The New Play-Asia Coupon Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2222 replies to this topic

#1 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:15 AM

***All activity here has been moved to the social group: http://www.cheapassg...php?groupid=451

It's open to anyone, as long as you are a CAG that is signed in. Hopefully this will cut down on the lurker issue.***

Seeing as we had two active threads running, both have been shut down and replaced by this one. There have been too many new and older users abusing the system, trading codes for affiliate link usage. My reminders went ignored as well, so this will serve as a refresher.
  • If you have a code to share, post it here
  • If you use a posted code, make a post stating such
  • PM'ing codes in exchange for your personal affiliate link is against the rules of CAG
  • This also includes people who post outside links, either their affiliate link, or to other websites that connect to their affiliate links
  • Anyone caught doing this will face action, up to and including banishment. This is now a Zero Tolerance Policy
Support CAG by using the following Affiliate Link:
Play-Asia

And thanks in advance to those who share with the rest!

Q: Can I post my own Affiliate Links or other web site's Affiliate Links? Why not?
A: No. Other sites usually do not allow you to post your own advertisements and this is no different. Just as I don't ask the users to help pay the costs of running this site, it is only fair that I don't host your ads at my expense. While an individual may eventually be able to procure a free game or two by posting their affiliate links here, this is how I keep the site running, pay for site improvements, and put food on my table. Running this site is my full-time job and I do not have any other source of income.

I do not make exceptions to this rule because it would be too confusing to allow it in some situations and not in others. If you receive any enjoyment or benefit from using this free web site, hopefully you can respect and understand this decision.

$5 off $50: Comes with almost every purchase from Play-Asia, together with the goods in the form of a piece of paper.

$8 off $50: Emailed to you from Play-Asia during festive seasons (e.g. this holiday season)

$12 off $100: Same as $8 off $50 coupon

$10 off $100: Given away as a promotion by StrikeBang.com. But the promotion has ended.

Edited by sp00ge, 25 July 2011 - 08:49 PM.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#2 maxgle

maxgle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:20 AM

I was just surfing play-asia and planning to spend about $120, but would really appreciate if a coupon is applicable. Thanks all!

#3 GD-Man

GD-Man

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:26 AM

Just looking for a coupon code if anyone has one. Thanks again.

#4 spidey

spidey

CAGiversary! Six Years+

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:39 AM

I bought a crap ton of stuff during their New Years sale and they sent me two coupons. I only used one on Railfan Taiwan so the other is up for grabs.

$5 off $50 exp Apr.12
YR-GEL-AYE

Please post when used.

#5 cochesecochese

cochesecochese

corrompido e imoral

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:50 AM

$5 off $50 code exp. 14 April 2008:

XD-MHN-SUJ

Please post when used.

#6 KoA

KoA

Posted 12 March 2008 - 04:00 AM

Kansas City Royals Baseball forever
Proud Republican - Haley Barbour 2012

#7 metaly

metaly

In the world, only this island is.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2008 - 04:21 AM

Let's get this going... $5 off $50, expires 4/28:

IW-HMI-DLC

Please post when used. Also, they split my last order into three shipments (woo?), so I should have a couple more coming soon.

#8 brianmoy

brianmoy

Brian the best I can.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2008 - 04:41 AM

There have been too many new and older users abusing the system, trading codes for affiliate link usage. My reminders went ignored as well, so this will serve as a refresher.

• PM'ing codes in exchange for your personal affiliate link is against the rules of CAG
  • This also includes people who post outside links, either their affiliate link, or to other websites that connect to their affiliate links
  • Anyone caught doing this will face action, up to and including banishment. This is now a Zero Tolerance Policy

I appreciate these new terms and hope that they will be enforced. I don't like the excessive BUMPing by some people in those threads that have blogs, links in their sigs or etcetera devoted to affiliate Play Asia links. Not only that.... but as I did a Google search for "coupon code", I noticed that some regular affiliate posters actually post on other threads requesting Play Asia coupon codes and even noticed that some of those posts on other forums were the same post - word for word - like they just cut and paste those posts on all the "request a coupon code" boards.
-----

Check out my website:
Posted Image
Since Dec 12, 2007.

#9 maxgle

maxgle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2008 - 04:47 AM

Will anyone kind enough to give me a $10 coupon? Thanks.

Update: Nevermind. I found out that I could not add coupon code even if I were to add more stuff to my existing order.

#10 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 12 March 2008 - 04:54 AM

RP-TGX-GYN - $5 off $50
Exp. May 1, 2008

#11 Chaztin

Chaztin

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:32 AM

Seeing as we had two active threads running, both have been shut down and replaced by this one. There have been too many new and older users abusing the system, trading codes for affiliate link usage. My reminders went ignored as well, so this will serve as a refresher.

• If you have a code to share, post it here
  • If you use a posted code, make a post stating such
Support CAG by using the following Affiliate Link:
Play-Asia

And thanks in advance to those who share with the rest!

Well honestly I dont find anything bad in Exchanging code for affiliate link, its a symbiotic relation.

#12 Inf^Shini

Inf^Shini

is Han Cholo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:41 AM

tagged this for later

Posted Image

The face of a pleased man =D

#13 Cmosfm

Cmosfm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:53 AM

I have a few codes from my last purchases that I don't think I'm going to use before they expire. Both are 5 off of 50.

BF-IWZ-JTG
AS-ZXI-EQA

#14 junghu

junghu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2008 - 05:58 AM

RP-TGX-GYN - $5 off $50
Exp. May 1, 2008

Used it already

#15 SizoR

SizoR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2008 - 06:36 AM

Well honestly I dont find anything bad in Exchanging code for affiliate link, its a symbiotic relation.

