Photo
- - - - -

iPod Touch/iPhone Jailbreaking

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Wicked One 612

Wicked One 612

Posted 26 February 2008 - 01:48 AM

Hey guys, I got an iPod Touch awhile ago and just recently found out about Jailbreaking.

What Jailbreaking is: Basically modifying your iPod Touch or iPhone to be able to do a lot of amazing things, such as play games, customize the background, even control your computer! Did I mention it's free?

There's a lot of amazing stuff you can do with it, here have a look at some pictures of my iPod Touch home screen.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

And trust me, that's just a taste of the apps on there.

If any of you have an iPod Touch or an iPhone and don't have it Jailbroken, you're missing out. The potential of it is amazing.

If you guys are interested I'll be willing to help you out.

There's a guy on youtube by the name of iPodTouchMaster who has posted a bunch of tutorial videos. That should give you a good head start.

Enjoy.

#2 Immortal fWd

Immortal fWd

O&A Party Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:04 AM

I'm just curious, what firmware are you running?

Posted Image

#3 Wicked One 612

Wicked One 612

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:05 AM

I'm just curious, what firmware are you running?

#4 Immortal fWd

Immortal fWd

O&A Party Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:20 AM

Nice, I didn't know they got Summerboard working, it's been a few weeks since I checked. I'm going to get that on mine right now. What sources do you use for installer? I don't think I've ever seen Bejeweled in any of the ones I have, but same think like Summerboard, I haven't checked anything in a few weeks.

Posted Image

#5 Wicked One 612

Wicked One 612

Posted 26 February 2008 - 03:07 AM

Nice, I didn't know they got Summerboard working, it's been a few weeks since I checked. I'm going to get that on mine right now. What sources do you use for installer? I don't think I've ever seen Bejeweled in any of the ones I have, but same think like Summerboard, I haven't checked anything in a few weeks.

Yep, they did get SummerBoard working, along with Customize. Bejeweled is actually iZoo from the iPod Touch Fans repo, I just put a new icon on it, used the bejeweled theme, and renamed it.

#6 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 26 February 2008 - 03:53 AM

It plays music too!?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Wicked One 612

Wicked One 612

Posted 26 February 2008 - 04:04 AM

It plays music too!?

That it does my friend, that it does.

#8 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2008 - 04:48 AM

Pain in the ass. I have to upgrade my touch to 1.1.2 JB to get the 1.1.3 JB :cry:

There any easy way to upgrade to 1.1.3 JB w/o having to upgrade to 1.1.2 JB?

Cognitive Dissonance: Wanna join my Call of Duty 4 clan?
Me: Who are you?
Cognitive Dissonance: You ask too many questions. Never mind. You're out.

#9 VipFREAK

VipFREAK

Fun Knee!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:45 AM

:-P

Posted Image

My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"

Trade List

#10 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:03 AM

Got 1.1.3 JB, took about 2 hours or so doing it from the ipodtouchmaster youtube vids.

if you have an 8 gb touch look into ZiPhone 2.1 that just came out.

For everyone else looking for answers to your touch/phone questions, look at http://www.ipodtouchfans.com/

That doesnt work with touches afaik.

#11 Wicked One 612

Wicked One 612

Posted 26 February 2008 - 05:16 PM

Pain in the ass. I have to upgrade my touch to 1.1.2 JB to get the 1.1.3 JB :cry:

There any easy way to upgrade to 1.1.3 JB w/o having to upgrade to 1.1.2 JB?

iJailbreakmobile will work with 1.1.1, it's based off of the NateTrue method though.

:-P

Posted Image

Very nice, I'm working on getting the Vista Maximus theme on mine, I'll post screenshots when I'm done.

Got 1.1.3 JB, took about 2 hours or so doing it from the ipodtouchmaster youtube vids.

That doesnt work with touches afaik.

Congrats, yeah 1.1.3 takes a few steps to jailbreak. I actually had to write an entire walkthrough for myself to follow so I didn't miss a step. Did you end up upgrading to 1.1.2? I used the dev team method with GUI from the installer.

#12 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2008 - 05:30 PM

Congrats, yeah 1.1.3 takes a few steps to jailbreak. I actually had to write an entire walkthrough for myself to follow so I didn't miss a step. Did you end up upgrading to 1.1.2? I used the dev team method with GUI from the installer.

Ya, I had to downgrade to 1.1.1 > JB 1.1.1 > Update to 1.1.2 > JB 1.1.2 using a Java GUI, then use installer to auto-update to 1.1.3 JB

Takes about 2 hours to do, but it's pretty easy and straight forward to do.

#13 Geekquisitions

Geekquisitions

Evil Incarnate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2008 - 05:42 PM

I'm going to have to check this out -- but I'm guessing it voids the warranty, right?
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 help1

help1

What a dumb username

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2008 - 05:57 PM

I'm going to have to check this out -- but I'm guessing it voids the warranty, right?

Yes. Also, your signature is about 6 times larger than your actually post. C'mon, I know you want referrals, but seriously.

#15 Immortal fWd

Immortal fWd

O&A Party Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:15 PM

Technically yes, but you can restore it to the original Apple Firmware very easily.

