CAGcast #110: Urge to Kill, Rising

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 07 March 2008 - 06:07 AM

CheapyD talks about his YouTube suspension, Xbox 360 reliability, and how Microsoft's support in Japan differs from the West. We also cover new releases, industry news, your CAGbag questions, and much more. There's something offensive for everyone!

Win Bully Scholarship Edition (Wii)
Win Turok (360)
Win Kingdom Under Fire: Circle of Doom (360)

http://media.libsyn.com/media/cheapyd/cagcast110.mp3
Download
- 99 minutes, 46MB
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image [digg]http://digg.com/podcasts/CAGcast[/digg]
Past CAGcasts

Be sure to listen to the very end of the show as I found out (after the show) that the actual complaint was filed by http://www.atarigames.com. This is just a fan site, not the real Atari! I'm sure they do not own the rights to these videos. Just because the videos were watermarked with their URL does not give them a legitimate copyright claim. I'm sure YouTube just saw the name "Atari" and figured out they were legit.

I'll be going through the proper legal channels with YouTube to get my account back.

These are the videos that got me booted:
Atari Kangaroo Dealer Promo Video
K.C . Munchkin on the Odyssey 2
Bally Arcade Commercial

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

#2 Brendan duggan

Brendan duggan

Posted 07 March 2008 - 06:40 AM

Posted Image u guys r cool

#3 HotShotX

HotShotX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2008 - 06:44 AM

I vow to listen in the morning.

~HotShotX
[chipinsig]dc7c442c9bf5c573[/chipinsig]

#4 Fuzi0n

Fuzi0n

"What's a Nubian?"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2008 - 06:46 AM

YAY a new CAGcast!

#5 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2008 - 06:49 AM

That sucks about youtube. Same shit happened with yu-gi-oh the abridged series.

Since you forgot to give away the 2 other copies of Commanders: Attack of the Genos can I have one?
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#6 T3kN

T3kN

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2008 - 06:58 AM

Thank you, this will come in handy for Saturday Morning at Work.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 E*Master

E*Master

Cross Border Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2008 - 07:04 AM

Good thing I stayed up. BTW I Bully Scholarship edition for the 360 rocks. I just find the cutscenes kind of choppy but R* says it's cause I'm using an "older system". Still a great game though.

#8 Z_meista

Z_meista

The Paragon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2008 - 07:05 AM

I've been waiting for this!
Will download soon, for now, sleeeeeep....

#9 NateWhs152

NateWhs152

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2008 - 07:06 AM

Atari can go straight to HELL, I'll never buy a game from them again.

#10 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 07 March 2008 - 07:10 AM

Atari can go straight to HELL, I'll never buy a game from them again.

Be sure to listen to the very end of the show as I found out (after the show) that the actual complaint was filed by http://www.atarigames.com. This is just a fan site, not the real Atari! I'm sure they do not own the rights to these videos. Just because the videos were watermarked with their URL does not give them a legitimate copyright claim. I'm sure YouTube just saw the name "Atari" and figured out they were legit.

I'll be going through the proper legal channels with YouTube to get my account back.

Bally Arcade Commercial

#11 outlawmoogle

outlawmoogle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2008 - 07:13 AM

Bally Arcade Commercial

That Atari Kangaroo is a valuable asset to atarigames.com. They would have surely gone out of business if they didn't shut you down.

Posted Image

"Alita! Oh, snapplecakes! She soooo foine!"

#12 strongyboi

strongyboi

Posted 07 March 2008 - 07:26 AM

great cagcast sry about ur youtube account i really love those videos. gratz on new job wombat

#13 Cao Cao

Cao Cao

Spoooooooky

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2008 - 07:38 AM

Bally Arcade Commercial

Wouldn't it be more effective to put the correction at the beginning of the show, since the it's the first topic that's discussed?

#14 Fuzi0n

Fuzi0n

"What's a Nubian?"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:07 AM

Oh yeah...is there a place where the "CAGs on news" song is hosted?

