#1 XTommyDonX

XTommyDonX

Posted 14 February 2008 - 02:06 AM

CheapyD Edit:
Here's the clip:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/podcast/threeredlightsclip.mp3

http://xbox360.ign.c...2/852084p1.html

They backfired at CAG.

Cheapy basically stated a well thought out idea about Blu-Ray on CAGcast 106 that was not offensive in any way. Cheapy even commented IGN's good points. IGN of course insisted on not even listening to the CAGcast and then attacked CAG.

It's about 56 minutes into the show, near the end. I don't mind if you want to share the thread in the CAGcast. It's not private or anything.

#2 TehMuff1nM4n

TehMuff1nM4n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2008 - 02:07 AM

wait... what?

#3 TehMuff1nM4n

TehMuff1nM4n

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2008 - 02:22 AM

found it, its the last 16 minutes. Its a guy with a lisp!! :lol:

#4 ogrenator

ogrenator

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2008 - 02:28 AM

I don't want to listen to the whole thing. What did they say and what did Cheapy say to make them respond?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
My Rig:Phenom II X4 955, 8GB DDR3 Mushkin ram, (1) 1TB sata (1)250GBsata (1)160GBsata, ATI 4890HD OC, Audigy 2 ZS Pro, Logitech 5450 Speakers, 30" HDT

#5 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2008 - 02:30 AM

Yeah I also don't care to listen, but what is this about ?

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#6 phear3d

phear3d

NorAm = Fraud

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2008 - 02:32 AM

Yeah I also don't care to listen, but what is this about ?

you should listen to the new cagcast, #106.

i was actually thinking about this while listening to the cagcast where cheapy mentioned ign's comment. i thought that they would backfire just cause they're immature and stupid. is this the same guy that was dissin' gabe over kane & lynch? tell him to stop by my house and i'll give him a beating.

#7 DesertEagleXIX

DesertEagleXIX

Semper Economus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2008 - 02:39 AM

IGNorant Gaming Newbs
Posted Image
www.tech-gaming.com

#8 XTommyDonX

XTommyDonX

Posted 14 February 2008 - 02:39 AM

Cheapy basically stated a well thought out idea about Blu-Ray that was not offensive in any way. Cheapy even commented IGN's good points. IGN of course insisted on not even listening to the CAGcast and then attacking CAG.

#9 ryanbph

ryanbph

Posted 14 February 2008 - 02:43 AM

are you refering to cheapy saying that blu ray wasn't going to be the driving force that hillary claimed it would be in this gen console race. If that is the case why the Fuck would IGN even care. There were others on the podcast that didnt seem to think that blu ray would be such a big deal.

What was IGN's response. Please don't tell me that used the we are superior then other people in the industry bullshit they used on penny arcade. When they pointed out they were professional journalist and penny arcade was a comic.

Posted Image

#10 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2008 - 02:49 AM

What happened is Hillary on IGN said some stuff about the 360's demise and Cheapy said those reasons are silly and nonfactual. Hilary then calls Cheapy a fanboy and says Cheapy's comments are ludicrious and without factual basis and then invites Cheapy to be on their show to talk about it because he doesn't care about the cagcast and doesn't want to be on it.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#11 XTommyDonX

XTommyDonX

Posted 14 February 2008 - 02:51 AM

are you refering to cheapy saying that blu ray wasn't going to be the driving force that hillary claimed it would be in this gen console race. If that is the case why the Fuck would IGN even care. There were others on the podcast that didnt seem to think that blu ray would be such a big deal.

What was IGN's response. Please don't tell me that used the we are superior then other people in the industry bullshit they used on penny arcade. When they pointed out they were professional journalist and penny arcade was a comic.

They kind of acted like that. Kind of acted like CAG was nothing compared to them.

#12 help1

help1

What a dumb username

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2008 - 02:55 AM

Is Hillary a girl, or a boy with a girls name? If the later is true, just leave him alone, since he is obviously a victim of an abusive childhood.

#13 blackjaw

blackjaw

probably surfing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2008 - 02:55 AM

catfight!

#14 KingDox

KingDox

Scream My Name

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2008 - 02:59 AM

What happened is Hillary on IGN said some stuff about the 360's demise and Cheapy said those reasons are silly and nonfactual. Hilary then calls Cheapy a fanboy and says Cheapy's comments are ludicrious and without factual basis and then invites Cheapy to be on their show to talk about it because he doesn't care about the cagcast and doesn't want to be on it.