Posted Image

#16 c0rnpwn

c0rnpwn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:22 PM

Yeah, just reflash your firmware to its Apple virgin state if you need to bring it in to an employee and you should be hunky-dory. Unless you messed up the baseband, then :applause:
Posted Image

|||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||
|||||||||||||||

#17 Wicked One 612

Wicked One 612

Posted 26 February 2008 - 06:41 PM

Technically yes, but with a nice restore it is pretty much impossible to see that anything has been done.

#18 tivo

tivo

taking care of buisness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:48 PM

Ok, so i have a jb 16 gig 1.1.2 touch. How do yall recommend that i update it to a 1.1.3 jb?
“It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong.” - Thomas Sowell

#19 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:11 PM

Ok, so i have a jb 16 gig 1.1.2 touch. How do yall recommend that i update it to a 1.1.3 jb?

I just updated mine, I love the mail/maps feature.

#20 tivo

tivo

taking care of buisness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:26 PM

I just updated mine, I love the mail/maps feature.

hey sasukekun, what is the name of the updater in the installer to go from 1.1.2 jb to 1.1.3 jb? i cant find it.....

P.S. 1.1.4 was released today but it sounds like nothing really changed.
“It is hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong.” - Thomas Sowell

#21 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:31 PM

I used the one in this video.

It's pretty straight forward.

Quick Summary:
Need to have a 1.1.2 JB Touch
Install BSD Subsystem, Open SSH, and Services from Installer.app
Add "http://ipodtouchmaster.com/files/repo.xml" to your sources
Use the 1.1.3 JB installler
Wait about an hour (Watch the video for more info - It has to download a 160mb file from Apple)
Done

#22 tivo

tivo

taking care of buisness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:41 PM

I used the one in this video.

It's pretty straight forward.

Quick Summary:
Need to have a 1.1.2 JB Touch
Install BSD Subsystem, Open SSH, and Services from Installer.app
Add "http://ipodtouchmaster.com/files/repo.xml" to your sources
Use the 1.1.3 JB installler
Wait about an hour (Watch the video for more info - It has to download a 160mb file from Apple)
Done

ill try it out later tonight, thank you

#23 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2008 - 10:54 PM

What app controls your computer and what does it control?

I'd <3 a remote desktop type-ish.

I already have a jailbroken 1.1.3 iPhone.

#24 anomynous

anomynous

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:45 AM

I did it the way that video said, and now none of my music is showing up, and I can't find out how to fix it, so I have to restore it to 1.1.4............... great

#25 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:46 AM

I did it the way that video said, and now none of my music is showing up, and I can't find out how to fic it..............

Re-sync it.

#26 anomynous

anomynous

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:48 AM

Re-sync it.

Not working, and too late now. I know some way to jailbreak 1.1.4 will come along soon anyway.........

And now I have my 1.1.4 ipod hooked up to my computer, and 100 mb is taken up from apps from jailbreak, and I can't remove them. Any ideas?

#27 Azumangaman

Azumangaman

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:14 AM

I'm so confused...
I got to the jailbreak me site on my ipod touch, then click Install AppSnap or whatever.
After 1 second it loads and there is a tiny blue square with a question mark in the corner...
WTF?

#28 sasukekun

sasukekun

Cat-Like Typing Detected

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:42 AM

I'm so confused...
I got to the jailbreak me site on my ipod touch, then click Install AppSnap or whatever.
After 1 second it loads and there is a tiny blue square with a question mark in the corner...
WTF?

Jailbreakme.com only works with 1.1.1 Firmware. Sounds like you were trying to do it with 1.1.2+

#29 Wicked One 612

Wicked One 612

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:34 PM

hey sasukekun, what is the name of the updater in the installer to go from 1.1.2 jb to 1.1.3 jb? i cant find it.....

P.S. 1.1.4 was released today but it sounds like nothing really changed.

I used the Official 1.1.3 Upgrader.

What app controls your computer and what does it control?

I'd <3 a remote desktop type-ish.

I already have a jailbroken 1.1.3 iPhone.

It's called VNSea, there's a tutorial here.

I did it the way that video said, and now none of my music is showing up, and I can't find out how to fix it, so I have to restore it to 1.1.4............... great

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure what it does is basically restore to 1.1.3 but Jailbreak in the process. So your music should be gone, just re-sync.

Not working, and too late now. I know some way to jailbreak 1.1.4 will come along soon anyway.........

And now I have my 1.1.4 ipod hooked up to my computer, and 100 mb is taken up from apps from jailbreak, and I can't remove them. Any ideas?

Just restore, it reformats the entire iPod, every trace of Jailbreak should be erased.

I'm so confused...
WTF?

You need to be running firmware 1.1.1 in order to use jailbreakme.com. If you aren't running firmware 1.1.1 you need to downgrade to it. There's a tutorial here.

1.1.4 is out! Let me go look up some stuff about it.

#30 anomynous

anomynous

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:44 PM

I restored it twice, it erased everything except the apps on my ipod. So there's 100 mb of space taken up, and I cant delete it. Resyncing didn't work either, and my music was still taking up space, but I couldn't access it at all.