Photo
- - - - -

WARM? Halo 3 Legendary Edition $69.99 at Microplay YMMV

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 danthemightyone

danthemightyone

Posted 18 January 2008 - 02:33 AM

I was at Merivale Microplay in Ottawa. There are at least 25 of Halo 3 LE tagged at $69.99. This isn't as hot as $49.99 french edition during amazon.ca boxing sale, but this is English edition.

Is this a good price? I don't have 360 anyway, but wanted to share.

#2 Griptor

Griptor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:28 AM

Hmm, do you mean Legendary, or LE as in Limited Edition?

If it's Legendary, then that's an awesome deal. If it's Limited Edition, I think that's the regular price.

#3 eswat

eswat

Kill many bear

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:30 AM

Hopefully in a few months I can find this in the bargin bin at EB for $40 :D. These places still got stacks of these paper weights.

#4 danthemightyone

danthemightyone

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:19 AM

Hmm, do you mean Legendary, or LE as in Limited Edition?

If it's Legendary, then that's an awesome deal. If it's Limited Edition, I think that's the regular price.

[EDIT: To help clarify, Legendary is the large box that comes with the helmet. Limited Edition is just the thicker DVD case]

Like I said in the title, it is the Legendary edition. There was a huge pile of them on the ground.

#5 Griptor

Griptor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:29 AM

Like I said in the title, it is the Legendary edition. There was a huge pile of them on the ground.

Yeah, just wasn't sure, because you mentioned "Halo 3 LE" in your post.

But anyway, that's awesome. I just got a 360 a couple of weeks back, so I'm gonna pick this up tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up man!

#6 Sejad

Sejad

Brotherhood of Steel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:46 AM

WOW Bungie is quite stupid....LE eddition and Legendary Edition....who in their freaking minds names them with the same letters...

Customer:I am here for the LE edition of HALO 3
Staff:Yes we have them, and their $79.99
Customer:Uhhh isn't it 169....
Staff:No sir it's 79.99 for the LE eddition and the other one is Legendary Edition
Customer:But how wold you know they didn't mean the opposite....?
Staff:Because we just know....
Customer:Well your stupid
Staff:well your gay....

See my point it confuses people what is what.

#7 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:33 AM

WOW Bungie is quite stupid....LE eddition and Legendary Edition....who in their freaking minds names them with the same letters...

Customer:I am here for the LE edition of HALO 3
Staff:Yes we have them, and their $79.99
Customer:Uhhh isn't it 169....
Staff:No sir it's 79.99 for the LE eddition and the other one is Legendary Edition
Customer:But how wold you know they didn't mean the opposite....?
Staff:Because we just know....
Customer:Well your stupid
Staff:well your gay....

See my point it confuses people what is what.

Exactly. Who's stupid and who's gay? ;)

#8 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:51 AM

Exactly. Who's stupid and who's gay? ;)

bah you beat me to it :bomb:
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#9 Princess Zelda

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2008 - 01:37 PM

Yeah, just wasn't sure, because you mentioned "Halo 3 LE" in your post.

But anyway, that's awesome. I just got a 360 a couple of weeks back, so I'm gonna pick this up tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up man!

Check the FS on Merirvale I can't remember if they had the Legendary boxes mark down to $59 last night or not. If they are PM them at BB to save more cash :)

Also is a single pack of Pocky for 97 cents a good deal? The Kanata Walmart had some for their Chinese new year specials. It was a display in front of the candy isle on your right just past the Valentines stuff. Chocolate flavor and Strawberry.
Posted Image

#10 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:40 PM

pocky usually doesnt' get much cheaper than that, unless you're buying those uber baskets with about 10 random things thrown in it
Posted Image

It's cheap to ship to/from Canada. Please take a look at Magiic's Magiical Shipping Guide.
For info on Canadian Customs and Tax exemption check Here,
Here and Here
Currently Playing:
Spoiler

#11 Griptor

Griptor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2008 - 07:38 PM

Check the FS on Merirvale I can't remember if they had the Legendary boxes mark down to $59 last night or not. If they are PM them at BB to save more cash :)

Also is a single pack of Pocky for 97 cents a good deal? The Kanata Walmart had some for their Chinese new year specials. It was a display in front of the candy isle on your right just past the Valentines stuff. Chocolate flavor and Strawberry.

Ahh, rats. I must've checked this forum a dozen or so minutes before you posted this morning. After class I went straight over to Microplay and picked up the Legendary for 70, then went over to Best Buy and saw it for 80, and then to Futureshop and saw it for 60, like you said.

I'd already gotten it from Microplay, and the guy there was cool, so I really didn't wanna go back and return what I just bought just to save ~12 bucks...

.......am I officially out of the cheap ass club? :-#

Heh, anyway, thanks Zelda, and thanks again dan. Legendary for 70 is good enough for me.

And Zelda, I've actually never heard of Pocky, so I couldn't tell ya.

#12 magiic

magiic

DENNY CRANE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2008 - 07:56 PM

when it gets to 59.99 (it's still 129.99) at my local futureshop I'll buy it. They have 15 right now
My eBay Feedback
Check out my CAG Trade List
Check out my auctions
Posted Image
Join GOOZEX a great site for trading your games
Join GameTraderWorld another great site for trading games. (They give away a FREE game every month)
Join ChaseTheChuckWagon (a great alternative to auctioning games on eBay)

#13 Princess Zelda

Princess Zelda

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 January 2008 - 08:29 PM

Enjoy Halo Griptor and the helmet. It's an interesting conversation starter in my house when people visit.
If your looking for Gears of War try Shoppers Drugmart I got it for $35. But finish Halo 3 first Gears is a very pretty game.
Posted Image

#14 Lone_Prodigy

Lone_Prodigy

Posted 19 January 2008 - 01:55 AM

97 cents for the small box? Yeah that's reasonable. Check the expiry date though: I saw a bunch of Pocky at a store for cheap and it turns out they were all expired.

#15 magiic

magiic

DENNY CRANE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2008 - 02:06 AM

97 cents for the small box? Yeah that's reasonable. Check the expiry date though: I saw a bunch of Pocky at a store for cheap and it turns out they were all expired.

Pocky can expire? lol
My eBay Feedback
Check out my auctions
Posted Image
Join GameTraderWorld another great site for trading games. (They give away a FREE game every month)

#16 Kekumba

Kekumba

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 January 2008 - 03:43 AM

Shite, I'll have to head into the city and stop by Future Shop and Microplay. How much does Halo 3 regular edition go for at EB anyway? I might as well trade it in if I end up getting the LE.

#17 danthemightyone

danthemightyone

Posted 16 May 2008 - 01:36 PM

Bumping an old thread.

Microplay now sells remaining stocks of LE for $34.99. (or could be $39.99) I talked with a staff I know, and they are trying to get rid of them to free up store spaces. IIRC, this is cheaper than their used copy of regular Halo 3.

#18 magiic

magiic

DENNY CRANE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2008 - 02:19 PM

I am currently waiting for Rogers to drop the price on it. Mine still has three or four. I've decided $59.99 isn't quite cheap enough lol
My eBay Feedback
Check out my auctions
Posted Image

#19 mahjongmaniac1

mahjongmaniac1

Posted 16 May 2008 - 03:16 PM

if you can find it, BB has it for $60; FS still $70 online

http://www.futuresho...65000FS10085779