- - - - -

2008 NFL Season Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3215 replies to this topic

#1 klwillis45

klwillis45

Posted 02 April 2008 - 05:24 PM

2007 thread

With the draft coming up & some rule changes, I thought it's time to start anew.

I'm a big fan of getting rid of the force out, making it reviewable would've been a huge mistake.

The helmet radio for defense is also a welcome addition.
Posted Image

#2 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2008 - 05:27 PM

the shaun hill era in SF begins in september

The helmet radio for defense is also a welcome addition.

its incredible that it took this long to make the rule.

Posted Image

#3 DJSteel

DJSteel

Posted 02 April 2008 - 05:40 PM

I think the force out is good, and I think it should be reviewable.

I also like the defensive headphones.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Mario kart Wii Code - 4597-0827-2394

#4 ph33r m3

ph33r m3

C.A.G. Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:02 PM

the shaun hill era in SF begins in september

its incredible that it took this long to make the rule.

It was already reported that Alex Smith, unless he breaks his arm, will be the starter this year.

:sad face:
Posted Image

#5 daroga

daroga

swimming with nanocarp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:17 PM

Cleveland had a great, surprising year last year. Anything less than an AFC North title will be a disappointment.

I like being pleasantly surprised rather than having the potential to be let down. :P But, I think they've made some good moves in the off season. They should have no problem winning the division.

Posted Image

#6 DJSteel

DJSteel

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:19 PM

You are in Cleveland.. you are used to disappointment..lol
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 daroga

daroga

swimming with nanocarp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:24 PM

You are in Cleveland.. you are used to disappointment..lol

So true ;)

Technically I'm not *in* Cleveland, but am a Cleveland fan. I would love to see all 4 teams be competitive this year in our division, but I have a feeling it's just going to be Cleveland and Pittsburgh again.

Posted Image

#8 DomLando

DomLando

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:35 PM

It was already reported that Alex Smith, unless he breaks his arm, will be the starter this year.

Where was that reported as I thought it was basically an open competition.

#9 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:40 PM

from espn on march 27

The 49ers hope Smith is in shape to participate in their post-draft minicamp in early May, when he'll have to begin the process of winning a starting job for the first time since his rookie season. Shaun Hill, the career third-stringer who won two starts as a late-season replacement for Trent Dilfer, will get a chance to compete with Smith, according to Martz and Nolan.

Posted Image

#10 DJSteel

DJSteel

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:46 PM

So true ;)

Technically I'm not *in* Cleveland, but am a Cleveland fan. I would love to see all 4 teams be competitive this year in our division, but I have a feeling it's just going to be Cleveland and Pittsburgh again.

I'm gearing up for a subpar year because the schedule this year will be brutal.
I think 6 games in their schedule are teams that didn't make the playoffs
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 ph33r m3

ph33r m3

C.A.G. Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:49 PM

from espn on march 27

John Clayton reported on one of those "Inside the Huddle" that Smith has the job, mostly because:

"As far as being a leader goes, he was out there on the field when his arm was practically falling off, his forearm had tendinitis and he was playing through pain that most QBs' don't go through, he was just in the wrong scheme and it didn't support him"
Posted Image

#12 DomLando

DomLando

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:54 PM

John Clayton reported on one of those "Inside the Huddle" that Smith has the job, mostly because:

"As far as being a leader goes, he was out there on the field when his arm was practically falling off, his forearm had tendinitis and he was playing through pain that most QBs' don't go through, he was just in the wrong scheme and it didn't support him"

I rather Hill in there because they need a change and Smith has proven he is not a starter in the league. I don't think Hill is the answer either though. Hopefully they will make a move in the draft and maybe get a QB. I doubt they will though since they already have 3 QB's. Why did they ever get rid of Garcia??

Anyone know what happened with Takeo Spikes? He visited the Niners and they said they wanted to sign him, but I haven't heard anything since.

#13 daroga

daroga

swimming with nanocarp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:54 PM

I'm gearing up for a subpar year because the schedule this year will be brutal.
I think 6 games in their schedule are teams that didn't make the playoffs

Yeah, it's going to be rough. At least all 4 of us suffer together, though. ;)

Posted Image

#14 ph33r m3

ph33r m3

C.A.G. Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:14 PM

I rather Hill in there because they need a change and Smith has proven he is not a starter in the league. I don't think Hill is the answer either though. Hopefully they will make a move in the draft and maybe get a QB. I doubt they will though since they already have 3 QB's. Why did they ever get rid of Garcia??

Anyone know what happened with Takeo Spikes? He visited the Niners and they said they wanted to sign him, but I haven't heard anything since.

Spikes is just waiting, biting his time until a better offer.

We let Garcia go because he was playing like utter crap. Hell, Rattay played better in that 03-04 season. People forget he blew ass in Cleveland and Detroit.

Shaun Hill isn't the answer, he has an average arm, but is he better than Smith in my book? Yes.

I would let them draft a QB but only in rounds 4+
Posted Image

#15 DomLando

DomLando

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:16 PM

Spikes is just waiting, biting his time until a better offer.

We let Garcia go because he was playing like utter crap. Hell, Rattay played better in that 03-04 season. People forget he blew ass in Cleveland and Detroit.

Shaun Hill isn't the answer, he has an average arm, but is he better than Smith in my book? Yes.

I would let them draft a QB but only in rounds 4+

Yeah I remember he was bad in Cleveland and Detroit but they let him go because of money not because he was playing poorly. I would much rather of had him the past few years but oh well. It just sucks that as fans we have to go through another year with no QB. I can't take it anymore!

#16 ph33r m3

ph33r m3

C.A.G. Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:27 PM

Yeah I remember he was bad in Cleveland and Detroit but they let him go because of money not because he was playing poorly. I would much rather of had him the past few years but oh well. It just sucks that as fans we have to go through another year with no QB. I can't take it anymore!