I'm way to lazy to listen to both Pod Casts but did they imply that Cheapy is 360 fanboy? Didn't they watch this?

And if IGN doesn't like the site then fine. They can pay 60 bucks for games for the rest of time. See if I care. If anything they should be mad at people saying IGN Insider is a rip off.

#15 dafoomie

dafoomie

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:00 AM

But... Blu-ray isn't a driving force the way DVD was for the PS2. Most people are still satisfied with DVD.

4 million Blu-Ray discs were sold last year. 1.7 billion DVD's were sold last year. Driving force? More like drop in the bucket.

#16 CrimGhost

CrimGhost

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:05 AM

Did he say Chili D? Haha.
Posted Image

#17 jughead

jughead

Beersport Champion!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:07 AM

Ugh... Those dudes were lame! I don't listen to that many podcasts but I've heard enough to know those guys don't belong anywhere near a public address. Sounded like a circle-jerk. Yikes!

#18 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:16 AM

What happened is Hillary on IGN said some stuff about the 360's demise and Cheapy said those reasons are silly and nonfactual.

No, thats what the person who submitted the question wrote. I believe the word I used was "disagreed".

Anyway, more fodder for this week's show...I love it!

#19 Blackout

Blackout

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:19 AM

you should listen to the new cagcast, #106.

i was actually thinking about this while listening to the cagcast where cheapy mentioned ign's comment. i thought that they would backfire just cause they're immature and stupid. is this the same guy that was dissin' gabe over kane & lynch? tell him to stop by my house and i'll give him a beating.

Yeah I remember the cagcast played that clip. They got their panties in a bunch. Really, it's video games people. There's no need to prove who has the bigger gaming dick. Blu Ray alone is not going to crush the competition. There needs to be actual games along with it.

#20 VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla

Shark Barber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:29 AM

4 million Blu-Ray discs were sold last year. 1.7 billion DVD's were sold last year. Driving force? More like drop in the bucket.

Helps that there were millions more DVD players than Blu Ray players. Back in 2000, you think anyone said "There were 1.7 Billion VHS tapes sold this year, and only 4 million of these Digital Video Disc things! Drop in the bucket!"
Posted Image

#21 daphatty

daphatty

VTEC Bitches!

• Super Moderators

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:30 AM

That has to have been the most pathetic response I have ever heard. What a self-absorbed douche. Cheapy shouldn't even waste his time responding to this guy.

Posted Image

#22 lilboo

lilboo

Not addicted to WoW

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:32 AM

That has to have been the most pathetic response I have ever heard. What a self-absorbed douche. Cheapy shouldn't even waste his time responding to this guy.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

Now Playing:
:pc: Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

:pc: Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

:wiiu: Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

:3ds: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

:3ds: Pokemon Battle Trozei

#23 jollydwarf

jollydwarf

America's #1 Poster

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:35 AM

(C + A + G) > (I + G + N)

Simple math, really.
"I like whipped cream a lot. I'll put whipped cream on anything."--Jessica Alba

Backlog at CRITICAL MASS...Backlog at CRITICAL MASS...Backlog at...

"What, you're still here? The post's over. Log off. Shoo! Shoo!"

#24 Orion_of_Chaos

Orion_of_Chaos

Aye aye, Seaguy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:39 AM

They're just some assholes trying to start shit to raise the listener stats on their show. I fully expect something like this out of IGN every month of so, just so people keep coming back to see what everyone's pissed off about.
Posted Image

#25 CouRageouS

CouRageouS

Rootbeer=Superwater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:43 AM

The best response would just be a picture of CheapyD smiling while holding the best gaming podcast award.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#26 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:47 AM

IGN's still around, huh?
Posted Image

#27 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:52 AM

No, thats what the person who submitted the question wrote. I believe the word I used was "disagreed".

Anyway, more fodder for this week's show...I love it!

I just went by what they said :)

And I have no idea who Hilary is so I guess :-P

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#28 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:52 AM

IGNorant Gaming Newbs

Sick burn.

#29 Simon D I

Simon D I

www.GamerClash.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:55 AM

The best response would just be a picture of CheapyD smiling while holding the best gaming podcast award.

Nice! Yeah, Cheapy, I agree with DaPhatty, don't even address this situation...just look how many hits listens their show got just from this thread! ( no offense to the o.p. )

#30 VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla

Shark Barber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:56 AM

IGN's still around, huh?

Well, IGN Wrestling aint, but the other ones are ;)
Posted Image