• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 Ryukahn

Ryukahn

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:15 PM

Disgaea for $29.99 with Free Super Saver Shipping

says it ships in 2-3 weeks, but I doubt it's really that long and even if it is you are saving $10 and tax.

#2 taz98spin

taz98spin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:36 PM

Thanks! Been wanting to pick this game up for a while!

#3 redroversk

redroversk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:54 PM

I was just about to lay $35 down on this, used, at GS, thank you kindly OP!

#4 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2008 - 03:16 PM

$30 is still too much. I'll wait till it drop down $20 - $25.
"Evil is Funs"

#5 figcoinc

figcoinc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:10 PM

Great game! Decent deal!

Too bad I already got it.....

#6 prateeko

prateeko

IN THE BUTT!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:26 PM

Just about to post this. It's a great game and worth full price. At $30 it's about as good a deal as you're going to get (without buring from individual sellers) since NIS games aren't usually printed in very big runs...

#7 xmikexisxkoolx

xmikexisxkoolx

Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:35 PM

I say its a steal at 30, 20-25 is hard to come by on the disgaea series even on the ps2 series. They even get more expensive as time goes on, but I'm sure the PSP version will be around for awhile. I was on the fence about buying it for 40 when I have 1 and 2 on the ps2. For 30 i might pick it up because its a great game and get it now dood!
PSN : xmikexisxkoolx :bouncy:

Posted Image

RUN MASHIMARO!

#8 monstericreated

monstericreated

merkin' snitches

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:24 PM

Sucks... I bought this over a month ago on Amazon thinking it wouldn't go down! Every time I buy something thinking it won't go down, it does. When I don't buy thinking it will go down, it doesn't. :P
Posted Image

Grateful for female avatar codes to beef up my wardrobe! :bouncy:

#9 taz98spin

taz98spin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:55 PM

Sucks... I bought this over a month ago on Amazon thinking it wouldn't go down! Every time I buy something thinking it won't go down, it does. When I don't buy thinking it will go down, it doesn't. :P

I try to only buy when they have a sale!

I'm sure a lot of people here on CAG are like that :)

#10 Snake2715

Snake2715

Gotta Have Your Toys...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:57 PM

Just got done with jeanne D'Arc and was hoping for a trade I may have to jump on this.
-Josh

Posted Image
-courtesy of onetrackmind-

TRADE LIST

#11 wbc1228

wbc1228

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:57 PM

Nice!
BUT I'm cheap.
I'm only willing to pay $19.99 for this.

#12 NeoStrider

NeoStrider

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2008 - 06:25 PM

it'll probably go OOP before it reaches $20

#13 rodeojones903

rodeojones903

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2008 - 06:34 PM

I ordered on a few days ago when I noticed the price. $30 is probably the lowest this will go before it disappears. When it takes amazon a few weeks to get it in you know that stock is getting low.

#14 opportunity777

opportunity777

Disco Fever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2008 - 06:54 PM

In for a 100!!!

Seriously, this game is kind of getting hard to find online. It's only a matter of time before it goes OOS. I would have to buy the bundle to get it from the NISA store, which runs around $60 + shipping. I guess I could call and order a stand-alone copy, but it will still be $40 + shipping.

I picked one up at $30 because it's probably the best deal I'm gonna get on a new one.

I also got a $20 GCN controller. Unfortunately, I am still awaiting the fate of my Wii. I'm hoping it's not damaged from the mini-flood in my house. :pray:

#15 cerial442

cerial442

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2008 - 06:57 PM

I ordered one.

#16 Lancey Howard

Lancey Howard

Raising 10s on a 3 flush

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2008 - 07:34 PM

In for one - thanks OP!
"It's a pleasure to meet someone who understands that to the true gambler, money is never an end in itself, it's simply a tool, as a language is to thought."

http://scour.com/invite/moselle

#17 breakingcustoms

breakingcustoms

Rule The Air

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2008 - 08:57 PM

ordered...thanks OP

596772.png

#18 nathansu

nathansu

Posted 28 February 2008 - 08:57 PM

I'm all over it. Thanks OP!

#19 darkcecil32

darkcecil32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2008 - 09:04 PM

I am currently playing through the original on PS2. Are the content additions (content wise only, not the portability aspect of it) to the PSP version worth it? If so, I may try selling my copy of the game for the PSP one.