#15 SirSilverMax

SirSilverMax

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:09 AM

Cheapy, why didn't you just get the warranty on your 360 so if it red rings then you can just get a new one from best buy or whatever store. Do they offer warranties on 360 systems in Japan stores?

#16 weevles

weevles

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:15 AM

Boo to Atarigames.com. Well, I never went there before and I guess I have no reason to now. :p

#17 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:36 AM

Youtube is too delete happy.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#18 Alphant

Alphant

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:45 AM

Atarigames.com has 12360 hits as of now.
wattt

#19 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:59 AM

Cheapy, why didn't you just get the warranty on your 360 so if it red rings then you can just get a new one from best buy or whatever store. Do they offer warranties on 360 systems in Japan stores?

Because it would still cost me about $200 in shipping to get it to and from Japan. I don't believe Japanese stores offer that sort of thing.

Here's a link to atraigames.com's contact form:
http://www.atarigame...ge16/page16.php

Please don't contact them. I've got it under control.

#20 Keiotic

Keiotic

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:01 AM

Wow, that's some attractive looking site they have. Check out the fancy logo they have too.</sarcasm>
Posted Image

#21 Master Shake

Master Shake

I AM IMMORTAL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:06 AM

I appreciate any talk about games you guys are playing whether they're new releases or from older systems.

#22 Loonknight

Loonknight

Dirk The Daring

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:14 AM

Sorry about your youtube account, not to mention the leaky baby. And I totally agree about what shouldn't be viewed in HD.

#23 Loyalty

Loyalty

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:16 AM

fight the power cheapy...casual cags that got turned on to the cagcast thanks to your videos are counting on you

#24 Jeebus444

Jeebus444

Posted 07 March 2008 - 09:54 AM

CheapyD!

Sorry to hear about your YouTube fiasco. Hope all goes well.
I wanted to write about your Jeers choice on the GH3 DLC, mainly the free tracks people will be able to download (Dropkick Murphys). They're an awesome energetic mainstream punk band (non-emo) with a celtic touch. I'd highly advise you to at least try the free tracks because you'd be expanding your music taste, even if you haven't heard of the band.

Cheers to a great show!
Happy birthday to me.
Nice to meet you all!
XD

-Jeebus

#25 megabadd

megabadd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:08 AM

I didn't listen to all the podcast, but are you having a problem getting Xbox Japan to fix your 360, Cheapy? Xbox Japan fixed my (American) 360 for free (sent a guy to pick it up, and speed returned it, took all of 5 days). They put in a new motherboard, disk tray and cooling fan. They also gave me a month of live.

Everything is great so far.
Posted Image

#26 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:11 AM

I didn't listen to all the podcast, but are you having a problem getting Xbox Japan to fix your 360? Xbox Japan fixed my (American) 360 for free (sent a guy to pick it up, and speed returned it, took all of 5 days). They put in a new motherboard, disk tray and cooling fan. They also gave me a month of live.

Everything is great so far.

Did you tell them it was a USA model?
When it came back, was it still a USA region machine?

I'd imagine if it can't be fixed, you would get a Japan machine returned.

#27 megabadd

megabadd

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2008 - 10:14 AM

Did you tell them it was a USA model?
When it came back, was it still a USA region machine?

I'd imagine if it can't be fixed, you would get a Japan machine returned.

I didn't say it was US, but they see that when they put the serial into their system. It came back and is exactly the same (sans the not working bit).

I assume if the problem is the drive, then yes, you might get a JPN system back. Though the customer rep said they *might* have USA region stuff lying around.
Posted Image

#28 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2008 - 11:08 AM

*cough*bullshit*cough*
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 (360), Black Ops (360)

Posted Image

#29 LittleWildman

LittleWildman

I R Drummer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:33 PM

I can't Shaq-fu ing (lol see what I did there) believe that about Cheapy's YouTube account.
Posted Image

#30 ajm1240

ajm1240

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2008 - 12:51 PM

WTF, why pull the whole account?
Posted Image