Don't worry my 49er Faithful brother, we will rise again! I called last year, that Shaun Hill will save us! And yet again another prediction!

The 49ers are struggling at 2-5 and the millions,billions,trillions of 49ers fans have had enough. They rise up and take Nolan hostage, and he is replaced by the Bay Area legend Ronnie Lott.
Posted Image

#17 jeepinillini

jeepinillini

Torque Obsessed Maniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:46 PM

Ahhh, been too long since I've seen an NFL thread. Hopefully the Bears will pick up Rashard Mendenhall in the draft this year. I can't wait until the Cedric Benson era is done.

At least now the Bears will start laying some even harder smack on the Packers without Brett Favre.
Posted Image

I'm not sure how many of you were still interested after the whole MILF thing, but knowing CAG, I'm sure it's a lot of you.

#18 klwillis45

klwillis45

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:28 PM

Pack still has the best QB in the division. We'll see if he can stay on the field.
Posted Image

#19 joldko

joldko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2008 - 11:02 PM

oo eagles have the best secondary in the league now with asante samuel :D

#20 ph33r m3

ph33r m3

C.A.G. Legend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2008 - 11:05 PM

Did anyone watch that Chad Johnson interview on Sportcenter?

He musta been drunk.
Posted Image

#21 DJSteel

DJSteel

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:09 AM

oo eagles have the best secondary in the league now with asante samuel :D

good try though...
Posted ImagePosted Image

#22 DomLando

DomLando

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2008 - 05:27 PM

He musta been drunk.

I just saw it now on ESPN.com. That interview was so awkward. It was hilarious. At the end when he was saying, "That's it, That's It?" I was laughing. Nothing came out of that interview.

The Bengals cut Chris Henry today. Why do some of these players continue to waste there talent and do stupid things off the field? It baffles me.

#23 specialk

specialk

[Game Over]

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2008 - 06:40 PM

On the draft...please let Earl Bennett go somewhere where he'll be used....oh please.

I can hope for the Broncos...

#24 jeepinillini

jeepinillini

Torque Obsessed Maniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2008 - 08:42 PM

I bet Marvin Lewis is happy at least one of those idiots is gone from Cincy.
Posted Image

I'm not sure how many of you were still interested after the whole MILF thing, but knowing CAG, I'm sure it's a lot of you.

#25 primetime

primetime

What time is it?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:36 PM

I just saw it now on ESPN.com. That interview was so awkward. It was hilarious. At the end when he was saying, "That's it, That's It?" I was laughing. Nothing came out of that interview.

The Bengals cut Chris Henry today. Why do some of these players continue to waste there talent and do stupid things off the field? It baffles me.

:shock: The Bengals cut...Chris Henry? I figured he could commit murder and still stay in Cinci.

And I thought the interview wasn't out of the ordinary for Chad.

On a similar note, I wish Nate Washington had been the one getting in trouble in Pittsburgh instead of Wilson.
Posted Image

#26 DomLando

DomLando

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:18 PM

:shock: The Bengals cut...Chris Henry? I figured he could commit murder and still stay in Cinci.

And I thought the interview wasn't out of the ordinary for Chad.

On a similar note, I wish Nate Washington had been the one getting in trouble in Pittsburgh instead of Wilson.

The whole interview to me was just awkward. He was then interviewed on the radio this morning, and he did not know of Henry being cut. They informed him and he was shocked. Chad said they need him. I think he is a good talent but I don't know about needing him.

#27 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:21 AM

http://sports.yahoo....ov=st&type=lgns

Report: Favre re-thinking retirement

LOS ANGELES (TICKER) —Brett Favre could be having second thoughts about retirement.

According to a Los Angeles Times report, the former Green Bay Packers quarterback, who announced his retirement last month, is contemplating a comeback with another team.

Citing NFL sources, the Times reported Thursday that Favre has been quietly talking with teams about their interest in trading for the three-time NFL Most Valuable Player.

On March 4, Favre, who played with the Packers for 16 seasons, announced his retirement during an emotional press conference at Lambeau Field.

However, Favre, 38, has yet to give written notice of his retirement to the league or players’ union.

Favre’s agent, James “Bus” Cook, told the Times he was not aware of his client’s possible interest in resuming his career.

“That’s news to me,” Cook said. “I don’t think it has anything to do with anything. He’s retired, period, point blank.”

During his press conference, Favre denied he retired because the Packers did not make a more aggressive attempt to sign wide receiver Randy Moss.

However, Favre’s decision came one day after the New England Patriots re-signed Moss to a three-year contract worth $27 million.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

New sig coming soon.

#28 jeepinillini

jeepinillini

Torque Obsessed Maniac

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2008 - 02:07 AM

http://sports.yahoo....ov=st&type=lgns

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Wow... a great April Fool's day joke would have been Favre becoming active again and signing a contract with Chicago (or Detroit or Minnesota).
Posted Image

#29 integralsmatic

integralsmatic

Everyday should be Harvey Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2008 - 02:13 AM

Well since bryant johnson didnt sign with the bills..i guess they will target Malcolm Kelly,limas sweed, or deseasn jackson...even harvey is in the mix..but if Sedrick Ellis falls..they have to bite on him.
Posted Image
Signature by Banshee350
Avatar(or Bust shot) done by Jeffery "CHAMBA" Cruz
R.I.P Nujabes aka Jun Seba (1974-2010) Another great musical mind ripped from our hands.
R.I.P Pat Carlucci- Rest easy my friend. You're with all of us in our hearts.

#30 DomLando

DomLando

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2008 - 05:27 PM

He musta been drunk.