the Resistance developers should, if they want to make a great game, crib some of the notes from Infinity Ward.

...on another note, crap. By the time Resistance hits GH status (a/k/a, the pricepoint I'm willing to buy it at), this will be out, and the online community for the game all but dead.
Posted Image

#28 Aleman

Aleman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 06:52 AM

I think this may have taken the crown from Killzone as my most anticipated game of next year. PS3 is really kicking ass in 2008.

8 player co-op: awesome. Massively improved graphics and finally decent Chimera models: heck yea! 60 player matches: meh. I didn't care for the 40 player matches in the first game and I've played 64 player Battlefield 2 games and they weren't as fun as smaller matches. Your contributions just don't have much effect on the overall outcome of the battle.

#29 Dark Slayer120

Dark Slayer120

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:03 AM

OMG NO WAI!!!!

:roll:
Posted Image

#30 trq

trq

I *am* the reinforcements

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 January 2008 - 07:15 AM

People forget that Black Hawk Down on the Xbox (no, not the 360) had ... 50? 60? ... players in MP. More =/= better, so I'm non-plussed by stuff we've already seen, but with slightly bigger numbers. What I DO think will be swank is the "groups with different goals" in multiplayer. That's a unique feature that if implemented well (If you get outgunned, can you contact an entirely different group for reinforcements?) could really help Resistance forge an identity of its own.

Oh yes, this news is so awesome. I was hoping for online co-op, but I never expected 8. 60 players at once is awesome too. I cannot wait.

I will be the CAG clan leader for Resistance 2. ;)

Dude! I didn't know you were back. Good to see you.