CAGcast #114: Mega Muffins

• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:58 AM

CheapyD samples the latest nastiness from McDonalds Japan and Wombat is just plain nasty. We supplement a slow news week with an extra large CAGbag and other CAGGY treats.

Win Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword (DS), signed by Yosuke Hayashi

Win Destroy All Humans: Big Willy Unleashed (Wii)

http://media.libsyn.com/media/cheapyd/cagcast114.mp3 Download - 99 minutes, 45MB
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image [digg]http://digg.com/podcasts/CAGcast[/digg]
Past CAGcasts

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Bonus Pictures & Video
Posted Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3CUwUjmF5k
By popular request, bjwoodruff's CAGs On News Theme Song

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/podcast/cagsonews.mp3

#2 funkpanda

funkpanda

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:40 AM

Morning cheapy!

#3 HotShotX

HotShotX

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:41 AM

Working late to prepare for my Senior Design showcase tomorrow (bleh). Definitely going to be listening to it tomorrow night.

~HotShotX
[chipinsig]dc7c442c9bf5c573[/chipinsig]

#4 fullmetalfan720

fullmetalfan720

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:44 AM

Downloading now.
The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he ever receive either.
-Ben Franklin
The humblest citizen in all the land, when clad in the armor of a righteous cause, is stronger than all the hosts of error. - William Jennings Bryan

#5 Trenchalicious

Trenchalicious

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:45 AM

sweet
1 CENT AUCTION STARTS: XBOX 360 & DS Game @ My ebay auctions!

#6 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:48 AM

Downloading now.

I'm having what he's having.

#7 cdrober

cdrober

Too many games & too little time.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:55 AM

Thanks for this latest episode...

I still think you should offer that platinum membership, I would totally hit up my paypal account to get in on that action!

#8 vanilla_shakin_it

vanilla_shakin_it

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:57 AM

A secret invasion nod and it's not even a minute in?! HALLELUJAH!

#9 DreadMech

DreadMech

is the infamous Takamofo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:57 AM

hooray for a new cagcast...though the next one we need wonbot to make an appearance..or cheapy to buy that robocop statue and make it a regular on the show.
XBL Gamertag: Takamofo / PSN: DaftGT

#10 Fuzi0n

Fuzi0n

"What's a Nubian?"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:58 AM

YES YES YES! Thank you guys.

#11 CouRageouS

CouRageouS

Rootbeer=Superwater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:00 AM

A secret invasion nod and it's not even a minute in?! HALLELUJAH!

Wombat must be "Wonbot the Skrull" in disguise.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#12 vanilla_shakin_it

vanilla_shakin_it

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:12 AM

Let's just hope a seventies, funkified, version of wombat doesn't show up in a space ship.

#13 Phryo88

Phryo88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:14 AM

Sweet jebus look at that thing. McDonalds makes me sick in the morning as it is. Fantastic show again this week. :)

#14 maxgle

maxgle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:25 AM

I waited until 1:30 last friday and cheapy didn't post it until 2.. so I went to bed disappointed. This is how much Cagcast means to me :)

#15 HarassmentPanda

HarassmentPanda

rockin' the dills

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:33 AM

The CAGbag has been in desperate need of some love lately. Also, that biscuit looks downright deadly!

#16 CouRageouS

CouRageouS

Rootbeer=Superwater

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:35 AM

Let's just hope a seventies, funkified, version of wombat doesn't show up in a space ship.

I don't know what that means. I just knew what the secret invasion is :lol:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 weevles

weevles

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:35 AM

Thank you Cheapy! Gonna listen tonig...whoops, it's CSI premiere...tomorrow!

#18 vanilla_shakin_it

vanilla_shakin_it

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:37 AM

I don't know what that means. I just knew what the secret invasion is :lol:

Jeez, make me show how geeky I am to someone who didn't even READ IT! Spoilers, basically all the heroes freak out because of the skrulls when all of a sudden a skrull ship crashes on earth and a bunch of duplicates of the heroes and how they looked in the 70's step out.

#19 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:43 AM

I think Wombat is right. Paying $19.99 for an XBLA game that is episodic is too much. I think it would of been smarter if they offered episode 1 for 400 points and the rest for 800 points. Getting gamers hooked would work better. I did buy Puzzle Quest for 1200 points but it's cheaper than any other version and takes a long time to finish. Penny Arcade's title better have some hot shit under it's tank.

BTW isn't GTA4 set in Liberty City, not New York? I know it's pretty much the same style but I doubt the city will be exactly the same.
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#20 menikmati

menikmati

Isolation, self-damnation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2008 - 07:27 AM

Shit, Arachnoid sounds HAWT!

