Photo
- - - - -

Anyone seen the Metal Gear Solid 4 UDF action figures?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2008 - 06:33 AM

Hey fellow Canadians. Long time reader, first time poster, sorry. I was wondering if anyone has come across this line of 7" action figures in or around Toronto. They're under the Metal Gear Solid 4 line and are manufactured by UDF. I'd love to get my hands on a couple. I'm currently in Kingston for a couple weeks so that'd work too.

These are directly related to video games so I hope nobody takes this as being off-topic. Here's a shot of the entire line:

Posted Image

If anyone can help me track them down, I'd be very appreciative. Online prices seem to be outrageous, especially after shipping to good old Canada, plus I hate to buy action figures sight unseen.

By the way, I wanted to thank you guys for three sweet deals I've come across on this forum that allowed me to make some great scores. Awesome forum.

PS: Did everyone get their online beta discs from EB? See you on the battlefield!

#2 kathos

kathos

Wooooooooo.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2008 - 12:25 PM

The whole line is available in the Kingston comic store "4 Colours, 8 Bits".

And stores in Toronto Gamerama and random comic book stores downtown (too many to name, Silver Snail's a good one) have 'em.
Ex-Futureshop slave, ex-EB Games slave driver. Now Home Depot dreg.
Posted Image

#3 MatiasB

MatiasB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:59 PM

And about how much are they there?

#4 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:22 PM

The whole line is available in the Kingston comic store "4 Colours, 8 Bits".

Whoa, I owe you one bigtime, kathos! Went over to 4 colors in Kingston and they had everything but Naked Snake. I grabbed 3 of em, 19.99 each. Hoping they will get Naked back in stock in about 2 weeks. I should still be in town by then, wish me luck. The figs are pretty rad, almost no articulation but that was expected.

#5 snowsquirrel

snowsquirrel

solid squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 May 2008 - 10:26 PM

Anyone know of a Canadian online retailer for these? I doubt I will find them in a shop in my rural area of NS. I don't feel like hunting around HFX next time I am there.

Shipping is only $7 from eStarland.com, but if I order more than one, I have to worry about duty and brokerage fees.

~S
* Need a notebook for your project? www.projectnotebookr.com: tasks, notes, timelines, etc.
* The Blog of an Educated Squirrel: comments on gaming, technology, and other general nerdery.

#6 Icetron

Icetron

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:10 AM

I saw Raiden locally, $20 @ Ages Three and Up today. Their site is www.agesthreeandup.com, they might have it online too.

#7 snowsquirrel

snowsquirrel

solid squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2008 - 12:27 PM

Thanks for the heads up. Their website does show the collection, but they are sold out.

Imagine that... Raiden was the only one left. :)
* Need a notebook for your project? www.projectnotebookr.com: tasks, notes, timelines, etc.
* The Blog of an Educated Squirrel: comments on gaming, technology, and other general nerdery.

#8 trippingmartian

trippingmartian

Posted 13 May 2008 - 06:40 PM

Those are nice dolls.

#9 snowsquirrel

snowsquirrel

solid squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2008 - 01:43 PM

I really want the snake eater one. But I wish he was in camo, or fatigues instead of a tight sneaking suit. Tight suits are for guys like Raiden. :) I'll still probably order one, from eStarland I guess.
~S

#10 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2008 - 08:40 AM

I still haven't been able to get Naked Snake. Hopefully I can find it when I go back to Toronto next week. Anyone see that one around Toronto recently?