Indeed. Help-me-help-you, so to speak.

#16 SkItZo

SkItZo

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:50 AM

YR-GEL-AYE Coupon used.

Thank you very much.

#17 Chaztin

Chaztin

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:11 AM

Yes and this will encourage ppl in getting coupon frm here and using it smwer else by exchanging their affiliate link tehre..

#18 oscargrouch

oscargrouch

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:28 PM

Got some coupons I'm not going to use:

FM-PNR-UPL - $5 Off $50 expires March 23rd

HQ-XMF-CAI - $5 Off $50 expires March 29th

Make sure to post if you used.

Don't forget to use the CAG Play Asia link so Cheapy gets credit.

#19 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:45 PM

Yes and this will encourage ppl in getting coupon frm here and using it smwer else by exchanging their affiliate link tehre..

Of course, the only people complaining about this new enforcement are the newbs that profit off of AF links, and have no other activity on CAG. Other long time members are agreeing with this new enforcement. Had you guys taken the time to read the FAQ, it's against the rules that have been set long before I even joined CAG.

As a refresher, here's the AF link section of the FAQ:
http://www.cheapassg...affiliate_links

And it appears that simply sharing and helping others is encouragement enough, as 9 codes have already been posted since this thread started 9 hours ago, one by CheapyD himself.

If you guys have an issue with this, then don't post here anymore, simple as that. You've done nothing but leech off of the userbase anyhow.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#20 dfo

dfo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2008 - 01:14 PM

$5 off $50, expires May 1, 2008: JG-BVV-NNB

Please post when you use it.

#21 TwelveVolt

TwelveVolt

Nobody from Nowhere

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2008 - 01:51 PM

$5 off $50, expires April 17, 2008:

DN-ODH-RMN

please post if you use it.

Edit: used

#22 Chaztin

Chaztin

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:22 PM

Of course, the only people complaining about this new enforcement are the newbs that profit off of AF links, and have no other activity on CAG. Other long time members are agreeing with this new enforcement. Had you guys taken the time to read the FAQ, it's against the rules that have been set long before I even joined CAG.

As a refresher, here's the AF link section of the FAQ:
http://www.cheapassg...affiliate_links

And it appears that simply sharing and helping others is encouragement enough, as 9 codes have already been posted since this thread started 9 hours ago, one by CheapyD himself.

If you guys have an issue with this, then don't post here anymore, simple as that. You've done nothing but leech off of the userbase anyhow.

Now here Mr. Mod you are being lil rude,

CAG, the title itself suggests ppl wanna get codes here,

we didnt leech anything...we GAVE code for link...thats simbiotic..not LEECH.

I will stay member of CAG and keep posting CODES every now and then without the link, I dont mind that.

I know and read ur policy in advance but I read everyone was giving aff links so i also game em.

And yes once again I wld say,

GIVE n TAKE relation is never LEECHING, we gv $10 coupon n hardly get $5 benifit, now guess whos a leech.

Thanks.

#23 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:49 PM

Now here Mr. Mod you are being lil rude,

CAG, the title itself suggests ppl wanna get codes here,

we didnt leech anything...we GAVE code for link...thats simbiotic..not LEECH.

I will stay member of CAG and keep posting CODES every now and then without the link, I dont mind that.

I know and read ur policy in advance but I read everyone was giving aff links so i also game em.

And yes once again I wld say,

GIVE n TAKE relation is never LEECHING, we gv $10 coupon n hardly get $5 benifit, now guess whos a leech.

Thanks.

Honestly, I'm not being rude. I'm just telling it how it is. Only two people have complained about this, you and SiZoR. I'm expecting Malchir to chime in as well, but that doesn't matter. The point is, the only people complaining are the ones who have been profiting off of this.

Regardless of how you view it, you KNOWINGLY broke the rules, by your own admission. A few other people were trading AF links, that is true, but many more were still just giving them away by posting them in the thread. So saying you were going with the crowd is no excuse.

Anyways, the AF linking ends here. If you want to share your codes, it is very much welcome by the community. And by using the CAG AF link in the OP, you help keep this place up and running, complete with the contests and giveaways.

#24 SizoR

SizoR

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2008 - 04:59 PM

No argument from me. Sorry for the trouble.

#25 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 12 March 2008 - 06:28 PM

I posted this in the other thread, but no one ever said that they used it. Therefore I don't know if it has been used or not, but I didn't want it to just be lost in case no one has used it, so here it is again. Please post if you use it, or if you find that it has already been used:

Here's a $5 off $50 that expires 4/24/08 that I won't be able to use:

WT-BDN-DGS

Post if you use it.

#26 kaiyouske

kaiyouske

Posted 12 March 2008 - 06:36 PM

Got some coupons I'm not going to use:

HQ-XMF-CAI - $5 Off $50 expires March 29th

And Cheapy credited. :)

Thanks for the code!

#27 Childs

Childs

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2008 - 08:53 PM

Anyone have a $10 coupon to spare?

#28 TheSkinner

TheSkinner

Posted 12 March 2008 - 09:03 PM

$5 off $50

JR-NFR-ZME

exp 4/20

#29 Childs

Childs

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2008 - 09:59 PM

$5 off $50

JR-NFR-ZME

exp 4/20

Used. Thanks a lot!

#30 Ksinclair

Ksinclair

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:29 AM

I really do not get why people want to stop people from sharing codes. Is it to protect the owner of this site from losing his own sales?

This affiliate link thing is confusing and if anything they are helping us save money.

I do not see where we the Cheap Ass Gamers are losing out anything other then access to more coupon codes.

Just my 2 cents.

Just seems retarded.

Helped me save 10 dollars