LEGO Deals

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8110 replies to this topic

#1 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:08 AM

Anyone know of a good forum to talk about finding cheap legos? Basically, a cheapassgamer for lego shoppers.

#2 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

Supreme Overlord of the Multiverse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:17 AM

Nope, LEGOs are different at each store, it's hit and miss with sales.

This place gives you coupons for different stores. The link is for the LEGO online store.

http://www.couponmou...pons-deals.html

New Leaf and MK 7 Peeps...

3DS FC: 4742-6334-0289

#3 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:35 PM

Thanks for the link. This could be very useful.

#4 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:43 PM

Thanks for the link. This could be very useful.

Your welcome, there are some LEGO websites that sometimes post deals, but hardly ever.

There is a $5 of $25 coupon for Target toys, but I can't find the link to it.

#5 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2008 - 03:40 AM

I have Legos for sale if you are looking. CML for details.

#6 Irukandji

Irukandji

Gold Guns Girls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2008 - 03:51 PM

im glad someone started a lego thread. well you can get on www.lego.com and go to shop. they ususally have different deals by the week. sometimes you can get good stuff for 50 percent off. personally my favorite place to go is target. they always have some lego sets on clearance. i got the lego star destroyer for 40 bucks and the slave 1 for 12 bucks. in terms of bulk bricks the only deal your going to find is at a garage sale. cross your fingers. :D

#7 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2008 - 04:15 PM

I'm really looking for deals either online or B&M. My best bet so far has been looking for coupons on cheapassgamer. I've used the $5 target coupon a lot and plan to use the $5 TRU coupon today.

Other reasons I started this thread are because I missed a pimp clearance at my TRU. They had Arkham Asylum for $21. :( I was able to catch $3 off with and a $5 coupon on the cargo plane last month at my other TRU - by random luck. While both of those were likely YMMV, it would have been nice to post the finds for others or to see if others had finds too.

#8 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:38 PM

i got the lego star destroyer for 40 bucks and the slave 1 for 12 bucks.

I hate you. :lol:

#9 Irukandji

Irukandji

Gold Guns Girls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2008 - 12:43 AM

haha. well i'll keep my eyes open man. if i see anything else good i'll let you know. i stopped by target and tru today but they didnt have anything marked down except some exo force sets. until then just peep some yard/garage sales since its spring time. you can check craigslist, theres always a chance that somebody is selling a "box of legos" which could be an amazing find. i know a guy that bought a box of legos for 5 dollars and i had 2 millenium flacons in it. i hate him. damn things are on ebay for 200 dollars.

#10 Jedi1979

Jedi1979

Mobster Kitties!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2008 - 12:49 AM

i had actually gotten the Batman Arkham Asylum for $17.xx after the extra 20% off...The reason it was still there was probably cause it was opened, but i took the chance since lego has great customer service when it comes to missing parts.

I ending up missing about 30-40 pieces and had no problem with lego sending them to me for free
Posted Image

#11 Tybee

Tybee

Rowsdower!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2008 - 01:07 AM

This thread is a good idea. LEGOs are so great, but often very pricey, and other than the clearance stuff in the LEGO store, deals are few and far between.

Have you guys seen the Cafe Corner, Green Grocer, and Market Street sets? I've never been a Town person, but those are unbelievable. Gonna get those soon, even if I can't get a deal on them.

#12 djkunai

djkunai

Posted 19 April 2008 - 03:54 AM

Cafe Corner, Green Grocer, and Market Street sets

:drool:
Posted Image

#13 Irukandji

Irukandji

Gold Guns Girls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2008 - 05:00 AM

very sexy sets. i've only seen them online. apparently there was a hoth limited editon set that i didnt even know about and its hella expensive now. i wanna get the sandcrawler but i know i wont find it for less than 120.

#14 SOSTrooper

SOSTrooper

θ = fractional occupancy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2008 - 05:20 AM

Amazon has the Cafe Corner for $119.99 with free shipping (and no tax in most states). This is the cheapest I've seen so far for this set in online/B&M store.

Posted Image
| Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | OCZ Gold 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 1600 | Asus P6T Deluxe V2 | 2x Intel X18-M 80GB RAID0 |
| XFX HD 5870 | Corsair HX750W PSU | Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 | Antec P180 v1.1 |

#15 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2008 - 03:38 PM

i had actually gotten the Batman Arkham Asylum for $17.xx after the extra 20% off...The reason it was still there was probably cause it was opened, but i took the chance since lego has great customer service when it comes to missing parts.

I ending up missing about 30-40 pieces and had no problem with Lego sending them to me for free

I got it for 40 and the box was beat up and had missing pieces, LEGO sent me all the pieces except for the head of the Riddler, very weird. I didn't want to email them for one piece.

And Cafe Corner is on sale at least once a week for $114 (Check your Gold Box), still too much for me, I rather have Mindstorms.

