Photo
- - - - -

(Wii) Battalion Wars 2 $30.00 at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Feist77

Feist77

Posted 19 March 2008 - 06:51 PM

Amazon has Battalion Wars 2 for 30 an change right now.

#2 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2008 - 06:57 PM

Still too much for 6 months old wii game. It's should be $20 right now cos it sleeper hit title. :)
"Evil is Funs"

#3 ma

ma

Rattled By The Rush

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:25 PM

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=176077
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173810

It's gone up 14 cents since last posted!

#4 TsaebehT

TsaebehT

far from god

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:53 PM

deja vu ...

#5 TehTriggerman

TehTriggerman

Stupidity is the deliberate cultivation of ignorance..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 March 2008 - 09:50 PM

I want this game bad, and Im afraid once it hits a 'comfy' price Ill have to search high(er) and low(er) for it. I hardly see the game retail at $49.99 (except GS)

Megami_Tengoku_II_PC_FX_Banner.jpg

#6 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2008 - 01:32 PM

I want this game bad, and Im afraid once it hits a 'comfy' price Ill have to search high(er) and low(er) for it. I hardly see the game retail at $49.99 (except GS)

Did you play the first one? I...do not want this game :lol:

#7 ma

ma

Rattled By The Rush

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2008 - 03:15 PM

Did you play the first one? I...do not want this game :lol:

To each his own--I love the first game. It doesn't have AAA production values, but it's still a blast.

#8 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 20 March 2008 - 03:58 PM

Still too much for 6 months old wii game. It's should be $20 right now cos it sleeper hit title. :)

when its made by Nintendo, its never too much! or at least thats how they look at it.... ~_~

#9 bfauble83

bfauble83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2008 - 04:11 PM

Price has dropped to $28.62. Is this game anything like General Chaos for genesis? Thats what it reminds me of but i've never played BW 1 or 2...defintely looks interesting tho.

#10 heyo007

heyo007

Loco for P.B.Loco PB!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 March 2008 - 04:51 PM

In for one. I needed something else to go with Power Pro Baseball and this has been on my want list for some time. I've been curious to try out the online mode. Thanks OP!

#11 Wolfpup

Wolfpup

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2008 - 02:40 PM

To each his own--I love the first game. It doesn't have AAA production values, but it's still a blast.

Personally I thought the production values were fine, it was just completely broken/awful gameplay.

when its made by Nintendo, its never too much! or at least thats how they look at it.... ~_~

I gave up on the idea that any company could do no wrong years and years ago...during the NES days actually. Besides, it's a second party title, but IMO Nintendo's got plenty of stinkers, especially lately.

Price has dropped to $28.62. Is this game anything like General Chaos for genesis? Thats what it reminds me of but i've never played BW 1 or 2...defintely looks interesting tho.

Nope, it's nothing like that (I remember loving that back in the day!) IMO it's a completely broken RTS-esque game. I'd rent first (and heck, pick up the first Pikmen if you want an interesting twist on the RTS genre that plays well).

#12 bfauble83

bfauble83

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2008 - 02:53 PM

Nope, it's nothing like that (I remember loving that back in the day!) IMO it's a completely broken RTS-esque game. I'd rent first (and heck, pick up the first Pikmen if you want an interesting twist on the RTS genre that plays well).

Just lost alot of interest. Maybe I'll pick it up if its ever clearanced around me for under $20

#13 ma

ma

Rattled By The Rush

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:01 PM

Personally I thought the production values were fine, it was just completely broken/awful gameplay.

Huh, well either it's a lot worse than the first one, or we have different ideas of "completely broken/awful" gameplay. It uses the fundamental rock/paper/scissors mechanic that works well in Advance Wars, Fire Emblem, etc. I have definitely heard that the Wii version is easier than the Gamecube one, which is too bad. The Gamecube balance was just right--you can pass a mission on the first try about 50% of the time, and it takes 3-4 playthroughs to get a good enough rank to unlock the extra missions. And for the ambitious, there is the S-rank for every level.

I definitely agree with you that it isn't even close to Pikmin in terms of quality, of course.

#14 ma

ma

Rattled By The Rush

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:02 PM

It's not made by Nintendo, it's made by Kuju. It is published by Nintendo, but that's no guarantee of goodness (I'm looking at you, Geist).

#15 mold-

mold-

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:34 PM

one of the best wii games out, got it for xmas!

#16 ps99472

ps99472

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:59 PM

got my $1.62 price adjustment... love amazon..so easy

#17 -Sean

-Sean

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2008 - 06:18 PM

I'm waiting until it hits $20 until I bite.

#18 bo0

bo0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 March 2008 - 06:21 PM

ill just rent it on gamefly. meh.
Posted Image

Posted Image

forums are boring, i'm not sure why I do this anymore.

#19 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:23 AM

Loved the Gamecube release. I'll pick this up at $20.

cagSig.png515886.png