Nice find, btw OP.

#20 nathansu

nathansu

Posted 28 February 2008 - 09:10 PM

I am currently playing through the original on PS2. Are the content additions (content wise only, not the portability aspect of it) to the PSP version worth it? If so, I may try selling my copy of the game for the PSP one.

Nice find, btw OP.

I've played through the original on the PS2 and honestly think it's such a quality game that I'd pick up the PSP version even if it was a straight port. At 30 bucks, it's totally worth it, imo.

#21 wbc1228

wbc1228

Posted 28 February 2008 - 09:14 PM

it'll probably go OOP before it reaches $20

I ordered on a few days ago when I noticed the price. $30 is probably the lowest this will go before it disappears. When it takes amazon a few weeks to get it in you know that stock is getting low.

I see.....
This deal is tempting.

Are the new contents worth it?
I beat Disgaea 1 on the ps2.
Should I play it again on the psp?

#22 darkcecil32

darkcecil32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2008 - 09:25 PM

Thanks for the input, nathansu. Disgaea isn't a game that's meant to just be "beaten" though. It's a completionist's wet dream. The main game itself isn't all that lengthy/exceptional imo. I actually prefer Final Fantasy Tactics over it in this sense, albeit I do love the whimsical nature and humor of the game. BUT, the post game content/customization/stat whoring you can do is just ridiculous. With all the time I am going to sink into the PS2 version (just "beat" it at 60 hours, plan to tinker around til hopefully around the 200 mark which for me would be the first time ever doing that...the closest thing I can think of to doing that is beating FF6 from scratch 5 times; I usually hate level grinding).185,000 possible stored levels of transmigration still makes me cry.

With that being said, I just think I may be too burned out of the game after I spend so much time with it that a secondary edition may be excessive for me. Not to mention that I do already plan to pick up Disgaea 3, regardless, when it launches later this year.

#23 nathansu

nathansu

Posted 28 February 2008 - 09:46 PM

With that being said, I just think I may be too burned out of the game after I spend so much time with it that a secondary edition may be excessive for me. Not to mention that I do already plan to pick up Disgaea 3, regardless, when it launches later this year.

Oh absolutely - I couldn't agree more.

Putting all excessiveness aside, my methodology for buying titles that are ported as mostly a re-hash on a handheld is as follows. There are a hand full of developers in the entire world that produce wonderful niche titles like this. By buying a title I may have already exhaustively played on another console I am getting mostly the same thing, but I'm also helping to keep the developer's doors open for that much longer. This, in my opinion, is worth my hard earned dollar.

Vote with your wallet as they say, no?

#24 jacknicklson

jacknicklson

Posted 28 February 2008 - 09:49 PM

Dead, for now

#25 xeno

xeno

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2008 - 09:49 PM

worth it even if you have the ps2 vesion and loved the hell out of it?
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#26 darkcecil32

darkcecil32

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2008 - 10:02 PM

Yea I totally agree with supporting causes like that. That's the only reason I've ever bought an excessively/inflated priced anime dvds. As much as I do hate the pricing structure, I want to support the industry as much as I feasibly can. I will never regret buying dvd's for GTO, Trigun, and Cowboy Bebop.

#27 Kendal

Kendal

My sleep number is 69

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2008 - 10:04 PM

I just got this for $30 this past week at my local Best Buy. I know it is getting hard to find. I am only paying a little more than if I waited for this deal, but I have the game in hand and it is sweet. Check your local Best Buys if you miss out on this deal.

But now I'm ready for D/P, excited and terrified. It's going to eat so many hours of my life.

I am a pussy :-(

Brawl FC: 3480 - 2198 - 7321 Name: KEN

#28 eau

eau

KP-X 00-00-00-00-1

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2008 - 10:13 PM

Back to $39.99 :bomb:

#29 expane

expane

Tappin out posers

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 February 2008 - 10:50 PM

high price for a PSP port of a PS2 game that can be bought new and sealed for $29.... I don't get it
Posted Image

#30 Kendal

Kendal

My sleep number is 69

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 February 2008 - 12:09 AM

high price for a PSP port of a PS2 game that can be bought new and sealed for $29.... I don't get it

Where?

But now I'm ready for D/P, excited and terrified. It's going to eat so many hours of my life.

I am a pussy :-(

Brawl FC: 3480 - 2198 - 7321 Name: KEN