#16 Halo05

Halo05

Posted 19 April 2008 - 04:02 PM

My Target never has legos on clearance. The best value I ever found was back in 2005 (I think), for Black Friday, Target had the $100 Millenium Falcon on sale for $50.

That being said, I'm now tempted to troll my local Target while I'm out today.

As many of you know, black ops 2 is plaid with bugs, lag etc which many people have been suffering including me.

plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid plaid

#17 mickeyp

mickeyp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2008 - 04:11 PM

I got this on sale $49.00(LEGO Monster Dino ) anybody have it and think it is fun.
Smile

#18 Irukandji

Irukandji

Gold Guns Girls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2008 - 05:48 PM

well this thread is kicking a little ass. nice.

im going to hit a couple targets(hehe) on monday when i go to cleveland. my local one didnt have anything. remember to keep your $5 off $25 coupon with you. while your out hunting.

http://farm3.static....75fdd3c3c_o.gif

#19 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2008 - 07:25 PM

That TRU coupon is good today too!

http://www.toysrus.c...egoryId=3088666

#20 Irukandji

Irukandji

Gold Guns Girls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2008 - 07:42 PM

your right man. good call. i just used that coupon to pick up saints row and stranglehold. both for 27 bucks.

#21 chex20

chex20

....Marisa Miller

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 April 2008 - 07:57 PM

Here ya go:

http://fbtb.net/

Mainly geared towards Star Wars LEGO sets but they do have a general B/S/T/Finds forum which sometimes they will post if/when TRU or any other stores have discounts/coupons. Been a member for that site for a long, if not longer, than CAG. Check it out.

#22 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2008 - 06:28 AM

I bought Truck & Forklift (7733) today from TRU. It has plastic bags labeled 1 - 4. Bag 1 was not for my set. I did some research - it's from Container Stacker (7992). Never seen that before. Calling LEGO once they're open.

#23 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2008 - 06:33 AM

Here ya go:

http://fbtb.net/

Mainly geared towards Star Wars LEGO sets but they do have a general B/S/T/Finds forum which sometimes they will post if/when TRU or any other stores have discounts/coupons. Been a member for that site for a long, if not longer, than CAG. Check it out.

Oohhh, looks good. Thanks!

#24 SOSTrooper

SOSTrooper

θ = fractional occupancy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2008 - 08:18 AM

I bought Truck & Forklift (7733) today from TRU. It has plastic bags labeled 1 - 4. Bag 1 was not for my set. I did some research - it's from Container Stacker (7992). Never seen that before. Calling LEGO once they're open.

I just bought Truck & Forklift too and my bag #1 is correct. So yah that's very weird your set got different pieces.

Posted Image
| Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | OCZ Gold 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 1600 | Asus P6T Deluxe V2 | 2x Intel X18-M 80GB RAID0 |
| XFX HD 5870 | Corsair HX750W PSU | Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120 | Antec P180 v1.1 |

#25 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2008 - 03:22 PM

That's strange because they normally weigh the sets, so missing that many pieces should come up, and the set be rejected and corrected.

And I have a question for all of you, how old are you?

#26 relicbane

relicbane

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2008 - 03:45 PM

im 28 and havent had access to legos in longer then I can remember because they are just too expensive to justify. i would love to get in on the star wars ones though, since I am just now reading through the novels :D

#27 Irukandji

Irukandji

Gold Guns Girls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2008 - 05:11 PM

im 28 and havent had access to legos in longer then I can remember because they are just too expensive to justify. i would love to get in on the star wars ones though, since I am just now reading through the novels :D

word. i love the star wars sets but im only buying them if they're 60% off hah. check your walmarts and targets once a week.

#28 TheBlueWizard

TheBlueWizard

Indeed, O'Neill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2008 - 05:39 PM

I've picked up several of the Star Wars Ultimate Collector's Sets. They are incredible, but very expensive. I've got these:

Death Star II:

http://shop.lego.com...43&cn=416&d=322

I've also got the Tantive IV and a Tie Interceptor from the same series, but I couldn't find pictures in my less than 30 second search.

All of them are impressive, but I really am trying hard to justify this one:

http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=10179

The $500 price tag is probably just too much. Most of the ones from this series that I have gotten, were at half price, but with Lego only selling this one, it will probably be some time before the price drops.

TBW
"There are geeks, I am their leader."

Posted Image
Collection

#29 n64ra

n64ra

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2008 - 05:41 PM

I'm 24, and my wife gets pissed when I spent a lot on legos. :(

I guess the weights were similar enough?

#30 The Green Giant

The Green Giant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 April 2008 - 07:19 PM

I'm 24, and my wife gets pissed when I spent a lot on legos. :(

I guess the weights were similar enough?

Divorce. :)

And I have seen the $500 Star Wars set at a LEGO Store, it's HUGE, I mean massively huge.

Still not worth $500.