Photo
- - - - -

The 2008 MLB Season Thread (Update: Phillies Won)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2092 replies to this topic

#1 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2008 - 11:32 AM

Didn't see it posted yet, and the season just started this morning in Japan.

Anyone else watching?
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 (360), Black Ops (360)

Posted Image

#2 EastBayAnt

EastBayAnt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2008 - 12:42 PM

Just got off work and watching the game right now (time-shifted via Tivo). Matsuzaka not looking good here in the first inning. Baseball at 3am pacific time is awesome! :)

Let's go Oakland!

"Virtual Console?!? Original hardware, fool!!!"

#3 TheCochese

TheCochese

I make things out of wood

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2008 - 12:53 PM

Shit, I forgot! Passed out at 10:30 and just woke up.

#4 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2008 - 12:54 PM

Jacoby made a nasty catch.

Posted Image

#5 FFMooglestar

FFMooglestar

SoCal Living.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2008 - 12:58 PM

Gotta be tough to start off the season with a Blown Save.

#6 DJSteel

DJSteel

Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:09 PM

Here we go Pirates.. break two records in one season... most games lost in a season and most consecutive losing seasons.. but hey, they draw on bobblehead night...
Posted ImagePosted Image
Mario kart Wii Code - 4597-0827-2394

#7 TheCochese

TheCochese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:14 PM

Brandon Moss? Who?

#8 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:28 PM

Manny being Manny!

#9 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:30 PM

This is great!

Posted Image

#10 klwillis45

klwillis45

Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:33 PM

So far I'm glad Huston Street got sniped from me.
Posted Image

#11 BoSoxFan900

BoSoxFan900

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:37 PM

Yeah, Huston didn't look good out there. He didn't even look good on the int. walks. Let's go Papelbon! Three outs away.

Because horses have huge raging boners and we're all about huge raging boners here at CAG. There's poopers to be filled, dammit!

#12 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:44 PM

Oh christ.

Posted Image

#13 TheCochese

TheCochese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:46 PM

Stupid gamecast.

#14 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:49 PM

If the A's dont score, they should cut or demote Emil Brown right after the game. Dude aint no Joey Gathright.

#15 lordwow

lordwow

Fmr. VP of the OTT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:50 PM

Great first game of the season! Glad baseball is back.

Posted Image

#16 BoSoxFan900

BoSoxFan900

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:52 PM

Regardless of who you're a fan of, that was a good game, and a great start to the season. Terrible base running there at the end. That's just poor baseball, really.

Because horses have huge raging boners and we're all about huge raging boners here at CAG. There's poopers to be filled, dammit!

#17 DJSteel

DJSteel

Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:57 PM

typical of a opening game.. you are going to have that..
Posted ImagePosted Image
Mario kart Wii Code - 4597-0827-2394

#18 TheCochese

TheCochese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2008 - 02:09 PM

MLB needs to stop this Opening morning shit.

Open the season in the Nasty, or in DC and have the Prez throw out the first pitch.

#19 deszaras

deszaras

Wait...what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2008 - 03:34 PM

I got frequent updates of the game while I listened to sports talk radio this morning and it sounded like a good game after the first couple of innings. Too bad they held it out in Japan when few people in America could see it. It's just stupid to have the opening day game there considering the time difference.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#20 TC

TC

Better w/o Kinect

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2008 - 03:39 PM

Tigers 2008!

#21 DomLando

DomLando

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2008 - 05:16 PM

Yeah I think opening the season in Japan sucks. Since I am on the East Coast the game airs at 6 AM, that's garbage. Can't wait for the Mets to open up.

#22 ryanbph

ryanbph

Posted 25 March 2008 - 05:45 PM

Brandon Moss? Who?

He is a stud OF prospect of the redsox...the reason we let murphy go to the rangers in the gagne trade...Thats why it made no sense for the sox to sign jd drew to a 5 year deal when they did. They had cocco and manny already locked up for a couple of years...and the prospects of moss, ellsbury and murphy fighting for that one spot was taken away when they got drew. Moss has done very well in the minors..he is a similiar hitter to drew, wiith more power. He has a really sweet swing. He did struggle in his limited playing time last summer and fall for the sox.

Posted Image

#23 klwillis45

klwillis45

Posted 25 March 2008 - 05:49 PM

Moss will be ok, it's hard for Drew to block someone from the training table.
Posted Image

#24 ryanbph

ryanbph

Posted 25 March 2008 - 06:03 PM

my money is drew hits .280 - .295 this year, a decent amount of RBI's, 20 - 25 homers and a bunch of doubles...He will learn to use the wall to his advantage and by the end of the season will be the #5 guy that he was brought in here for. If you track his stats last year, he started off really hot, then was cold for months. The time he was cold was also during the time where his child had some serious medical issues. It improved greatly the end of august, and sept/oct jd resumed hitting the hell out of the ball. I think he is a great player, but the money he got paid is money for the team stud. He isn't and never has been a team stud along the lines of pappi, arod, pujols, howard etc...It was just a bad contract not a bad signing.

Posted Image

#25 TheCochese

TheCochese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2008 - 06:06 PM

My money is he'll pull a hammy brushing his teeth in mid-June.

#26 craven_fiend

craven_fiend

It Gives You Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:49 PM

Sucks I had to work, seems like I missed a hell of a win for the BoSox.
Posted Image

#27 dopa345

dopa345

All around nice guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 March 2008 - 11:15 PM

my money is drew hits .280 - .295 this year, a decent amount of RBI's, 20 - 25 homers and a bunch of doubles...He will learn to use the wall to his advantage and by the end of the season will be the #5 guy that he was brought in here for. If you track his stats last year, he started off really hot, then was cold for months. The time he was cold was also during the time where his child had some serious medical issues. It improved greatly the end of august, and sept/oct jd resumed hitting the hell out of the ball. I think he is a great player, but the money he got paid is money for the team stud. He isn't and never has been a team stud along the lines of pappi, arod, pujols, howard etc...It was just a bad contract not a bad signing.

I agree. Drew is actually a very good player, despite an "off season" he still compiled an OBP of .370 and clearly found his stroke towards the end of the season. I think the mistake is relying on him to be an RBI guy which he doesn't have the power nor the make up for that. Stick him in the #2 slot and he'll score a 100 runs, no problem.

#28 ryanbph

ryanbph

Posted 26 March 2008 - 12:01 AM

very good points...but with ellsbury as a leadoff, and pedroia or youkillis your prototypical #2 guy it won't happen in boston. He doesn't need to hit for power....he just has to poke his bat out and drop it off the monster. Mike lowells and bill mueller careers got a big kick in the nuts coming to boston. Wade boggs made a career out of hitting doubles off the monster...With the first 4 hitters in the lineup on boston, the number 5 guy in the lineup will get a shitload of RBI"s. They just need to put the ball in play. They will come to the plate with someone on base, and most likely in scoring position.

Posted Image

#29 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:25 AM

Didn't see it posted yet, and the season just started this morning in Japan.

Anyone else watching?

The words fucking bullshit still come to my mind.

Fuck you Japan, let's play in AMERICA, and not at fucking 6am.

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#30 ryanbph

ryanbph

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:08 AM

well it is to help promote mlb worldwide so that the owners can make a shitload more money thru tv revenue and to open the doorway for more japanese players to come stateside.

Posted Image