#1 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:32 PM

Final Fantasy XIII PS3 Thread

Official Site:
http://www.finalfantasy13game.com/

Gamerankings - 84%:
http://www.gameranki...xiii/index.html

Edited by The Mana Knight, 10 March 2010 - 09:42 AM.

Posted Image

#2 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:43 PM

Just read they plan on a demo too which is nice.

Posted Image

#3 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:52 PM

If there was a demo on Japan PSN, the number of Japanese accounts would probably triple and the the servers would be jammed. Just thinking about a demo has me excited.
Posted Image

#4 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2008 - 02:40 PM

Simply amazing! I can't wait for this game to come out, as it will be the biggest reason I buy a PS3.

#5 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2008 - 02:53 PM

Just read they plan on a demo too which is nice.

From the article: "The only hint of the full game's release was the quote: "I wonder when we'll be able to sleep...""

January 20, 2009? ;) Seriously, that "hint" is too cryptic, to me, to bother looking into. I hope to see a demo sooner than later.
Posted Image

#6 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2008 - 02:55 PM

OMG, this game looks so good right now. I now want this more than anything.

FFXIII scans
http://www.gamersyde...ws_5814_en.html

FF versus XIII scans
http://www.gamersyde...ws_5815_en.html

I'm so glad to see Carbunkle(sp) and other summons.

lol I thought you were talking about a fine ass female for a moment.

the screens look nice... are both games exclusive to PS3?
Posted Image

#7 tiredfornow

tiredfornow

Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:00 PM

No Thomas, Square is putting them out on 360 as well.

...:D

Anyways, that shit looks $$$.

#8 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:56 PM

the screens look nice... are both games exclusive to PS3?

I have several links and Tetsuya Nomura confirming over and over again these are PS3 exclusive, utilizing the PS3 and blu-ray to the fullest.

Characters look great. :D
Posted Image

#9 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:34 PM

Saying this makes me kind of sad, but FF13 is the first Final Fantasy I haven't been able to get excited about whatsoever. It's probably just because of the first preview they showed for it, which was absurd. I'm eagerly awaiting some footage of the actual gameplay so I know what to think.

The most interesting thing to me is the little FF6 along all the Versus 13 shots (last screen in the first link). I wonder if Versus 13 incorporates some idea from FF6, or if the magazine was just doing a little retrospective.

#10 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:42 PM

No Thomas, Square is putting them out on 360 as well.

...:D

Anyways, that shit looks $$$.

I thought that versus might not be exclusive.. funny I'm the one asking about exclusivity.
Posted Image

#11 Chacrana

Chacrana

You wa Cock

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:48 PM

I freakin' love the style of FXIII, but I can't get all that excited when I have no idea when it's actually going to be released.

it was probably in there because I'm a flaming homosexual.

#12 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:58 PM

I'm mostly excited because this is in the hands of the first production team again, and not another team (which made FFXII, Tactics, etc. and it kind of disappointed me, while I always liked the first production team). I might import this also if the NA release will take a while.
Posted Image

#13 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2008 - 05:16 PM

So does that mean the FFX team? Who was in charge of them?

#14 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 23 January 2008 - 05:17 PM

So does that mean the FFX team? Who was in charge of them?

For the most part, yes (Kitase is heading the FFXIII project), while mostly Kingdom Hearts people are in charge of versus XIII.
Posted Image

#15 Starky27

Starky27

RPG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2008 - 05:29 PM

These scans look fantastic. It'd be nice to see something of the Versus battle system, but I guess we can imagine it could play similar to a KH title? Glad to see the slight tweaking to some of the summons too. Carbuncle looks cute and (from what I can see) Siren looks good (looks like she's playing a harp?).

Did they ever announce the other Fabula Nova Crystallis games? I know it was these two and a cell phone game, but I thought two more predicted back when...
Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

#16 Inf^Shini

Inf^Shini

is Han Cholo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2008 - 06:55 PM

Jeez, how much crap does that guy need on his sword??? (2nd scan in Versus Scans)

Btw, I wish they would make some of the guys look more...manly.

Posted Image

The face of a pleased man =D

#17 ::NiteShado::

::NiteShado::

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:09 PM

Can't wait for Versus XIII, hopefully the game turns out as awesome as it looks.
Posted Image

#18 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:10 PM

Here's more info:

The theme for Final Fantasy XIII is determination, says a new interview in a recent Famitsu. Looking at the long, painful wait that Square Enix fans are enduring for the release of this hotly anticipated title, we can agree.