#21 Brendan duggan

Brendan duggan

Posted 04 April 2008 - 07:37 AM

no no no cheapy , i didnt mean a independent only palm springs resturaunt i ment the big corp ones that you have eaten in nyc , i know its a stupid question but still

thanks
Posted Image

GT : Bdugz24769

#22 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 04 April 2008 - 07:55 AM

*Wonb't the Super Skrull

... ;)

10 cool points to Wombat for the Secret Invasion reference. This is my first time listening to CAGcast, and you just secured yourselves another listener. Another reason for me to listen? Updates on Cheapy's bowel movements. 8-[

And I'd totally buy CAG action figures. :shock:;

#23 dsingh2007

dsingh2007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:13 AM

Hmm..I didn't notice any additional nastiness in this podcast. The idea of a $20 xbox live game is ridiculous and definitely sets a bad precedent. $15 should be the limit for all live games. If Microsoft can limit the games to a certain size then they can also set a maximum price limit for the games.

Cheapy I know you said that all stores will have GTA IV readily available at launch but do you think that it's worth waiting for a few weeks for huge sales like we saw with COD4.

I also highly recommend trying out Rosetta Stone. It's a great program. I came to the U.S. 4 years ago and I could barely read or speak any English at all. The program has helped me immensely and I believe if you try it should help you too.

#24 V4Oldboy

V4Oldboy

Vengeance 4 Oldboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2008 - 09:38 AM

Wait, I thought that the PSN store would still be up, just no new content, meaning you can still download stuff. And since usually the new content consists of a demo (maybe) and a few wallpapers/themes/videos, its not a huge loss for a "massive" two weeks. But at least Warhawk is still $30 which I just downloaded.

"You WROTE it, you can't UN-WRITE it!" - Maurice LaMarche

[if you need help funding a PSN gameshare (US) I'm happy to help out fellow CAGs (PM me) as long as you are patient.]

#25 KingBroly

KingBroly

CAG Club Nintendo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:04 AM

It's Guy-din, not Guy-den.

I agree that $20 is too much for a downloadable EPISODE (because that's what it is). It doesn't entice a new user into the franchise, and even though Penny Arcade may have an audience, I cannot see all of them buying this day, even a majority.

The no new content for 2 weeks thing for the Playstation Store is BS, and maybe, just maybe this non-web-based store will mean content daily instead of weekly when you get home and are butt tired after work.

As far as the 360 goes, its' hardware situation is a disaster. And I have a hard time believing that they can make a smaller one because of the hard drive. It's made in-house so to speak, and fits on the side. A smaller system would mean they'd have to make a new hard drive, and Microsoft is basically just trying to make a profit off the thing. So unless they plan on putting it on top in a redesign, making it look uglier than it already is, Microsoft is stuck with their current system situation.
Completed Games: 2011 | 2012
CAG Club Nintendo Thread
Posted Image

#26 Satans Magic Hat

Satans Magic Hat

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:14 AM

I've been a long time CAGCast listener, and fan of Wombat and CheapyD. I've never really found anything Wombat said as particularly mean, but the Penny Arcady bashing I did find a little borderline.

I understand that Wombat wants a physical copy of his games, and spending 20 bucks on a download for the XBLA might be too much, but rather than express his opinion on the matter it felt like he was completely throwing the idea to the curb and condemning it and anyone that might be interested. Wombat really needs to understand that there are millions of people that are perfectly okay with the digital distribution model, as Steam and Gametap have demonstrated.

Plus he completely knocks the game as a "flash game" when really no one knows that much about it. It might very well be a deep RPG with a lengthy play-time, and the episodic approach is a way of simply advancing the story in bite-sized chunks. Of course, Wombat could be completely right. Who knows. It's also pretty important to not view this as the "Penny Arcade Guys' Game" and as the developer's, who undoubtedly had a big say in the distribution model. That's not to say they deserve no credit and are free from blame, but it's like blaming Will Wright because The Sims has turned into a doll-house instead of a complex strategy game (which I would argue it originally was).

Anyways, I just thought it was something that had to be said, and won't change how I feel about Wombat, Cheapy, or the show. Keep up the great work, and keep on reading the cagbag for more outrage and insults from us, your devoted fans ;)

#27 Shady3011

Shady3011

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:28 AM

Brendan duggan, you must go to In-'N-Out before you leave Palm Springs. It is our pride and joy. It's an awesome burger joint you can only find on the West Coast.

#28 Noedskou

Noedskou

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:57 AM

Dammit !! I'm at school and after that i have to work until like 21.15.

Seriously guys i'm having some major cag-withdrawal sympthoms..

Posted ImagePosted Image
Gaming Log

"I have heard of this weed you speak of" - Wombat

#29 ShinAkumA21

ShinAkumA21

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:16 PM

that Mega Mcmuffin should of had like some Crab Meat and Shrimps added to it to make it truly Japanese Style!

#30 rogueweapon

rogueweapon

FREEyourMIND

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:32 PM

good april fools joke. I was ready to enjoy my free membership which offered more than I use of CAG.com now. Btw, the dollar isn't done nosediving. the reason you are seeing all those new dollar coins is because the dollar is about the become the next quarter. So they can intro the Amero. check it out.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_3jdQxDC7pA&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_3jdQxDC7pA&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Posted Image

GET SMART, sub my videos & favorites on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/rogueweapon

@rogueweapon twitter
http://www.twitter.com/rogueweapon