Nomura has been releasing a few cryptic keys on the upcoming PS3 games, many of which are sure to keep the Square Enix faithful guessing for days. According to FF-XIII.net, "2008 will be the year. There will be tons of news bits, info on characters and summons, and an unexpected connection between the keywords Cocoon and Farushi."

Thankfully, a playable demo continues to be teased by the development staff, eager to show how the new battle system plays. When asked about the release date, Nomura can only offer the vague: "I wonder when we'll be able to sleep..." If that is a clue, we're guessing it has something to do with Birth by Sleep. Of course, we could be totally off-base with that one. Check FF-XIII.net for more new scans. [Update: Better scans here.]

http://www.ps3fanboy...l-fantasy-xiii/

Like I said earlier, I definitely hope the demo comes.
Posted Image

#19 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 January 2008 - 08:24 PM

Btw, I wish they would make some of the guys look more...manly.

Won't happen haha.

Posted Image

#20 NamPaehc

NamPaehc

!Anihc Ni Hsan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:48 PM

A little chatter on ways the demo can be offered.

I'm thinking they are right and it'll end up packed in with another game.

Posted Image

#21 InuFaye

InuFaye

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:57 PM

Demo Packed In with White Knight Chronicle?

BELIEVE.

Im glad that Nomura can finally do character designs without a massive amount of zippers and chains again.

#22 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:28 PM

Demo Packed In with White Knight Chronicle?

BELIEVE.

Is White Knight even Square Enix? I think Level-5 only works with them for Dragon Quest.

#23 InuFaye

InuFaye

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:33 PM

White Knight is Sony Japan.

That would move so many ps3s in japan.

I also hope this is better then the last outing from square.

#24 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:48 PM

White Knight is Sony Japan.

That would move so many ps3s in japan.

I also hope this is better then the last outing from square.

What last outing?? SCEJ is publishing White Knight Story for Japan, so I doubt Square Enix would be bundling their game within it (although they have worked with Level 5). I heard it was the Last Remnant getting the game. IMO, bundling the demo in the PS3 version would hurt the 360 version. Square does this often so it would not shock me, but I want a PSN demo, even if it takes up 5GB.
Posted Image

#25 InuFaye

InuFaye

Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:57 PM

FF12 would be the last Final Fantasy outing.

That is I remember how to count.

I think 12 comes before 13.

#26 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 19 February 2008 - 11:47 PM

FF12 would be the last Final Fantasy outing.

That is I remember how to count.

I think 12 comes before 13.

Posted Image

seanr1221.png

#27 InuFaye

InuFaye

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:44 AM

I knew the american school system would fail me.

I did not think that it would come this soon.

#28 Inf^Shini

Inf^Shini

is Han Cholo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:58 AM

haha

Posted Image

The face of a pleased man =D

#29 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:08 PM

Square Enix hasn't been scoring any new PlayStation fans with their recent announcements regarding Star Ocean or The Last Remnant; however, they may try to even things out by getting Final Fantasy XIII out to the fans a bit sooner than expected.

In the latest Famitsu an interview was conducted with Tetsuya Nomura regarding both upcoming Final Fantasy titles. Nomura let it be known that Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be placed on hold until the team finishes up Final Fantasy XIII. The reason given for this decision was that the majority of the Versus XIII development crew is now working full force on XIII's development.

On top of this announcement, Nomura also revealed that at their private invite-only event come August, both Versus XIII and XIII will only be displaying trailers and not playable demos. While this may not sound too positive for those of us waiting for an official release date to be announced, we can assume that this may push production forward a tad with the extra developer support.

http://www.psu.com/F...a0004007-p0.php

At first I was disappointed when reading the title, but now I see they just shifted development to FFXIII mostly, which makes sense. IMO, Square Enix should have just drew up concepts for FF Versus XIII, while putting full development into FFXIII, and then when FFXIII is finished, move to Versus XIII, but oh well. Overall, I'm glad they are pushing FFXIII into full force development, so hopefully we'll see it next year.
Posted Image

#30 Vanigan

Vanigan

V.V.V.V.V.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:15 PM

Developing two big budget, large scale games like 13 and V13 was madness.

One good reason why it wouldn't be playable is that it's a lot easier on the dev team to provide a video than it is for the entire dev team to have to hold production just to work on a demo to put out. They'd have to put in a lot of effort polishing up an incomplete version that will just be scrapped after it's shown.